Status: Active

Two Kids, One Love

Two

Kennedy’s hand rest on the small of my back as we walked into Pat’s garage for their practice, I felt uneasy, my stomach flopped over and the eyes glanced over to us, Kennedy led me over to the couch. He pressed his lips to my forehead, as he was about to turn I put my hands on his shoulder, hoisting myself up to press my lips to his.
“Whoa, what just happened?” Pat looked up from where he sat up at his drums. John’s jaw fell open, Jared looked up wide-eyed and Garrett rolled his eyes looking away.
“They’re dating, obviously. Or they’re just really friendly,” Jared smirked from his spot at the drums. Kennedy grabbed his instrument and took his place. I listened while texting a cute message to Kennedy’s phone for him to see when he finished playing. They ran through five songs before calling it a night.
“So, who’s house are we having the party at?” John asked breathlessly, his eyes turned to me and I glanced over to Kennedy who was now reading the message. “Taylor?”
“Not my house, I’m not cleaning up another party mess. Besides, I have somewhere to be,” I stated dryly. John mumbled something under his breath, I could make out as ‘bitch’.
“Don’t ever fucking call her a bitch,” Garrett growled pointing a finger at John, who now looked like a scared puppy.
**
“So where do you want to go?” Kennedy whispered into my ear as he hugged me. Your bedroom.
“I just want to be around you, that’s all.” Kennedy looked over to me and grinned goofily, I smiled back holding my hands up to form a heart.
“Can we go to my house? I’m not really feeling like going out tonight.”
I nodded in agreement as he took me to his car and we began to drive down the road to his house. “Kennedy, why do you like me? I’m far from what the girls you like are. I wear band shirts and ripped jeans all the time, I rarely dress up, I’m not skinny, nothing like them.”
“That’s exactly why. I know you Taylor, you’re not like them. You’re beautiful. Just the way you are. I couldn’t break you in half with just one hug,” He stated turning on the turn signal and making his way onto his street. Kennedy pulled into his driveway; we left the car and walked up to his door. As we walked in his mother greeted us with a smile and a mixing bowl.
“Taylor! You haven’t been here in forever!” his mother handed the bowl to him and wrapped me into a hug.
“She’ll be here a lot more now,” I heard Kennedy say and I hugged his mother back. “We’re kind of dating now.”
“Oh my! That’s great! I always wanted you two to be together,” she cooed letting me go and looking at the two of us. His mother was such a nice lady. She had somewhat graying brown hair and a few wrinkles, yet she still looked rather young. “You two go on ahead, if you need anything I put some stuff in your sock drawer.”
My face turned a bright red as I giggled, Kennedy nearly flipped his lid as he pulled me up the stairs and down the hall. “So would you be mad if I looked to see what was in there?” I asked as I walked to the drawer, I pulled it open and moved the socks around. “Hey these are mine! Your large manly man feet can’t fit into these!”
“I bet they could,” he mumbled walking over to where I stood, “my mother is embarrassing.” There lay a box of Trojan condoms, I looked up and saw his face turn a deep red. “Alright enough of that drawer.”
“Holy shit they’re flavored!” I screeched after I read the box. I turned around and looked up to Kennedy. He stared back at me as if I were crazy, he chuckled and hugged me, keeping me close to him.
“So, graduation is coming up,” he muttered before kissing my forehead. “Colleges?”
“Nope, maybe I’ll find some bands to work with, just nothing really, tons want me but I don’t want them.”
“I don’t have any plans either.”
**
Graduation came, diplomas in hand, they counted down. Kennedy grabbed me and pressed his lips to mine as we threw our caps into the air. I felt complete with Kennedy. This kiss lasted longer than the others. He leaned me back still holding a tight grip, I ran my fingers through his hair. The moment seemed to stick to time. People rushed around us as we stood there in each other’s arms.
“I love you, so much, know that,” Kennedy murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh eh, next will be much better.