Like a Dream Come True

Chapter one: Supreme God

[Back in 2006]

“Come on Lindsay! You’ll love it here” Mom said as she tugged my small arm so I would climb into the bus that would take us to the small town nobody knew, in order to see our grandparents. “Look Lance isn’t making any scene about it.”

In fact, my twin brother, Lance, was screaming rape as Dad grabbed him by the waist and tried to make him let go of the light pole.

“But… Dad! I don’t wanna go there! There’s no PlayStation2 in that small shit town! Not even a Nintendo 64” He screamed as Dad pulled harder.

“Look at your sister she isn’t a big wuss like you are.” Dad said rather annoyed. “At least she is not screaming like a mad girl!”

“Fine!” he let go as Dad took him inside the bus.

“See… you should be a lady and do what I say.” Mom said as she towed harder, finally my hand let go the bench and she roared at the driver so he could close the bus door. Since, both of us failed our mission to prevent us from going to that small boring town we took our iPods out and waited the whole 3 hours awake so we could complain about the town when we got there.

“Lindsay, how are you doing in school?” Nono asked.

“I’m awesome though I can’t say the same thing with Lance.” I giggled. “I bet I’m Goku and he is Vegeta, I’m not talking generically here.”

“Who is the fastest and coolest of the both? I beg to differ but I think you are the looser right here.” Lance threw a broccoli at me. “Stop using words you don’t even know the meaning to make it look I’m the stupid.”

“That you don’t know them doesn’t mean I don’t know them.” I threw it back. Lance got up and tackled me. “You idiot!”

“Lindsay, watch your language!” Dad said from the other room and kept talking with a friend of Granddad. I kept fighting back with Lance, I was so loosing.

“DO something!” I ordered to Nono that stood there amused. He composed himself and pulled Lance away from me. I stood and punched Lance and Nono on the crotch, and let them whimpering on the floor.

I went outside and sat on a bench that I helped Granddad build when I was eight, I think that was 3 years ago. That bench had a lot of cool memories with Granny. I used to love coming here but ever since she passed away it tears me to see the look on granddad’s face when he looks at me. Nono came and sat beside me.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yup, I’m going to get some black marks later on.” I shrugged; I just wanted this trip to be over. “I didn’t find it funny when you…”

Nono interrupted me in mid speech when he crashed his lips on mine. I was shocked; I’ve never expected my fifteen year old uncle to kiss me. I kicked him with all my might where the sun doesn’t shine and stomped to the corridor.

[Present]

That bastard took my first kiss. People tend to say the first kiss is magical, that it makes you enter into a state of bliss where fireworks explode and your leg goes ‘POP!’ (I know I took that from The Princess Diary) even if they know that the first kiss is the worst kiss ever due to the lack of knowledge and experience on that area. People –mainly girls- seem to cherish it as the most important moment before hitting or during the pre-teen years.

Before the pre-teen years both boys and girls are inexperienced and seem to be disgusted with the fact of sharing spit/saliva with their opposite gender; so it’s more likely to be worse than having your first kiss when you hit the pre-teen years. However, if you share it with someone more experienced than yourself would make the kiss more pleasurable.

I would say I was in option number two; however, I didn’t kiss him willingly. He had stolen my first and only cherished kiss. For an eleven year old girl like me, being THAT taken away was like losing her v-card reluctantly. Now, six years after I feel like that, but in the moment, I shall not lie, I loved it.

But I hate him with all my passion. I won’t forgive Shannon Lewis from stealing my first kiss. I was so naïve and didn’t know that it was so wrong but it felt so right, even if it was my own uncle.

---------------------------------------------------

“Yo, fagot.” Some jerkish boy said. “Why don’t you do everyone a favor and suicide? It’s not like someone would miss you.”

I turned to look at the one who said that.

“Why don’t you get a life and mind on your own business?!” I growled. The annoying bastard laughed trying to be all cool with my comeback. Nobody messes with my brother.

“Oh My… He is so useless that his sister has to defend him.” He made the group of jocks surrounding him laugh. “I like feisty ones.”

“You bastard!” I was running to tackle him when Lance stopped me from doing so.

“Lind… he is not worth your time.” He tugged me to our next class.

“Why don’t you stand up for yourself?” I asked annoyed.

“It’s my problem not yours.” He spat. “Why should I do that if I’m going to get beat up for speaking up? I can’t believe everything is so easy!” He stormed out before I could muster a comeback. I kept walking to Art, feeling a little bit upset that jocks are making it hard to my twin. I wasn’t in the mood to bump with anyone, but I guess luck wasn’t on my side and to make it more griefful it had to be Kate.

“Watch it emo!” That annoying high pitched voice made me want to kill her.

“I can’t since all I can see are two fake balloons!” I tried to stand on my feet but like I said karma is a bitch.

“Urgh! You ugly whore!” Look, she is so dumb she insults herself. She made the lame attempt to claw my arm.

“Oh! You didn’t bitch!” I turned and pulled her hair making her whimper. I guess I have to take some anger management classes ;-D She started clawing, trying to feebly stop me from starting banging her head against the floor tiles. “Don’t you ever mess with me again you fucking brain-dead whore! Don’t you dare threaten or bother me because you’ll…”

“Lewis, Smith! TO MY OFFICE!” The principle growled. I stood up and walked through the crowd that was gathering around the walking STD and me. I got before the bitch got there. I sat on one of the chairs and waited till Barbie arrived. “This is totally unacceptable; I’ve never thought I would be doing this! Lindsay you are an honor roll student not the aggressive type…”

“She started it! It’s called self defense.” I snapped back.

“Don’t you dare raise your tone with me, again!” He grunted. “Now… Kate you are a different story. You are always involved in fights so that means you start them but lose. I’m fair now when I say you are coming every Saturday at 8.00 a.m. to do some community service and get a review on how to use the uniform properly” He glared at Kate. I tried to contain myself but I joshed at that glare, which was seriously priceless! “Okay, girls, leave to your respective classes.” I was turning to leave when Mr. Mills said: “Miss Lewis, you don’t need to come here every Saturday since I’m going to offer you a treat. My son need some help with school. Would you do me a great favor and help him?”

“Yeah… sure.” I smiled. “IF you don’t place this encounter on my record, I’ll do it” I stretched my hand.

“Deal. I’m introducing him to you tomorrow.” He waved his had so I could leave. I sprinted to Art or what was left of art.

“Sorry I’m late. I was at the principal’s” I went and sat in the back where Lance and I usually seat but he wasn’t here. I guess he skipped. I’ll have to text him.

“As I was saying, before I got interrupted.” Mr. Willis playfully glared at me. “You’ll be working on your final art project that’s due to march.” The class bursted in claps. “It is based on your interests and can be done in any form, a gigantic painting, a scrapbook, photos, comics, whatever you imagination tells you do.” I smiled and wrote some ideas on a piece of paper. “There will not be a solo work. It would be done in groups of two.” I raised my hand. “No, team LEWIS won’t happen. I’ll pick your partner depending on your art skills.” He started saying some names and as Lance decided to skip, I didn’t talk to anyone. “Lewis… Lance and Gwen Marshall; Lewis… Lindsay and Paul Mills.” I stopped squiggling the piece of paper and raised my head to stare at Paul, who was looking somewhere else, and placed my head between my arms. “Now that I finished assigning everyone a partner, move towards the desk of your partner. Gwen, you’ll be working with me since Twin Boy didn’t attend to this class.”

I heard the chair beside me being moved.

“I don’t think the work will be done if you stare at the table.” Paul laughed. “Yo! Twin girl are you asleep?”

“Why does everyone calls us Twin boy or Twin girl? It’s kinda annoying!” I asked myself a bit too aloud. I raised my head and looked at the board

“I’m sorry, I guess everyone is used to call you Twin girl and your brother Twin boy” I saw him shrug from my panoramic sight. I turned to face him.

“Hi! I’m Lindsay also known as twin girl but you can call me Lindsay, your art partner.” I said stretching my hand.

“Random! Hey I’m Paul a.k.a. Pauly but you can call me your hot art partner” He shook my hand. “This is better; you can call me your supreme god that casually is your art partner.”

I laughed at his statement. “And you said I was random.” I rolled my eyes. “We’ll get along well.” He smirked.

“What music are you into?” He asked as he took a notepad out.

“I like emo music” I said using air quotes. “You?” Paul said something extremely fast and I raised my eyebrow not getting a word, he leaned closer and whispered.

“I like emo music, but… don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret.” He widened his eyes like he was a madman. I muffled a laugh and did the gesture of crossing my heart and hope to die.

“What are you into?” I took a note pad from my messenger bag.

“I like taking pictures, watching people die, watching vampire movies, Twilight doesn’t count- it’s crappy!- listening to music, playing the electric bass and… eating?” He raised the rim of his glasses and stroked his unshaved chin. “I guess that’s it. What about you?”

“I love taking pictures and being taken in pictures, watching how someone is killed, especially if it’s bloody. Singing, painting, drawing, watching paranormal movies, listening to music and sleeping but I’m somewhat of a morning person.” I smiled liking my answer.

“So… there are some things in which we can really focus on, we like almost the same type of music and enjoy it. We like paranormal movies, I’m more into vampirism but we can handle it. Hummm what else…”

“Do you have any brothers?” I asked randomly.

“Yep, one older one. And no I’m not going to introduce him to you; I’m the hot one of the family. He is my shadow.”

“Ego much?” I teased him. “Plus I have a boyfriend.”

“Favorite food?”

“I love pasta, how about you?”

“The same. Favorite color?”

“First purple, then red, then white, then black, how about you?”

“Black, green, dark blue, and grey.”

“The best subject?”

“Art all the way.” He said a bit too loud getting everyone’s attention. “Just kidding, it’s between music, P.E., art and drama, yours?”

“Art.”

“I have a great idea. We should start with some sketches. I make you a portrait of yourself and you make one of myself” I nodded my head and started sketching his face. I started with his eyes they were big and a light green with some spots of sky blue I’ve never realized before, they were cute. But his wayfarer black glasses covered them and they seemed a dull shade of green. He had a straight nose and some pinkish cheeks. His blonde haired bang was resting on the frame of his glasses; his lips were so… OMG! I can’t believe it I was totally checking him out! Lindsay you have a boyfriend! I finished my sketch and it looked pretty cool so I added some of color but not much so it looked like it was antique or something. “Are you done?” I raised my sight and saw Paul being too close for my liking.

“Yess…” I stammered. I mentally slapped myself for doing some. “Here.” I gave him my work and he gave me his.

I was somewhat like a fairy, loved it. It was me but in a fairish way. “I like the effect you made on my portrait.” Paul said hugging his painting.

“Thanks, it’s not a big deal!” I scratched the back of my head. “Yours is lovely too. I never thought I would make such a cute fairy.”

“I always pictured you like that.” He smiled in a friendly way and blushed. “We should get together sometime to advance.”

“Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The quickest we finish the more spare time we’ll have to do other things like focus in other projects.” I smiled at him.

“Yup, tomorrow I have football practice from two to three. You can come over at three thirty.”

“I don’t know where you live.” I muttered. I didn’t know where everyone apart from my friends-which were a few- lived, not even the popular kids from school.

“Do you have somewhere to write?” I took my note pad out and wrote the street where he lived. We gathered our stuff and left the class a few minutes later. I strode through the corridor and got to a secluded part of school where we usually gathered.

“Linz!” Andy addressed me. “Why aren’t you with Lance?”

“He decided to skip class without me.” I faked a hurt face. “He was pissed and left. I don’t know where he is. Has anyone seen him?”

“I saw him going upstairs” Saxon said making Jenny nod in agreement.

“Is he okay?” Steph asked concerned.

“I hope so…” I muttered. “See you at lunch. I am going to look for him.”

I ran through the corridors and got the stairs where I climbed them quickly. I opened the door that led to the roof and found Lance sitting on the bench Andy, Saxon, Lance and I built.

“L-boy is so cool!” I punched his arm playfully. “But L-bomb is awesome!”

“L-boy has the killer looks!” He said in a ‘no-way’ tone “She is just a filler so he can brag about himself”

“No way! He is her sidekick; she tells him what to do and when to do it! Plus she looks hot in the spandex suit, way better than him!” Though we weren’t looking at each other, in fact we were staring into the horizon; we could tell when someone was trying not to smile.

“Nah-uh!” He chanted like a little kid and from what I’ve seen his lips twitched upwards.

“Ye-uh!”

“Nah-uh!”

“See I made you smile!” I leaned against his shoulder “I missed you at art! We are the dynamic duo and have to be together!”

“I just needed time to think…” He sighed. “I just feel like you always stand up for me and I’m supposed to be the on protecting you, I’m the brother not you.”

“But…”

“Don’t interrupt me.” He looked at me then his gaze went back to its staring mode. “I’m just sick of everything. I’ve never wanted to come here in the first place. They are so… snobbish it makes my blood boil.”

“I know but we have 9 months to go, once we finish we won’t see them in our lives again. Except for Saxon, Jenny, Andy, Steph is you are still together, Chris if we are still together, I don’t know, our friends.”

“I suppose so…” He sighed again but smiled, I guess my ‘talk’ made some kind of effect. “What did I miss?”

“Ow… you are with Gwen.” I starched the back of my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! I posted CHATER ONE, thanks for waiting