Status: 10 chapters

Can't Love a Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas.

Chapter 10.

When I got home I immediately went up and showered. The house smelled like chicken and bake potato.

But it only made me nauseous.

Lucy was already asleep in her room. So I went in and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Then I showered, letting the hott steam fill my chest and the water wash all my worries away with it down the drain.

I smelled like floral mint when I got back out.

Goosebumps covered my skin as I hurried to grab some pj’s.

I grabbed some long light blue pj pants and a normal white cami, covered with an old East Falls highschool sweatshirt. It was cozy.

I turned up my music to play Avril Lavigne: Take me away. Because that’s how I felt.

I wanted to get out of here. I felt so alone.

I missed Kara, and I missed Michael.

What the hell was with Colton’s problem? Why did he not like me so much? I did nothing to him.

JERK! AND YES I’M JUDGING HIM!

I sighed. I opened my window to go out on the roof. The oncoming cold night air felt nice- refreshing.

I took deep breaths, humming along to the music coming from my room.

I looked up at the starlit sky. You could see stars better out here, than when it was covered by the city lights.

A noise caught my attention.

I glanced down at the woods bordering my backyard. Movement.

I saw movement. I fidgeted and pulled my feet to my chest.

Something was emerging. Something was coming up from the woods.

I watched, I didn’t blink. I couldn’t even take a breath.

A huge shadow, silhouette of some animal appeared from the woods.

A wolf? Maybe? Paced the very edge of the forest, right where it creased and formed into my backyard.

The line seemed so precious to the creature.

I thought it was a wolf… but it was so big. Probably two or three times bigger than a normal wolf.

It’s eyes hit the moonlight, and it looked up at me.

I blinked and rubbed my eyes thinking I was seeing things.

It couldn’t be…. It couldn’t be the same wolf that was in the woods that day, could it?

It’s eyes stayed locked on mine. Everything about him—I registered to memory. His rich dark brown fur, that looked like a field of soft brown fur. Like milk chocolate, silky and luxurious. Nothing like you’d think a wolf’s fur would look like. It didn’t look natural, it’s pointy ears that flicked with every new sound around it, it’s snout pointy and yet rounded, it’s nose flaring with every breath I took.

It was beautiful to say the least. I gaped at it, as it studied me. The wolf and I just sat there staring at one another for what must have been like ten minutes.

The song had gone off already, leaving the silence.

I whispered out to it.

“Hey there.” I breathed and it blinked its eyes slowly, keeping them closed for a few seconds then reopening them.

“What’s your name?” It stared at me.

“I’m Shaylee.”

“Wow… you’re a really pretty wolf aren’t you?” It huffed and I could hear a low growl.

“I’m not going to hurt you. Will you stay there? Can I come out and visit you?”

Again, I must have been completely out of my mind. But I was transfixed. As my eyes never left his (or hers) I felt something.

Something so strongly, inside of me.

Home.

It felt like home. Don’t ask me to explain it, because frankly, I can’t.

All I knew is that I wanted to reach out and touch it. The beautiful creature, and get lost in it’s fur.

I climbed back into my window and opened my door, sneaking out down the stairs, hoping they didn’t creak to much as I descended.

The anticipation was killing me; I was excited, nervous and curious all at the same time. Although I was not the least bit scared. Something I still couldn’t explain, but when I looked out the back door that was conveniently made of glass, the wolf was gone.

Vanished. The only thing left was the weary darkness of the forest.

I felt disappointed. Out of this horrible day, that lonely wolf had managed to make me forget it.

Of course I wasn’t stupid enough to go out in the woods looking for it, so instead I turned off my lights and turned on the tv to a random channel and snuggled up to my pillow.

That night I went to sleep dreaming of the fur that felt like silk, and eyes that shook my soul.

Brown eyes.

*

The next day I went to school with Blake. He stopped by Mcdonalds and got me an iced coffee.

I offered him some, but he said he didn’t like coffee.

“Seriously? I love the taste of coffee!” I sang, as I slurped the drink.

“Too bad I don’t.”

“Good thing were not boyfriend girlfriend, because you would never want to kiss me!” I covered my mouth as quickly as I said that.

Did I really just say that? That was sooo embarrassing. I’m just use to saying those things to Michael—my gay bestfriend all the time! But Blake’s not gay!

AGHH! Someone kidnap me and hide me from the world.

Blake’s face… actually went…red.

It was completely adorable.

Did I just say that? Wow. I must be on a roll.

“Uhm… yeah, but I guess if I had a girlfriend, I think I’d have to learn to like coffee if I wanted to kiss her. She would be worth it.”

I was flabbergasted. Yes I said flabbergasted.

“Blake, that is so sweet.”

He smiled his charming smile, something I seemed to enjoy more and more with every day.

“Yeah, but there’s always the fact that she’d have to be my type.”

“Your type?” I laughed. “What exactly is your type?” I raised an eyebrow, drinking more of my drink.

“Well, she’d probably have to be funny… kind of like you and your little comments.”

“My comments?”

“Yeah, you have these little saying and things you do that are cute. They’re just you.” I smiled the biggest I had, and laughed the hardest I had since I moved here.

“Really?”

“Yes. And she’d have to be smart like you, even though you struggle with Pre-Calc.”

I punched him. “SHUT UP!”

“Kidding. And she’d have to be prêt--.”

I scoffed. “Figures guys always want model-looking women.”

“You didn’t let me finish.”

“Oh. Continue then.”

“She’d have to be pretty on the inside—that’s the most important. And it would also help if she was really hot.”

I rolled my eyes. “Totally called it.”

“See!” He shouted, with his hands out as if presenting something.

“See what?”

“Totally called it” He said in a girly voice. “That’s what I mean by your little comments.”

I laughed.

The car went silent for a few minutes.

“So my comments are cute, eh?” I said, not sure why my stomach was turning on itself.

He blushed and turned away. “Eh, for a turtle-snail.”

*

The day went by rather fast.

Leslie and I presented our project and obviously got an A.

We blamed it on the nachos.

Math was still hard, but it was easier with Blake always there to help me.

Some Italian ‘model’ tried talking to Blake, but he politely excused himself to help me finish up the homework. It took all I had not to stick my tongue out at her. For some reason I liked that Blake ditched her to talk to me.

We had free time in gym, because there was a sub, and he looked like he dropped out of a star-trek convention. He had glasses that kept falling down to the bridge of his nose, and his hair was sleeked back neatly.

One thing I noticed was the fact that Colton wasn’t there.

He hadn’t even come to track practice.

In fact, he wasn’t there Thursday either, or Friday, and wouldn’t you know. He wasn’t there all of the next week ethier!

I was excited for Friday though. Blake said his parents had invited us over for dinner.

His house was ginormous to say the least. Blake and Brooke had seemed to lay off of me about Less and Vi after Colton disappeared.

Whenever I asked what happened to him, everyone just said he needed time off, and left town.

But recently… I had just felt empty. I told myself I was being stupid by thinking it had something to do with Colton missing.

I couldn’t help but feel guilty. It didn’t escape my head that he had disappeared after the day he freaked out on me.

One thing that hadn’t disappeared though, was my dreams; in every dream I had, it had that wolf.

*

I got together a tiny little cocktail dress (black and all) and some heels. I applied some bright red lipstick and straightened my hair.

My mom had left to go drop Lucy off at her friend’s house.

My mother was dressed in a elegant brown dress, and my dad in a nice white button up shirt.

I smiled; my mom was currently putting a tie on my dad. He was just as giggilish as I was, so he chuckled as her fingers brushed his neck while tying.

“Honey, you look ravishing.” My mom complimented.

“Thank you. You look hot too mom.” I said, using more normal lengo.

She rolled her eyes. “Let’s go.”

I followed them out the door and over next door to the Cunningham’s house.

The door creaked open and a nice butler stood in the doorway.

“Goodevening Turners.”

“Goodevening.” We all answered.

“Right this way.” He instructed, taking our coats.

The entrance way had exotic marble floors that looked like it took a lot of intricate work to design the flooring.

A giant chandelier hung over our heads, glistening with every fraction of light.

“Wow. I’m envious.” My mother said; her mouth hanging open.

“Tell me about it.” I repeated her statement.

Suddenly the couple that I met two weeks ago entered the room, looking as stunning as every. The mother still with that pale blonde hair and almost florescent colored skin, with her husband with dark, graying hair and pearly white smile.

“Hello again; Amanda, Greg, Shaylee.” They greeted us.

I smiled up at them. We all replied our “hello’s”.

“Mr and Mrs. Cunningham, do you know where Brooke and Blake are?”

“Right here!” Said a voice I’ve grown rather fond of.

Blake looked handsome. I couldn’t lie.

His baby blue button up shirt and white tie matches his eyes to the T. His eyes bulged out at the sight of my figure, but then that dashing smile made it’s was across his lips.

Brooke sauntered up to us behind him; herself in a long blue gown and a giant diamond necklace. Her dress matched Blakes, and of course matched her eyes perfectly.

Blake engulfed me into a giant hug, something he’s been doing more often recently.

“If you would, follow us to the dining area.”

“Your house is A-MAZING.” I whispered to Blake.

“I’ll give you a tour later if you’d like.” He whispered back.

“Yes please.”

I looked up to see his father watching us. I blushed immediately. He smiled and winked at Blake.

“That’s embarrassing.” Blake blushed, which he rarely does. I laughed at him.

The dinning area was so big. The table was twice as long as any other table and completely glass, with a sliver of a gold border. The walls were paneled wood, and the chairs big and comfortable.

Not to mention that dinner was astounding! Lobster with ‘all-day-mashed-potatoes” (they took all day to make). With asparagus and mixed seasoned vegetables.

“This is soo good!”

“I agree mom.” I stated, drinking the cleanest water I’ve ever had in my life.

“Yes. We got our chef from Asia. He cooks everything exquisitely.” Mrs. Cunningham announced. Then our mothers went into conversation about interior decorating, and my dad rather bluntly asked Mr. Cunningham what he did for a living.

“Shaylee, I meant to tell you, we have to go out this weekend, the prom is coming up and I want to be there to help you pick out your dress.” Brooke whispered into my ear.

She sat on my left, and Blake sat on my right.

“Oh, I don’t know if I’m going.” I stated truthfully. It was true, no one went to the dances in New York. Besides I get super embarrassed having to dance that closely to any guy.

“Nonesense, we’ll go tomorrow.”

We were all immersed in our own conversations when Mr. Cunningham instructed Blake to give me a tour.

“Follow me snail.”

I laughed once we were out of the dining area. “You just won’t let that go!”

He beamed. ‘Not any time soon.”

“So this is the living room.” It’s perfect white coaches made me wonder if anything living or dead has ever sat on them at all. The cinnamon colored walls warmed to you instantly. Not to mention the giant screen tv.

“Dad watches football on here.” He stated and I looked at him like, ‘duh’. What else would you use the tv for?

Blake proceeded to show me the kitchen, which was bustling with people of all races and size. I thanked them for the meal and they all seemed genuinely surprised that I did so.

Blake thanked them as well, and they seemed even more surprised by that.

Next was a casual dinning room, then a about three guest bedrooms, then a homework room (Blake’s least favorite.) And the last room led to a huge library.

The old dusty books seemed familiar to me.

Blake watched me analyze everything. “You use to read princess books in here, and I would complain and you would tell me to shut up.”

I laughed, feeling my cheeks burn. “Seriously?”

He chuckled a little. “Yeah.”

“Wow.”

We went upstairs, and Blake said there were too many rooms to show me, and that he just wanted to show me a few.

His room felt just like him. Deep Blue walls, a black comforter with blue curtains and a stereo system.

“I have a stereo system too!” I beamed.

“Yeah, you always said you wanted one when we were little.”

“Really? I can’t believe I was so spunky as a little kid.”

“You were though.”

He proceeded to show me Brooke’s room, which looked like I had just stepped into a cloud. It was white all over the place, with a giant closet that you could get lost in. It even smelled expensive. It also had a full-length mirror and vanity table.

I was too jealous. I had to leave.

He then showed me to the game room that had an Xbox, a playstation 3, a gamecube and anything else imaginable, as well as poole and air hockey and a slot machine.

I told Blake I would OWN him in rock band, and he said that next time I came over, we’d put that to the test.

The rest of the house just told me I should never go up here alone; I would surely get lost.

Then Blake led me out to the pool and garden. The pool had a waterfall with purple swirled, tiled border.

“I have to come here during the summer.”

“No doubt.” He laughed.

“I want to show you the gardens. They’re beautiful this time of the year.”

I let him pull me out to a iron gate, that opened slowly to release all the beauty.

There were rows and rows of colors, of different types of flowers; some I haven’t even heard of before.

“Wow. This is amazing.”

“Yeah. I thought I’d bring an amazing girl to an amazing garden.”

I smiled, feeling my cheeks burn again.

We walked in silence for a minute, me staring at all the beautiful flowers and plants.

“Hey Blake. Do you know where Colton disappeared to?”

“No.” He spat, his voice carrying anger as he stopped walking.

I turned to see what was so wrong. He ran his hands through his blonde hair and let out a rough sigh.

“Why does it even matter to you Shaylee? I’m glad he left.” Whoa. Touchy subject much?

“I was just wondering…”

“You’re always wondering about him. Let him go. He’s a jerk, he doesn’t deserve your worry.”

“You shouldn’t judge people before you know them Blake.”

HYPOCRITE!! Ohhh shutt uppp head.

“I know him better than you, and he is not a nice guy.”

“Ok. Ok, sorry I brought him up.” I said hearing the sound of water falling.

I looked up to a beautiful fountain. Huge. It had a naked woman holding a pot with her body in a ballerina pose.

Something you’d see in the ancient Romanian times.

Blake sat me down next to the fountain as I stared at it. The lights lit up the fountain’ edges, almost making it look romantic.

I turned back to him only to catch him staring at me. I averted my eyes.

“Hey Lee’s, can I ask you a question?”

“Shoot.” I smiled up at him.

“Look, I know we’ve only known each other for a few weeks, but I’ve liked you since we were little. And this feeling inside won’t go away.”

I gulped.

“So will you go out with me?” He smiled a dashing smile, though it was a little bit nervous.

Did I like Blake like that? Well, he did make me laugh. He was such a nice guy…I deserved to be cared for by a nice guy, don’t I?

But why did I feel so sick at the question.

This is stupid, of course Blake would be good for me.

But why am I hesitating if I’m so sure?

“Shaylee…?”

I looked up at him from under my eyelashes.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT AND RATE AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS :D