Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Adelaide/Derek: WTF?

What is going on?

Suddenly, like the GENUIS I see that he is, the Earth-dude (Brian, Bryan, whatever) starts falling from the sky. Although, I'm really not going to lie, I wasn't paying attention. I was to involved with my hand print to really notice much. Every time I glanced at the thing, it seemed deeper and redder** than it had the last time.

Something funky was going on with this thing, not to mention the whole island.

Which is why I realized, as Bryan crashed into the ground in a hole beside Derek's and mine, that we needed to keep these boys alive. Without them, we sure as hell weren't getting off this island and we would never even know what the past few days were. I needed intel, and the only way we had that was to get inside these boys heads.

Which is why we needed Bryan alive. So, being the budding spy I was, I brought my mind back down to Earth and listened in on the conversation going on.

“No. I didn’t. He’s still breathing, moron.”, Jess says, rolling her eyes.

“He is?”, I'm interested now - if he's alive, we can definitely gather more information. I picked up a two-foot long evergreen branch and poked the unconscious dude's ribcage.

“Yeah.”

And then, of course, Derek goes crazy. Which I understand completely. I mean, I hate the guy with the firey passion of...well...me, I guess, but look at Jessalyn's reaction. She went crazy when she thought I'd been killed. And we're as close as sisters, but we're not related. Imagine the bond between those two.

And I thought Derek was heartless.

So, I once again drifted out of my little thought bubble, just in time to catch some rocks that Jess was planning on throwing. She was going crazy, rubbing her face.

"OH MY GOD YOU TWO, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

They both gave me crazy looks.

"NOW! WHAT WILL KILLING EACH OTHER DO? Jess, Sunny, Terra...if you remember who you are... we don't know where we are, we don;t know how to deal with our powers like pros, and we seriously have no means of doing anything to get home. And even if we did, we don't know what our powers will do once we get back to England. And I hate Derek, but you almost killed his brother. I can see why he'd be pissed."

"Thank you! Jesus Christ..." Derek put his hands in the air, as if happy someone finally thought of his side in all this.

"Do NOT think I'm done with you, Mr. ASSHOLE WHO ALMOST KILLED ME!" I grabbed him by his jacket, which sounds a lot more intimidating than it was, considering he's a good half foot taller than me. He kinda just smirked at me. "What will killing us do? I bet you guys aren't even one hundred percent in control of your elements. Whenever I touch you, fire breaks out!" I gestured at the hibiscus bush sitting next to us, going up in flames taller than me. "You don't know why that is, do you? No. You don't. You've probably never even met others who can control your powers. So, you need us too. Plus, no one knows why you want to kill us. I bet YOU don't even know why you want to kill us."

I pushed his collar away, and walked back towards Jess, putting my hands to her face to stop the burning. Luckily, all she had was a really, really good tan. "All I'm saying, and believe me, I don't want to be the one to say it, is that maybe, just maybe, we all need each other to find out more info."

And just then, a huge boulder was aimed at my face, and I swore the newly reviving Bryan, or maybe just a really pissed off Jess, was trying to kill me. But it landed a few feet in front of me. Then, a tiny bit of water fell from the sky, covering the rock in a wet layer. A tiny gust of wind came in, lifting the soaking rock mid-air.

I smiled, and covered the floating rock in a layer of fire, and watched the whole thing burn to ashes. It was kind of a peace offering between all our different elements.

Of course, I don't know who did what, seeing as two people controlled each element, but I didn't really care.

"Of course, we all still hate you. Or, at least, I do. But I refuse to stay here until I die, so we're gonna have to work together."

"That has GOT to be the cheesiest thing I've ever heard, like IN MY LIFE. It was extremely stupid." Derek came over to me, hands in pockets. " But, I suppose you're right. And you're still a pain in the ass, just FYI." And just as he put his hand over my burn, the whole forest went dark, at least in my eyes, and I crumbled to the floor. I felt blood rush to my head, and my skin became fevered. I thought I was going to have a seizure, but my skin felt... electrocuted, almost. My senses left me, and I couldn't breathe, and before long, I passed out, leaving everyone to figure out what had happened.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

What...the...hell?

Now, I'm no expert, but I'm sure that wasn't supposed to happen. At all.

But it did, and I have no idea what to do.

Someone, one of the girls, yelled out, "WHAT THE HELL? THIS IS YOUR FAULT? LETS PRESS YOUR SCAR AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!"

And I was shocked into not moving, so all of a sudden I had... someone... on me. Pressing and touching my burn like it was the fucking Staples easy button.

And nothing happened.

And Bryan, out of nowhere, provides interesting insight. "Maybe it only works when you touch each other."

Tell, me, God, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so this is kind of a huge chapter.
OTHER AUTHORS: if this isn't how you guys wanted to go, I can completely change it. For the first time in a while I had no plans today, so I just stayed home, writing. But if you don't like the direction I went in, you can totally tell me and I'll edit/delete it.

OH AND The two asterisks (**) on the word "redder" earlier in the chapter is because its a palindrome, and I love palindromes! (Ya' know, words spelt the same backwards as forwards?)

Anyway, tell me if you like it, tell me if you don't.

Feedback appreciated!

~Erin