Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

Was It Fate?

Do you know those days where you can see the sun shining and feel the cool drops of rain hit your skin? Those days are my favorite.

Today was one of those days.

Just because of this, I was in a great mood. I was ready for anything that could happen.

Little did I know, something big was about to happen.

I had just recently moved out of my hometown in Iowa to California.

So, even though it was raining, it was pretty warm and I decided to go for a walk to get to know the neighborhood a little better. I wasn’t paying attention when I turned the corner onto another street and I collided with someone.

“Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention,” I stated while walking around them.

I hadn’t even looked up to see who the person was.

I had gone about two steps when my phone went off.

Pass me another bottle, honey
The Jaeger's so sweet
But if it keeps you around, then I'm down

Meet me on Thames Street
I'll take you out
Though I'm hardly worth your time
In the cold, you look so fierce
But I'm warming up
Because the tension's like a fire
We'll hit South Broadway in a matter of minutes
And like a bad movie, I'll drop a line
Fall in the grave I've been digging myself
But there's room for two
Six feet under the stars


My ringtone played “Six Feet Under the Stars” by All Time Low and I listened and sang along before I looked at the text I had gotten.

Before I could respond, the person I had bumped into just a minute before tapped me on the shoulder.

“Yes,” I asked as I turned to face them.

“You know you are a strange person. You bump into the lead singer of a famous band and don’t say anything. I was thinking you might not listen to us and then your phone goes off and you start singing one of my songs. Is there a reason you didn’t go all ‘fan girl’ on me earlier?” Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low asked me.

“Yes, there is actually. A,” I said turning my fist over and stretching out my pointer finger to have my other pointer finger touch it, “I would assume you don’t like when people go ‘fan girl’ on you. It would be rather annoying to me. B,” at this I touched my pointer finger to my middle finger, “I didn’t look up to see who I ran into, so I had no idea who you were. But if you would prefer it, I can start going ‘fan girl’ on you and catch the attention of all my new neighbors, who may or may not be huge fans of you.”

“No, I would prefer you to not go all ‘fan girl’ on me. Thanks,” he responded. “You know, you’re pretty cool for being around a famous person.”

“Oh, trust me, I’m not as cool as you would assume. I’ll probably call my best friend as soon as you walk away and go all ‘fan girl’ on him, but since you won’t be around to hear it or get freaked out by it, I’ll leave a good impression on you. Or at least I hope I will.”

At this Alex started laughing at me.

“What is so funny?”

“Most people would never admit to that.”

“Admit to what? Going ‘fan girl’ on their best friend about meeting a famous person? You know, I’m actually wondering why you are still conversing with me.”

“I’m kind of wondering that myself, but as I said, I think you’re cool. Even if you plan on going ‘fan girl’ to your best friend when I leave, it’s kind of to be expected. I mean, I am Alex Gaskarth, I am pretty sexy.”

“I would like to be able to say something witty to counter your ego, but I’m afraid I agree with you. You are pretty sexy.”

For the second time in the last five minutes, Alex Gaskarth started laughing at me.

“Okay, now I did not find anything remotely funny about what I just said. Please enlighten me.”

“It’s just the way you talk, I think. There’s something about it that makes me think there’s more to you than meets the eye.”

“Thank you for quoting Transformers,” I said, smiling at him.

“You caught that, I was hoping you wouldn’t.”

“Thank you Mister Gaskarth for the vote of confidence.”

“Oh, you’re welcome. Really, though, there is something about you, something I can’t put my finger on, but I’d like to figure out what it is.”

“What are you really saying in that sentence, Alex?”

“Man, you seem to see right through me. I want to get to know you better. There’s something about you that pulls me in. I want to figure out what it is. Come with me?”

“Where would I be following you to, Alex?”

“It’s actually just down the street. Jack and I got an apartment out here for when we are tired of the cold in Maryland. You’ll get to meet the rest of the band.”

“You sound like you’re trying to bribe me. I would have come along even if meeting Jack, Zack, and Rian was out of the question,” I said.

I looked up at Alex, waiting for him to say something. When he didn’t, I continued, “Well, can we get a move on here, the sun is clouding over and the rain is starting to pick up, I don’t want to get soaked in the next five minutes standing here.”

He shook his head slightly, as if he had been spacing out. “Sorry, it’s this way,” he said pointing to the right.

I followed him in the direction I had just come from. Was I neighbors with Alex and Jack? That would be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be lovely. I want to know if I should continue this or if it completely sucks and I should just stop.