Status: Active;

Help, I'm Alive

Eight;

“So, how has it been?” Mrs. Lucky asked the next day. It was just us two talking.

“Well, he’s like everyone else, quiet. But, I think we just need time,” I lied. Parker and I weren’t talking or anything.

Mrs. Lucky nodded. “Well then, I think you need to gain his trust.” I looked at her in confusion. “Befriend him.”

“What?” I blurted out.

“I think it’s a good idea. From what the teachers say, he needs a friend. And, I think you’ll be a good one.”

I thought her idea wasn’t good at all. From the times I’ve had talked to him, he would always be rude to me.

“So, I’m going to try to get him the same classes as you,” she went on.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” She looked at me, an eyebrow raised. “I mean, you can’t force us to be friends. We probably don’t have anything in common,” I covered up quickly.

“Emerald, I’m the counselor. So, I decide what can happen. Besides, I can feel that’s its going to turn out great.”

I felt that it was going to turn out bad.

• •

Mrs. Lucky wasn’t lying; she was already arranging his classes. I didn’t see how this was going to change anything. He couldn’t even look at me in the eye. It was like I had done something to him before.

But, I never did anything.

“Hi…” I said awkwardly to Parker, the next day we met.

He grumbled in response.

“Uh…so I talked to Mrs. Lucky, and she said she was going to change your classes. So, we could have the same classes.” I said nervously.

“What?” he spat. “Why?”

I chewed on my lip before answering. I didn’t know if telling him was going to be the right idea. He would probably ignore me more. “I don’t know.”

He grunted. “Great. This is what I need more. This whole counseling thing is freaking dumb.”

I stayed quiet. It was best if I did stay quiet.

“I didn’t even agree to this, but it is better than being at home,” he mumbled the last part, though I could still hear it.

“What?” I asked before I could stop myself.

He looked at me, straight in the eyes. And for a second, pain was filled in them, but he quickly covered it with a blank look.

He looked away. “Nothing.”

His eyes were just like mine, filled with pain.

For the rest of the day, I didn’t feel so alone. Because, I knew we faced something horrible everyday; it could have been something totally different or the same. But either way, I didn’t feel so alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOA, it's almost been a month since I've updated. D:
Sorry, school takes up my time :\
Ehh, this is short, but it's all I could do for now.