Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Adelaide: Hand Prints and Amnesia

I was breathing, so I guess that means I'm alive.

But, maybe it would be easier if I wasn't. My whole body felt like it was on fire - before I was immune to it. My head felt as if any minute it would split in half. My ribs felt like they all fell out, an every time I took a breath a sharp pain shot through my spine.

But the weirdest thing was on my back. I felt as if someone stuck me on an electric magnet, or something.

I'm not sure if that's normal for a really REALLY big fall.

But I turned around and lifted my shirt up to examine. and I gasped. There was a hand print burned into my hip, right where Derek was holding on. It should've been healed by now - it was a fire wound. I'm impervious. But this would have to wait. Everyone was screaming their lungs off, and it sounded a thousand times louder than it should. So now my splitting headache had a splitting headache.

“ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME, JESSALYN?!!!!!”

“Huh? Wha— no.”

“Ugh, you’re hopeless!!”

“And you’re an ass.”

“Well you’re annoying!”

“God! SHUT UP!!!!”, I yell, and glare at them.

“Yeah! Can’t we have a moment of silence while we’re dead?!!!!” Derek opens his big mouth, WHILE STILL NEXT TO ME. But before I get the chance to rip him to shreds, Jess beats me to the chase.

“Oh, I’ll kill you alright!!!”, Jessalyn yells and runs to choke him, which, I admit, I laughed at.

“AREN’T YOU GONNA TRY AND STOP HER?!!!”, Bryan yells.

“Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah. This is funny!”, I laugh at the antics briefly, ignoring both the pain and the situation

“YOU’RE SO GONNA DIE FOR TRYING TO KILL ADELAIDE, YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!!!”

“YEAH, GO JESSALYN!!!!!!”, I stand up and throw my fist in the, cheering. But then my hip gets a shot of pain, and I sit back down.

“GET OFF OF ME!!!!!!!!!!”, Derek growls, throwing me into a tree.

"DO YOU WANT ME TO KILL YOU? BECAUSE YOU CAN MESS WITH ME, AND I'LL FUCKING BEAT YOU, BUT IF YOU HURT MY FRIENDS, THEN YOU ARE JUST ASKING TO HAVE YOUR DICK FED TO ALLIGATORS!" I was so pissed at Derek's completely moronic behavior, I was going to KILL him, but I was being held back.

“Jessalyn! Are you okay?”, Bryan yells.

“That depends. Are you gonna kiss me again if I say I’m not?”, Jess asks, eyeing him suspiciously.

I do not even vaugly WANT TO KNOW.

“Noooooo.”

“Then I’m perfectly fine … just going to go take a little nap …”, Jess says, adding a yawn.

Then Air-Genius comes in, yelling about how we all love each other and the island is turning into some bad MTV reality show. My words, not his. Again, I was going to give him a piece of my mind, but Jess goes crazy. Good girl.

“You jackass!!!”, Jess growls and practically tackles him. But the huge tool jumps to his feet and weilds his air power to push Jess into a tree. What is this, twice in fifteen minutes? She mumbles something I can;t hear, and then screams. “I’m gonna murder your sorry ass!!! You damned air-bender!!!”,And she gets this epic running start, before Aaron grabs her waist.

And Derek, the worlds biggest asshole, opens his bleeding mouth (well, lip) and says, "Damn, you've got some issues."

I glare at him and wait for Jess to intervene in her uber-pissed off state.

“Hell yeah!!! And one of them is your all’s sorry asses!!!! And Bryan!!! Let me frickin’ go!!!!!”

“What’s the magic word?”, Bryan says in a sing-song voice, right before Jess bites his hands. We all know how she gets when she's mad. “OUCH!!!!!! SHE FRICKIN’ BIT ME!!!!!”

“YOU WERE FRICKIN’ ASKIN’ FOR IT, JACKASS!!!!!!”, She's struggling, but she manages to open her mouth. “LET ME GO!!!!! I’M GONNA MURDER YOU JACKASSES!!!!!!!”

“Damn you’re a messed-up chick.”, Aaron says

"Do you really think I could fall for some guy who BURNT HIS HAND PRINT IN MY HIP? MORON!"

And then, out of nowhere, Tara decides to join the party.

But after a few words - all of us girls realize that she can't remember who we are, and the boys are pitting her against us.

"Oh NO YOU DON'T!" All three of us (Jess, Sunny, and I), jump up and scream at the same time.

"Tee, you can't forget us. We're your BEST FRIENDS! And we have been forever. The tree house? we know you better than them. What does Adam know about you that we don't? Nothing!" Sunny stepped forward, and Jess followed suit.

"The summer nights in the tree house? Making popcorn, talking about boys? Studying for finals, without really studying?"

I decide to step in with some more memories. "Going to the zoo, showing up on each others porches on random nights, stealing booze from the guys who hung out in the park at three in the morning..."

But it didn't work. She was blank. I sighed. "It's no use, we're going to confuse her. She doesn't remember anything. She's got freaking amnesia." I picked up a rock, tossed it from hand to hand, and then threw it like a baseball at Adam's head. " WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR FRIEND, BASTARD?"

The guys all smirked. Well everyone but Derek, because he was examining something on his mid-back.

And I knew instantly what he was looking at.

"Uh, guys. We have a problem." Derek called his brothers over. "i think, somehow, I got...burned?" And he revealed a hand print, slightly smaller than the one I had, on his back.

"'How is that possible"? "Fire doesn't do anything to you." Bryan added, somewhat obviously.

"I have one too. What the hell does this mean? GOD THIS ISLAND IS SO CONFUSING!"

And boy, was that an understatement.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry guys, i had to edit this one.
oh and my chapters r gonna be with a few less capitals - the main shift button broke on my keyboard, and some keys are sticking.
but dont worry i have the other shift button.
(i didnt put capitals in the note because who cares, it's a note)
so, don't judge me if some letters aren't capitalized