Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Adelaide: More Fire Rings and Speed Packing

CRAP! I never thought it mattered, but now I knew why Jess always called me a shit packer.

I was quite possibly the most unorganized person on the entire planet. My things were strewn everywhere. The black sleeping back was unrolled and full of popcorn that had spilled from the bowl we were eating from last night. My tote bag, empty except for mouthwash, was balled up in a corner next to my slip on sneakers. Yesterdays clothes - a pair of jeans and a purple "The All-American Rejects" shirt were rolled into a ball next to my sunglasses, which had fallen from the windowsill. They were yellow "Colorize" RayBans, in case you wanted to know.

The clothes I packed for today (and two emergency outfits in case I stayed longer than overnight - it was something the four of us did a lot.) were strewn all over the tree house - a black miniskirt here, and a purple bra there. I hurriedly picked up a baggy grey tee when i heard a loud "SWOOSH".

Shit shit shit shit shit.

She left without me! What is that?! I then looked around the tree house and saw why - it was sunset, and I spent a LONG time packing all of my stuff. I finally grabbed my packed tote, threw on a baggy black hoodie - flicking the hood up over my head- and got my iPod before I flew out of the house. It was nighttime, so I was good for cover once I got away from the pale backdrop of the beach-y sand.

I was making a plan - run like a bat outta hell across the shoreline into the dark jungle where I would search for a place to stay for the night - when my hands both set aflame. Not a small spark, mind you, but a true blaze. Fire engulfed my hand from my wrist (where a thick brown tribal bangle was burning) to the tops of my painted - white finger tips. My hands were shaking, but not in pain, and I knew Derek was close. Fire always started when we were close, I seemed to notice.

"Where are you going, Adelaide? To find your friends?" He smiled an evil smirk at me as a fire circle surrounded us, locking us out from the outside world.

"What are you doing? I can't die from fire - and neither can you. You can't even trap me well."

"I'm not going to kill you - I just want a few words. Ya' know, I've never met another fire wielder before. Plus, I have to take you back to my place. The bros and I want to get to... know you better, that's all."

"MY ASS!" I threw the fire the had been simmering on my hands at him - but it went right through, and he didn't even flinch.

"It's quite a nice ass. And really? Did you even think that move through? I'll do it for you. Now, we are both equal. So, how on GOD'S GREEN EARTH would using my own element to hurt me work? Enlighten me."

I ignored him. I was so pissed off at him at this point, I thought I was going mental. "You ARROGANT ASS! I didn't do ANYTHING to you! Why are you hunting me like some deer in your forest? I don't want to be here just as much as you don't want me to be here." I walked towards the fire circle wall, and made my way through. Once outside, I felt Derek grab my other arm go around my waist, and it felt... wrong.

"Oh, love, I want you to be here. In fact, I think you and I could work something nice out here... the two of us. All the others can go to hell."

What? What the fuck is he talking about.

"You are..." I was going to tell him how he was a PIG and a DEMERIT on the report card of mankind, but I couldn't, because he tricked me into turning around. And faster than I thought humanly possible, a brown bag was placed over my head, and I felt myself being carried bridal style and rocketed at the speed of light by another fire mushroom cloud.

HE TRICKED ME! Using typical guy pervishness against me. He's three thousand times the asshole I ever thought he was.

But, man, I was in trouble now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm insanely late with this chapter, I know, but I'm back and ready to catch up XD