Status: Active;

Help, I'm Alive

Three;

“Kayla get up,” I tried to wake her up. If she didn’t wake up now, she would be late to school, and we might catch my mom for her daily bathroom break.

“Kayla,” I tried again. All she did was groan and turn over.

“Kayla,” I said louder. She woke up and yawned.

“Go get ready. It’s getting late.” I said giving her a little push.

Ten minutes later, I was dropping Kayla off to school.

“Be good, okay? I have to work later, so I’ll drop you off at daycare. Okay?” I had a part-time job at Borders, the bookstore.

“Bye,” She said skipping off to her friends.

• • • •

“Have a nice day, Ma’m” I said giving a fake smile to the customer.

“Next,” I called out without looking up.

A CD landed on the counter. I looked up to see that guy from the nurse’s office.

“That’ll be $16.99, please.” He passed me a twenty, and our hands met. I felt a shock of electricity. Nervous of what happened and confused, I put the money in the cash register and gave him his change.

“Have a n-nice day.” I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself for that.

Why did he make me nervous? And, what was this electricity feeling?

• • • •

“Emerald, where’s my ash tray?” My mother yelled.

“Go get me a beer!” My father ordered. It was best to do what they wanted, or I would get beaten.

I got both of the things quickly and tried to flee from them.

“Where do you think you’re going? I’m not done with you!” My dad stomped over and slapped me across the face. I winced as my cheek stung.

Then, he shoved me to the wall and said, “You disgusting little pest! Leave!” But before I could leave, he slapped me again. Hard.

I whimpered & scurried to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope you like it; It's shorter than I thought it would be.
Darn paper for making it look long!
Lol. Comment&Feedback :)