Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Why us?

"Okay...Can someone please explain to me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!" I roared, completely pissed off.

Aaron glanced at me, both eyebrows raised.

"Don't look at me like that, Aaron! We're just sitting here like nothing's happening! What's wrong with Terra? Why doesn't she remember us? And...and-"

Aaron's eyes saddened, and warm moisture trickled down my cheeks.

"It's okay, Sunny," Aaron said softly. "It's all going to be okay."

"How do you know?"

He shrugged remorsefully.

Aaron shifted uncomfortably. I turned to see everyone staring at me.

"Damn, you're messed up," the fire guy muttered. "Aaron, she might me crazy." He did the crazy signal around his ear.

I rolled my eyes.

"It'd be a lot easier if a bunch of crazy bastards weren't all pissing me off all the time!" I shouted.

"Dude, I think she's losing it," Bryan muttered.

I furrowed my eyebrows; I couldn't take it anymore.

I stood up and walked out of the clearing. My head was pounding, I was dizzy, I wanted nothing more than just to be able to get away from everything. I wanted everything to be nothing. I wanted clarity on everything. I wanted to understand, to see why things had to be the way they were.

The ground swayed beneath my feet and I fell to the ground, landing harshly on my left wrist.

Dammit, the strongest water stream comes from that wrist.

I cry out in pain, glad for once to see that something here is real. I felt like there was a fine line between reality and imagination, but I think I've crossed it.

"Sunny! Sunny, where are you?"

Aaron. Why is he looking for me?

My head swirled sickeningly.

He should just forget me, I just screw everything up. Forgive me, Terra, Jessalyn, Adelaide. Think fondly of me.

I wished I could drown, it would have made everything so easy.

Right before I blacked out, this is all I heard:

"Sunny," Aaron, sounding relieved. I felt him lift me into his strong arms. For once I felt at peace. "Sunny, I'll always protect you, because you're mine now."

Then nothing.

**Aaron**

I love this girl. It's obvious. I don't mind admitting it, either. It's true.

She's my world. She was trying to slip away, to become something that's wasn't her. I wouldn't let her.

I brushed her curly and damp blonde hair out of her face. I could almost see her piercing blue eyes that seemed to see right through me. It scared me that she wasn't herself, I didn't know what was wrong.

I trudged slowly back into the clearing.

"Look what you guys have done," I mumbled. "Just because of your unhappiness, you've almost costed a life."

"Sunny!" Jessalyn gasped, and ran over to her side. "Sunny, wake up! Please wake up!"

Tears ran in currents down her cheeks.

"SUNNY!"

Adelaide ran to her side. Terra sat by Adam, thinking hard, as if to think, "Who is Sunny? Why are they crying?"

Why was I the only one that was unemotional? I loved her, after all. She meant the most to me. I heard broken-hearted sobs. I took me a minute to realize that they were mine.

I was sobbing so hard that I couldn't hear anything else. I couldn't see anything else.

What was wrong with me? Why am I feeling this way? What's happened to me? What's wrong with Sunny? Why is life so unfair?

I held Sunny tighter, sobbing into her curly hair. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Adam looked down at me apologetically. My heart clenched.

"This isn't right," I said quietly. "We're not all supposed to be fighting like this."

He nodded down at me silently.

"What are we going to do? WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!" I shouted at the sky.

Why me? Why Sunny?

Why us?
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in awhile...does this make up for it?

Haha. Probably not.

But I still love you for reading this anyway :) I know it's not that good.

tori