Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

Accidents

I woke up early the next morning, around six. I could feel that I wouldn’t be able to fall back to sleep, so I got up.

I knew Alex and Jack wouldn’t be up for a few more hours, so I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to go for a jog and think.

I carefully got out of bed as to not disturb Alex and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. Grabbing my running shoes out of my closet, I walked out to the living room to put them on.

I slipped out the door and started down the stairs.

I started jogging once I got out the door of the building my mind immediately jumbled with thoughts.

Was I really falling for Alex?

Did I even want to?

What would happen to us if I wasn’t able to go with them on tour or to the studio?

Why did everything have to be so confusing?


I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn’t see the car heading right for me. I may have had the right of way, but he was in a hurry. He saw me at the last minute and braked, but he still hit me with enough force for it to knock me over.

I was able to pick myself up off the ground using his vehicle for leverage.

He got out of the car, immediately spitting out apologies. I just stared at him, open mouthed, tears brimming up in my eyes, threatening to spill over.

“You couldn’t have waited two more seconds, could you?” I asked as the first tear ran down my cheek.

I took out my phone from inside my bra. It was the only place it would stay when I ran.

I called the police.

“My name is Mika Oliver and I was just hit by a car. I was jogging on west twenty-second street.”

“Where along west twenty-second street were you hit?”

“The corner at fifth avenue.”

“And you were in the right of way?”

“ Yes, that’s correct.”

“What is the license plate of the vehicle that hit you?”

“Four. Five. Nine. H. M. I.”

“Was there any damage done to the vehicle?”

“I’m looking at the vehicle right now. No, there is no damage.”

“What about you? Are you hurt?”

“My hip hurts pretty badly, but that’s it.”

“Okay. We’ll send an officer down right away.”

“Thank you officer.”

I hung up the phone and looked at the driver of the car.

He looked like he was angry with me.

“You had to call the cops?”

“You hit me! Was I supposed to just let you get away with possibly breaking my hip? That’s not right.”

I pulled out my phone again and called Alex.

“Hello?”

“Alex?” I asked, more tears starting to fall.

“What’s wrong, Mika?”

“I went for a jog to think while you were asleep and…” I had to take a breath before I could finish my sentence, “someone hit me. Could you come down here? My hip hurts really badly?”

“Where are you?”

“Down the street at the corner of fifth avenue.”

I could hear the door slam in the background. He must really be in a hurry. I just woke up him less than a minute ago.

“I’ll be there soon, Mika.”

“Thank you.”

We both hung up the phone. I stood watching the driver of the car. He was a little blurry from the tears, but I could still see the fear in his eyes. He glanced up the road and his eyes got wide.

He must have seen Alex running because less than a minute later he was right in front of me.

“Are you hurt? Mika, where does it hurt?”

“My hip. Here,” I pointed to the spot on my left hip that was throbbing with pain.

It was starting to bruise. It was probably broken.

Alex pulled me into his arms, letting me cry into his chest.

I heard the driver of the car swallow loudly. I could just see the glare on Alex’s face. He could be very intimidating.

The longer Alex stared at him, the more I was beginning to think the driver recognized him. I heard “Weightless” playing before I was able to stand up off the ground.

“Hey…” the driver started, “you’re Alex Gaskarth.”

“Yeah, I am. You’re the piece of shit that hit my girlfriend.”

The driver didn’t say anything else to Alex after that.

Just then we saw the police car pulling up followed by an ambulance.

I was asked questions similar to the ones I had already answered on the phone. When the officer seemed satisfied, he moved on to questioning the driver.

I was then approached by the paramedics.

They confirmed what I already knew to be true. My hip was indeed, broken.

I would have to ride in the ambulance to the hospital to get it mended.

“I’m not getting in that ambulance unless Alex can ride with me.”

“There should be enough room. You’re not in critical condition, so we won’t need all three of us back there with you. Your friend can come.”

“Thank you.”

I let them direct me to where I had to go.

On the stretcher.

Alex hopped up and sat next to me, grabbing my hand in his.

I noticed tears falling down his cheeks.

“What’s wrong, Alex?”

“What if I had lost you? I don’t think I could handle that. I wasn’t being completely honest last night.”

“What do you mean, Alex?”

“Mika,” he paused. “I’m already head over heels in love with you.”

I was speechless. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

“It’s been four days, Alex.”

“I know, but I feel I’ve known you for much longer.”

I sat up slightly; pulling my left hand out of Alex’s to hold myself up with my left arm. Reaching my right hand over, I caressed his cheek, drawing him closer. I gently kissed him.

“I…I love you, too, Alex.”

“What about it only having been four days?”

“I know a good thing when I see it. It probably helps that I was completely infatuated with you before we met.”

I could see him smiling at me so I smiled back.

The paramedic that was sitting in back with us glanced over and seeing me sitting up cleared her throat. “Miss, could you please lay back?”

I did as she asked.

For the rest of the ride to the hospital, we sat in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I have caught a cold. And it's like summer. That's like the worst.
It doesn't help that my immune system sucks, so I'll have it twice as long as a normal person. ]:

I had to put a little bit of drama in here.
I'm sorry I had to hurt her.
Anyway...comment :]