Darkness Falls

Travel To Waldorf, Maryland

At nine AM, the doctor came into 'Leah's' room. "Hello, Leah."

Lyra said hi distractedly. She was in the middle of reading Benji's blog on the Official Site. He mentioned that they chose a winner, but didn't state who...

"I'm here to give you a check up. Can I see the left wrist?" He asked. Lyra shoved it at him.

"It's healed nicely. The other...?"

Lyra shoved her other arm, the right, toward him. "Also good. We also need to check your blood levels..."

Lyra shut the laptop an allowed him to check her pulse. "Very good. Now a blood sample..."

The nurse came in, drew a vial of blood, and left to give it to testing.

"The results will come back in about an hour. Do you have any questions?"

"When I leave, can I be left with my sister? She's a pretty strict RN." Lyra asked, referring to herself. "Her name's Lyra Carter."

"I can check it out, but I don't see why not." He said, smiling. "See you in a bit." He left to Lyra's waving.

YourAardvark7: Nearly there. Results come back in an hour.
93percentpunk: thanx again. i'll come around then.


Xx : Darkness Falls: A Joel Madden Story : xX

Leah walked into what was supposed to be her hospital room. "Sis, what's up besides the ceiling?"

"Stop the lame jokes. The councelor came in again. Had to threaten some harassment charges and other random things." Lyra said, signing of AIM. "Nothing much besides that."

"Still waiting for Doctor Whoever-The-Hell-He-Is?" Leah asked, stealing the laptop to play solitare. Just then said Doctor Whoever-The-Hell-He-Is walked in. "Ah, speak of the devil."

He glanced toward Leah. "I assume you are Miss Carter's sister? I'll be needing to talk to you later."

Leah nodded. "Right."

"Now, Leah, your blood levels are back to normal. With counceling, you are permitted to leave with your sister here. Miss Carter?"

"Please, Lyra." Leah said while walking outside.

"All right, Lyra. Leah asked to be released into your care. I checked out your records and approved it. However, you are responsible for her visiting her psychiatrist."

"Doctor...I'm sorry, I don't know your name..."

"Ian Richards."

"Dr. Richards, Leah is going on an unavoidable trip to Maryland. She won't be able to visit a local psychiatrist..." Leah scuffed the ground with her shoe, playing off the act. "I've been to psychology courses in my training as a nurse. Could I temporarily do her sessions if I video tape them?"

Doctor Richards eyed her. "Ordinarily I'd say no, however..." He touched Leah's arm. "...you are an extraordinary woman. I have no doubts you can handle it."

Leah took her right hand and backslapped him, her grandmother's diamond ring digging into his cheek and drawing blood. "We're going to visit our boyfriends." Leah began walking back into the room. "And hit on people on your own time, doc."

"Backhand with the ring, right?" Lyra asked while getting unhooked by the nurse.

"Yeah. Almost ready? I want to get out of here..."

"I have to change and we have to sign release forms. Excuse me, can my sister dress me?" Lyra asked.

"Sure." The nurse responded. She dragged the IV into the hallway with her.

Leah and Lyra switched places again to sign legal signatures. They spotted Dr. Richards with a bandage on his cheek from where Leah backhanded him.

"Man, you got him good..." Lyra commented.

"No, you did. Shit, the ring..." Leah shoved it on Lyra's finger just as he looked over at them. Leah began calling loudly. "Don't forget it in the bathroom next time."

"Oh, right." Lyra followed along. "Thanks."

They finished signing out Leah to Lyra's custody and drove off in Lyra's Impala. They made a right at the stoplight to drive to Leah's house, where Kat was waiting so they could leave for Waldorf, Maryland.

Xx : Darkness Falls: A Joel Madden Story : xX

"Flight 268 to Maryland is now boarding First Class."

Leah, in her longsleeved black shirt and not-quite-as-decorated-with-chains black pants, pulled a black Eastsport backpack onto her shoulder. "Hey guys, we're boarding."

Kat looked up from her book and took out an ear bud to her iPod. "Okay. Hey, Lyra. Wake up."

Lyra jerked awake at Kat's touch. "Boarding?" She asked groggily. The others nodded. She stretched, her bloodred longsleeve showing a bit of her midriff. The college boys sitting across the row from them began staring.

"Buzz off, peons." Leah said. They glared at her, but looked to the plane.

The other two girls weren't moving out of their seats. Finally, Leah pulled Lyra up and snatched Kat's book and iPod. "You get them back on the plane."

They stood in line and finally got seated. The other passengers filed past them, and one of the college boys dropped Lyra a slip of paper with his number on it. Frustrated, Leah threw a paper ball at his head and ducked so he wouldn't know where it had come from. Happy at the 'damage' she had done so far, she sat back and listened to the punk/alternative radio station and thought of ways to cause more havoc on this flight. Kat watched Tim Burton's 'Corpse Bride', and Lyra watched 'Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.'

Two hours later, they landed in Maryland. After leaving the luggage claim they went to the meeting area to find their driver.

"I think he's over there." Kat pointed out a man from their perch atop an escalator.

"No shit, he's holding a gigantic banner with my name and 'From Benji XOXO you can't clone me, y'all' written on it." Leah said in a monotonous voice as they headed over to him.

"Miss Carter? I am Wilbur, your caffeur from Mr. Madden. If you could please follow me..."

They followed him to the parking lot and piled into his gigantic black SUV. Then they set off to meet the few, the proud, (the hopeless,) Good Charlotte.