Status: Group Project; Active

Island

Jessalyn: “Everyone’s eyes always speak the truth.”

I could feel the boulder all around me, crumbling as it hit me, throwing me backward against the tree, whose bark was digging into my back. I scream at the top of the lungs, as I feel my blood trickling down my back, soaking into my clothes. Another giant boulder came straight at me, and I let out another screeching scream. I quickly duck, squeezing my eyes shut as I roll under the boulder, and as it hits the tree. The tree’s roots came straight out of the ground from impact, dirt and pebbles from the crumbled rock were thrown and scattered everywhere. I stare wide-eyed at the boy, with the midnight black hair and green-blue eyes. Bryan Forrest Earth.

I look up, watching as the trees surrounding us slowly set fire. I jump to my feet, immediately running, trying to find somewhere that wasn’t on fire. The tall trees, with their thick trunks and leaves, were flaming all around me, surrounding me and him. So this is how I die … I think, feeling tears sting my eyes. Bryan glares at the red and orange flames, grabbing my forearm, just as some of the rocky ground beneath us begins floating up. It floats toward the volcano, and straight inside of the burning heat of the fiery lava. Oh my Gaia! He’s going to throw me in the volcano! I think, tears streaming down my face. But he didn’t make any motion to throw me in, he just glared in the center of the lava, just as a hole appears and the platform of dusty rock floats through it. He drags me behind him, as I stumble to wipe at my eyes.

“He’s not here! Setting the whole island on fire!”, Bryan growls, glaring around him. He snaps his head toward me, as I try desperately to wipe at my eyes. “Where are the others?!”, he growls in my face.

“W-what others?”, I stutter, frightened.

“The others! The fire, water, and wind!”, he growls in my face.

“I-I don’t know w-what you’re t-talking about.”

“You’re just as useless as they think.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me!”, he yells, as we float up on the dusty rock platform again. I stare down with wide-eyes, scared that he would throw me off once again. He stays up in the air, glaring down below as the wild flames slowly fade away. I felt tears running down my face, streaking it wet as they try to blind me, and I was desperately trying to wipe them away.

“Now where are they?”, he growls quietly, mainly to himself. He looks at the tree house, the giant wooden structure covered with vines. “What’s that?”, he growls in my face.

“I-I don’t know,” I lie, frightened for if Adelaide, Terra, and Sunny were still sleeping in there. I’d risk my life over theirs any day. I may be a coward, but I stay true to what matters most, I think firmly, feeling my tears drying.

“You’re lying,” he growls, glowering at me.

“How would you know? You don’t know me.”

“Because you stopped crying.”

“So? Who’s to say that my tears weren’t a lie.”, I say stubbornly.

“You’re not winning.”

“Really? Who’s to say I haven’t already won?”, I say, raising an eyebrow. He’s getting distracted, he’s confused, I think, smirking.

“You’re not making any sense!”, he growls, gripping my arm so hard that it was painful. It felt like if he applied anymore pressure, that my arm would break.

“Let go!!”, I yell angrily.

“Not until you stop lying!”, he growls, applying more pressure.

“I’m not frickin’ lying!”

“Then what are you doing?!”

“Protecting,” I growl, feeling the rocky platform break into two. He keeps a firm grip on my arm, dangling me over the edge.

“Are you gonna stop lying, now?”, he growls, glowering down at me.

“I’m not lying!”, I yell fiercely.

“Tell the truth or I’ll drop you!”, he snarls in my face.

“You’re lying,” I whisper, staring deeply into his dark blue-green eyes.

“How would you know?!”

“Your eyes.”

“So?!”

“Everyone’s eyes always speak the truth,” I murmur, looking down at the ground. I estimated my fall, deciding to just go for it. “Bye, bye!”, I yell chirpily, yanking my arm free and falling straight down. Straight toward the thick branches of the giant trees, that would most likely beat me to death, sending my body into shock, breaking every bone in my body. And if I somehow manage to miss all of them, then the ground will kill me like as if I were a simple fly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, BUT I COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! Comments, critizism?