Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

Are You Guys Breaking Up?

While we were waiting for Zack and Rian to get back, I decided to ask Conner about our earlier conversation.

“Conner?”

“Yes, Mika?”

“Have you called mom and dad yet?”

“No. Not yet. Did you want me to call them now?”

I nodded.

Conner took his phone out of his pocket, dialing the familiar numbers as he stepped out into the hall.

Conner’s POV

“Hello?”

“Hi, Mom.”

“Oh, hi sweetie. Where have you been the last few days? Your father and I have been worried sick.”

“I just had to get out of town for a couple days. I’ll be home soon.”

“Okay. Just call and check in once in a while.”

“Do you happen to have Mika’s new address? I was thinking about visiting her sometime this summer. I have some things I need to work out with her.”

“Yeah, I got it from that Tanner boy she was always with. I practically had to strangle him to give it to me, but he finally did. Now, where did I put that sheet of paper?”

I could hear papers shuffling in the background.

“Oh, here it is. Did you need it now?”

“No, I can get it when I get home. I have to get going, though. I love you, Mom. Say hi to Dad for me.”

“I will. Love you, too sweetheart.”

Mika’s POV

Conner came back in, looking nervous.

“What did they say?”

“Mom got your address out of Tanner. She said something about strangling him for it.”

I put my head in my hands. “This isn’t happening. I don’t want to deal with them.”

“You never know, they might not come out here at all,” Alex said.

“You obviously don’t know our parents,” Conner said.

“When do you think they’ll come out here?”

“I don’t know, Mika. I suppose one or both of us will be getting a call when they do decide to come out. I have to go back home in a few days. I was only able to get the week off of work. I have to go back on Monday.”

“That’s only three days from now, Conner. You can’t leave this soon.”

“I have to. I have bills to pay for.”

“Get a job here. There’s a two bedroom for rent down the hall. I would have rented that one, but I didn’t need the space and I save one hundred dollars a month by only having a one bedroom.”

“If I was able to get a job and we moved in there, I’d have to work all the time to pay for it, since you won’t be able to work anymore.”

“No, I have the entire year’s rent on this apartment paid for already. You’d only have to pay the extra hundred for the other bedroom.”

“We’ll have to see, Mika. I’d have to go get applications today probably. I’m not even sure I would hear back from any of them before I had to leave.”

“You never know Conner. If you want to live out here, it would be worth a shot.”

“I’ll ask Zack and Rian if they saw any hiring signs while they were out. I’ve had so much fun out here already; it would be great to live here.”

“So, if you get a job you’ll stay?”

“Yeah, if I can get a job, I’ll stay.”

“I’m going to call the landlord, see if she will hold that apartment for about a week while you look for a job.”

“Sounds good.”

“Everyone be quiet.”

I took out my phone and found the number for our landlord. I hit send. It was calling.

After the third ring, she picked up.

“Carla Richards with Century Real Estate, how may I help you?”

“Hi Carla, it’s Mika Oliver.”

“Hi dear, is there a problem with the apartment?”

“Oh, no, not at all. The apartment is great. I was actually calling to see if you had rented out the two bedroom apartment down the hall yet.”

“No, not yet, I’m afraid.”

“Okay, well, my brother surprised me and came out to visit and now he doesn’t want to leave. I was wondering if you could hold it for me for about a week while he looked for a job.”

“And if he hasn’t found a job within the week?”

“If he hasn’t found a job within the next week, then you can rent it to someone else that might be interested in it.”

“I think I can do that for you, Mika.”

“Thank you so much. I’ll give you a call by the end of next week letting you know either way.”

“I look forward to your call.”

“Bye.”

After hanging up the phone, I saw six pairs of eyes on me.

“She’s agreed to hold the apartment for the week.”

“Mika, would it be okay if I borrow your car? I think I’m going to go out looking.”

“That’s fine, Conner. The keys are on the kitchen counter.”

I watched Conner stand up off the couch and walk over to the counter, grab the keys, and leave the apartment.

“What if your brother gets a job, but it’s not within the next week?”

“Well, if she hasn’t rented the apartment out yet, we could still get it. And if she has, there are other apartments in the area. If he gets a one bedroom, he would be able to afford living on his own. I think there might even be a one bedroom for rent on the third floor.”

“I think your brother should get an apartment to himself. You wouldn’t have to share the bathroom then. You would both have more privacy. If he were to get the one on the third floor, you would still be close enough to spend time together, but you wouldn’t have to see each other twenty-four seven.”

“Alex, you just want my brother to get his own apartment so you don’t have to worry about him hearing us if we ever have sex.”

He blushed. “No…”

I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Okay, so maybe that is the reason.”

“I knew that was the reason. That’s not going to be happening for a while, though.”

He pouted.

“I can’t help it, Alex. You’ll just have to deal with not having sex.”

“What if I can’t?”

He seemed almost embarrassed to admit that.

“Then, find a new girlfriend.”

Just as I was saying this, Rian and Zack walked in.

“Whoa! Are you guys breaking up?” Zack asked.

I looked up at them. “I don’t know. Ask Alex.”

“Alex?”

“I don’t want a new girlfriend.”

I smiled. “Really? What about…” I broke off.

“I’ll deal with it.”

I kissed his cheek. “So, guys, what do we have to eat?”

“Chinese. I hope that’s okay,” Rian stated.

“Chinese sounds great. Any good movies?”

“Of course. Would we really bring back bad movies?”

“It’s possible.”

“You need to have more faith in your boys, Mika. Have we let you down yet?”

I scratched my head. “No, I guess you haven’t.”

“That’s what I thought,” Rian said, a cocky grin spreading over his face.

“Don’t get arrogant. Just put in the movie and give me a big plate of that delectable smelling food.”

He laughed at me.

“What?”

“Nothing, really. You’re just funny.”

“I’m not funny. You just have a poor sense of humor.”

“That hurts, Mika. I have a great sense of humor.”

I scoffed at him. “Sure you do.”

“I do, though.”

“Keep telling yourself that, Rian.”

“I will.”

“Just give me some food. I’m starved.”

He chuckled and set a plate down in front of me. I immediately started eating. It was like heaven.

“This is so good.”

“I know.”

“Thank you.”

“Oh, you’re welcome. Okay, so pick a number between one and four.”

“Two.”

“Daybreakers it is.”

“Sweet. I wanted to see this when it came out, but I never seemed to have the time off of work to do it.”

“Well, you’ll get to see it now.”

“Hurry up. Put the movie in.”

“Keep your shirt on.”

“Shush it.”

Rian put in the movie and I settled back into the couch. Today was going to be a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please :]

I'm like crazy hungry, but I don't know what I want to eat. Any suggestions?