Status: 10 chapters

Can't Love a Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas.

Chapter 21.

School. I hate it with enough passion, I could go Jesus and crack the ground open and send it all to hell, without the students and teachers of course, how horrible do you think I am??

Dreams seemed to haunt me recently, in every one of them Colton and I would come close to kissing and then something would happen, and I’d jump back and it turned out to be Blake instead. Indeed, it was very freaky.

But now whenever I saw either one of them, I blushed a horrible shade of red.

I tapped my pencil on the cafeteria table. Leslie and Violet had taken me out to Lunch for a while, after I explained the horrible pull of my situation between Blake and Brooke, and Colton and them. They agreed to get away for a little while, but now it was one of my first days back.

I was trying –and failing—a Pre-Calc equation.

“You just carry over the pie.” Blake instructed as he hovered over me, his hand rested on the small of my back comfortingly. I sighed, having him there did make math seem more bearable. Plus Brooke’s constant chatter beside me kind of wanted to make me slam my head against the cafeteria table till I was concussed. But what else is new?

“What?!? Why don’t you carry over the 2h?” I questioned. This was hopeless.

“I give up.”

“Lee’s don—.”

“Blake, don’t argue. I’m serious. I’ll come over after school or something if I can.” I sighed, and in the process my bangs flew over my head, and then returned once I had run out of breath.

I wasn’t stupid—I knew I wasn’t, but I couldn’t help but want to chuck my notebook at the nearest by-stander.

“I have to go meet with Mr. Rodes about this, and have him like transfer me into an easier class.”

Blake nodded solemnly, understanding, and I took off down the halls.

The smell of clay hit my nose, and it made me pause—mid-walk.

A bunch of kids were in the class with a goofy looking man with crazy curly auburn hair. His hazel eyes were soft and teased with humility. He looked to be in his mid forties.

They were molding sculptures and laughing as they squished the clay between their fingers.

I sighed. Another reason to think about Colton freaking Sparks. I had this nagging feeling to go sign up for the art show. I hadn’t worked on a real piece in a long time. Something I had to get dirty in, drowning in pastels and permanent marker. I missed it. I hadn’t drawn a piece of work big enough, since a year ago in New York.

But to show it in front of people? I’m not sure I was ready for that step. My self-esteem just didn’t carry me that far. But still… the iris flower, Colton’s non-stop and somewhat annoyingly strong faith in me?

But I needed to focus on math. I needed to get my head out of dreamland, and figure out how the heck you were supposed to carry over pie!?

*

The Math session with Mr. Rodes helped a little, but not much. He tried to convince me that I was ‘where I was supposed to be’ and not to switch out. So in other words, he wanted me to write my own death sentence, pardon, solve an equation of my own death sentence.

Fourth period with Colton was completely normal. And when I say normal, I really mean awkward.

First, it started with the fact that I turned the corner into the classroom, and ran into him while he was sharpening his pencil at the side table next to the door.

“Ur…sorry.” I breathed, a tingling sensation forming where our skin had made barely any contact through our shirts.

Second, he chuckled, the sound filling me with a weird emotion; it was a soft and warm laugh, making me want to smile in return. But I refrained.

I shuffled through the classroom around chairs in order to ask the teacher about something she put on the homework that I didn’t understand (as if I didn’t already feel stupid enough). On my way back to my seat some kid stopped me short.

“You’re the new girl right? Shaylee is it?” His brown hair was spiked on his head, making it look like he had smothered in too much hair gel. His skin was sun-kissed tan and his bright green eyes were analyzing me.

“Yea. And you’re the kid who state’s the obvious?” I smirked. He threw his head back and laughed.

“Yeah. I guess I am. But my formal name is Jason. But that’s not what I want to talk about. Do you have a date to the dance tomorrow night?” I quirked an eyebrow at his question.

“Well…yeah. I’m going with—.”

“Me.” My eyes went big as I looked at Colton. His hand was rested on Jason’s shoulder and he was smiling like he had just opened a Christmas present, and not at all like he was lying. Which he was.

Which brings me to the third reason. We were not going together! Nooo way. I mean Blake hadn’t officially asked me, but we were dating, so you just had to assume that we were going together. Plus he was giving me a ride home, but either way.

Colton wouldn’t ask me, would he? There was the whole “we almost kissed twice” ordeal, but… really? What had that been?

Even thinking about it made my blush appear almost like it had never left.

Jason looked between Colton and I and then nodded, shrugging his way out of Colton’s hard grasp on his shoulder and taking a seat. He gave me a sad look before getting to work right before the bell rang.

We both took our seats to begin class. He couldn’t possibly mistake my cold glare the whole walk back.

“Why would you tell him that?” I spat. Why was he always showing up in my personal life!??

“You should thank me.” Colton paused as the teacher swung her booty to the right, causing her to turn left and look at us.

“I should?” I all but laughed.

“Yes. You should, Jason is a creep. And once he gets his eyes on you, he might not let you go, and he’s a friend of your boy-toy. So if you told him you were going with Blake, it wouldn’t scare him, he’d just keep bugging you. But with me—.”

“Let me guess,” I interrupted “Your going to “scare” him off?” I mused.

His brown eyes locked with mine before turning back to the teacher. “Yes.”

“I’m sure mentioning Blake’s name would have been just fine.”

Colton grunted. “Yeah, because polo boy would have scared off one of the school’s biggest and most dedicated creeps.”

Did he enjoy pissing me off? “You just really don’t like the fact that I’m dating Blake do you?” I asked, my tone diving dangerously to offensive.

He didn’t say anything for about thirty seconds, and I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down. I shifted my chair forward and vowed I would try to pay more attention.

Colton was nothing but trouble for me.

And here’s the fourth and final reason…

“No. I don’t.” Colton’s voice was so raw, it shook me. Goosebumps rose on my arms. God. Why did his voice have that effect on me??

I glanced at him from under my eyelashes. His brown eyes met mine instantly. I licked my lips absentmindedly and his eyes broke away for only a moment to watch my tongue slide across my bottom lip, then they returned. The color I could place, for I had seen the brown hue many times before.

It reminded me of a rich forest, and the bark of the trees. Brown, alluring, and burning with passion and a certain liveliness not a single soul could place. I would never look away if it was up to me. I just wanted to crack the code. Get lost in his eyes as if they were the coded key to unlock all that Colton was.

“Shaylee, I—.”

“Mr. Sparks!” We both jumped and I snapped out of my Colton-trance.

“Enough talking before I send you to detention this instance.” Colton rolled his eyes, and he refrained from speaking. But I don’t’ think it was because he was scared of getting sent to detention. I think it was because he was afraid of what he had been about to say.

I felt my cheeks pinch pink and I sunk into the chair like it would save me from this horrible feeling inside of me.

The feeling of wanting to get closer to Colton

To beg him to tell me all of the secrets of our past. The secrets I couldn’t recall when I tried yet sprang on me whenever I was least expecting it.

To get close to him, enough to feel his warm, tingly breath on my skin, to feel the heat radiate from his body. To touch him and create more insane feelings whenever our skin happened to come in contact.

But most of all… to know what he was about to say to me. I blushed redder, my mind skimming all the different things he could have said. Most of them having to do with a long-awaited kiss that has almost happened twice.

God. What was happening to me? BLAKE was my boyfriend for crying out loud.

BLAKE! NOT COLTON!

But every dream I had of Colton, I felt safe, happy. And every dream I had of Blake…well, it felt more like a nightmare.

But that was silly. Blake was harmless. If anyone, I should be afraid of Colton, not Blake.

Right?

*

I made up my mind when I got home from picking Lucy up. Melony got picked up early that day for an appointment and never came back, so guess what, Colton was a no-show.

When I first heard this, I felt sad. And I didn’t know why. Actually I did know, but I refused to allow myself to give in to the feeling that I liked Colton. A lot more than a girl like me should. I wanted to talk to him about what he was going to say to me in Earth Science. The curiosity and all the possibilities were killing me.

But I had truly made up my mind. I was going to work on my wolf poster till I couldn’t anymore. Then from there, I would decide whether or not I wanted it to be entered into the auction.

The dead line was by tomorrow before school ends. So I had about twenty hours.

“MOM!” I yelled from where I was standing in the hallway. My mom peaked her head from behind her bedroom door.

“Yes?”

“Where’s the rest of our stuff that we didn’t unpack?” I asked.

“I believe in the closet, there.” She pointed to a closet a few feet from me.

“Thanks.”

“No problem, sweetheart.” My mother smiled at me before disappearing behind her door again. I could hear my father from the other side as well. I smiled. I loved my parents. They were an adorable couple.

I grabbed the chest hidden beneath layers of dust and blew on it. The dust went flying and I opened it.

I guess it has been a while since I looked in here, in fact I don’t think I ever really looked, just threw stuff in it. Until over the years, it piled up.

I peered in, and pulled out my giant sketchbook, with perfect paper for the type of work I wanted to do on it.

Before I closed the lid though, something appeared from the corner of my eye. I leaned over, trying not to breathe in the dust and picked it up before brushing it off with my yellow Sing it Loud shirt.

It was the anklet…the one Colton had given me when were so young. The blue and red patterns weaving together in a strong, sturdy oval to fit my ankle. The yellow print that was faded, yet still readable read: BFFs. I smiled; the bracelet let go of what felt like a million caged butterflies in my stomach.

I twirled it in my fingers before I slid it onto my ankle. I got my sketchbook and sat it down in my closet (because of the better lighting).

And from there, I worked. I stroked, I erased and re-drew till my hand cramped. I then traced it in permanent thin marker and began to color, to overlap colors, to blend colors. Till my wolf unfolded before my eyes. I stopped only momentarily for dinner and to do homework.

I fell asleep that night without meaning too, with a brown streak of marker across my left cheek. A wolf in my closet, as well as one outside my window watching me from behind the cover of the trees.

*

awww! She's starting to recognize her feelings for Colton! How exciting!

GO READ THE STORY BY: xXxBrokenXStringsxXx....seriously she's better than Stephanie Meyer. I'm in love with her stories. If that's possible....and she watches some kick-ass tv shows xD

Alright, adios!

Songs:

Lips of an Angel: Hinder

How Long: Hinder

Better Than Me: Hinder.

I was feeling Hinder-ish.

GO CHECK OUT THIS SONG/VIDEO! THIS GIRL IS 16 turning 17!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYeGw-bo430

^^the new face of rock. I'm in love with her music and her style SHE ROCKS!

^^which i also listened to this chapter, Make Me Wanna Die: The Pretty Reckless. Fits Shaylee sort of, eh?

Love Story: Taylor Swift

The Veronicas: Everything I'm Not. Video CRACKS me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
MORE COMMENTS! xD