Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Jessalyn: Cocoanut-girl think what now?!

I rode all the way to the tree house, even though I knew Bryan would know where to find us. It stuck out like a sore-thumb, and he saw it before, and I could tell he wasn’t an idiot.

“Hurry, Adelaide. I can sense them coming.”

Which was weird. I could feel and hear the echo of their footsteps against the soil. And I could tell Bryan knew I did, by the way one seemed to just be focusing on how he was walking. I focus on their location, noticing how they weren’t too far from here. I’ve got to distract them, keep them from getting here … I think, jumping up to my feet on the floating rock. I see Bryan and the other boy with the fire, whatever the heck his name was.

“Hey, losers!”, I yell at the top of my lungs, smirking. I throw rocks at the two, to gain their attention. “Na na na, bet you can’t catch me!!”, I say childishly, smirking. I could tell Mr. Fire wasn’t too happy about my teasing, but like I cared. “Uh huh, yeah yeah, you’re a bunch of losers!”

And my rock was set on fire. I glare at the boy who apparently controls fire, forcing another giant rock to float up, as the current one I was on burst into complete flames. I hop on it quickly, smirking. I throw rocks at him, watching more rocks being thrown at me.

“I’m bored!!”, I whine, smirking. “Catch me if you can, losers!”

And I was off. Oh, Adelaide, you better be smart and start frickin’ hiding, I think fiercely, watching behind myself as Bryan chases after me. I noticed fire boy focusing on me, and I knew I was in big trouble. I start speeding up, focusing on keeping my balance as I stood on my rock.

“Okay, if this is in the pacific ocean … then I should be headed north-east.”, I mutter, thinking out loud. I start looking around for the sun, noticing how it was just beginning to set. Time flies when you’re being hunted, I think sarcastically.

“Stop!!!!”, Bryan yells behind me. I glare behind myself, going faster. Adelaide, Sunny, and Terra, I think, chewing on my lower lip. Water and wind? I think, already heading toward the ocean.

“Sunny!! Terra!!!”, I yell, looking around. “Guys!! C’mon!!”

They aren’t here … I think, glaring around myself. I continue searching around the island for them, sometimes searching certain parts more than once, and usually running from Mr. Jackass himself, Bryan Forrest Earth.

♣ ♣ ♣

I had made myself a hole, deep within the soil, just sitting there. The sun had gone down a long time ago, and that was when I had stopped looking around the island. They’re gone … they’re all gone, I think, silent tears pouring out of my eyes.

I had pulled my knees up to my chest, hearing my stomach growling angrily from the lack of food, as it twisted and knotted uncomfortably. Apparently, being on a tropical island doesn’t mean that there’s cocoanuts. Aw, how I’d like a cocoanut right now. That oddly sounds delicious, I think, smiling. I shake my head, trying to ignore my stomach.

I lie down on the warm soil, not caring that I’m getting my PJs even messier. It just didn’t matter without Adelaide, Sunny, and Terra. Nothing did.

♣ ♣ ♣

I woke up, realizing I had somehow reached the main grounds as the sun burned brightly in my face. Or maybe that was what heaven looked like, I think tiredly, yawning. I sit up, stretching, until finally standing up. I rub my eyes tiredly, walking around blindly.

I notice a cocoanut tree, and lick my lips as my stomach growls hungrily. I climb up the tree, grabbing as many cocoanuts as I could. I dig a hole in the ground, stuffing the cocoanuts there. I know that seems so … bear-ish, but I can’t survive on nothing but cocoanut juice. I start walking around, picking up berries and other herbs I could find. I go walking back to my cocoanut hole, soon falling into the ground with everything.

Okay, now how do you frickin’ open a cocoanut? I think, studying them. Oh, yeah. You use Bryan’s big, fat, jackass head, I think sarcastically, rolling my eyes. And I wonder what his lips taste like … I think dreamily, absentmindedly trying to open the cocoanuts. Whoa, hold on now! Cocoanut-girl think what now?! I think, shaking my head angrily. Yeah, that’s it! No more Hannah Montana for me, missy! I think, finally opening my cocoanut. And I began cooking me up some breakfast.

♣ ♣ ♣

Breakfast was delicious. It wasn’t completely filling, but it was good enough to satisfy my stomach. I still had a few extras. I decided to go to the tree house, to get some clothes. I can only survive on one pair of PJs for a week at a time. And trust me, these have hit the week mark. I would’ve loved the idea of taking a shower, but the chances of me running into Bryan or one of his psycho brothers were just too high.

I finally make it to the tree house, climbing up, and packing all of my clothes, not to mention my sleeping-bag, tooth brush, comb, and other necessities, into a simple black backpack that I had luckily kept up here. I sling the straps over my shoulders, quickly, and as quietly as possible, jumping down from the tree house. I walk toward the ocean, feeling thirsty. I cup my hands, pulling the salty ocean water to my lips. Okay, so it may not be the “healthiest” choice, but when you’re being hunted by a group of psycho brothers, who apparently can control the frickin’ elements, you don’t really give crap. And it didn’t taste half bad.

I stand up, deciding to just explore the island. I didn’t give crap anymore. For all I know, Adelaide, Sunny, and Terra were dead. Nothing really mattered anymore. I walk through the jungles, in my white fluffy-bunny slippers, some plain black pajama pants that were extremely comfy, and a grey tank-top. Thank Athena that it wasn’t white, I think sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I pull the extremely messy and loose ponytail out, leaving the little green band around my wrist. I start humming quietly, oddly thinking of those seven dwarfs from Snow White. I fought the urge to start whistling their happy tune, and instead settle on humming it.

“Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work we go,” I sing quietly, smiling around myself. The jungles vines were long and tangled, but their dark green leaves glittered in the dawn light. The tall trees, reaching the tips of mountain tops from down below. Their dark green leaves, such a splendid shade in the morning, that went so well with the rough, dark brown bark of the trees. Their roots, making me nearly fall and stumble, sticking out from the ground. The muddy soil beneath my feet, staining my fluffy-bunny slippers that I loved so much.

I finally come toward the sandy, with a few, decent-sized rocks scattered randomly, shores of the ocean. I shrug, sitting down to take off my slippers. The freshly wet sand felt good between my toes, making me smile as I sigh. I soaked my slippers, rinsing them off as best as I could. I continue humming my happy melody, even though I felt truly depressed deep down inside. The warm ocean water was refreshing, and not seeing any of the psycho-brother’s made this morning all the more grand. I quickly finish washing off my slippers, not quite getting off all the dirt, mud, and dust from the rocks and sands, but most of it. I slip them back on, giggling as I feel the water surrounding my feet. I continue trotting along, around the island, humming my happy dwarf melody.

The island, so huge, it was a wonder as to how the brothers seemed to find us so quickly. And what were the odds that they seemed to have found the one whose element was the same as their own? I think, rolling my eyes as I jumped over a moldy, decaying, fallen log. I couldn’t quite tell if their were any bugs inside of it, but I didn’t want to just stand there studying a log like an idiot. Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen any sign of life on this island. Other than those psycho-brothers, I think suspiciously. But that’s not possible. An island can’t be so isolated as to have no kinds of animal life. There has to be something out here, I think, looking around. Oh, please, don’t let me run into a tiger or bear or worse! Those psycho brothers! I think worriedly, already starting to go toward the center of the island, where I’ll hopefully run into a nice little bunny, or maybe a squirrel or deer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah … slow part … critism?

♣ ♣ ♣

I edited it because of the spelling errors. And because I wasn't quite happy where it ended.