Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

I Spy

It was only a few hours later, I was dragged from sleep. Of course, it wasn’t something close to me being completely rested or the plane hit a patch of turbulence as the cause. No, it was Jack deciding he was too bored to wait for me any longer.

“Mika! I’m bored. You have to get up now. It’s been two hours.”

“Jack, you can’t possibly tell me there is not a single other person awake on this plane.”

“Well, there is, but I’ve already bothered them enough that they threatened to push me off the plane if I didn’t leave them alone.”

“It serves you right Jack. Now, if you’re done complaining, put in a movie and let me go back to sleep. Even Alex hasn’t woken up yet.”

“I thought about waking him up, but you’re more fun than he is.”

“Now, that is not nice Jack, no matter how true the statement may be.”

“So, you agree. Your fiancé is boring.”

“Now, I didn’t say that. I’m just slightly more exciting than he is.”

“He’s boring.”

“I do recall, said boring person being your best friend before you met me.”

“Well, he was the most exciting person I had at the time. I had to make due.”

“If you say so Jack. Now be a doll and fetch me a bottle of water. I’m parched.”

“I am not your slave, Mika!”

“If you want me to stay awake with you when I would much rather be off in Dreamland then you very well better start being one.”

“But…”

“Go get me a bottle of water or I’m going back to sleep. Those are your choices. Choose wisely.”

Needless-to-say, Jack went and got me a bottle of water.

I decided to play a trick on him and cuddled up to Alex while he was gone and closed my eyes. A few minutes later, when Jack returned, I heard him whine at me.

“Mika, you tricked me. You really didn’t want the water you just didn’t think I’d let you go back to sleep. Meanie.”

I opened one eye and looked at him.

“Well, it worked. You freaked out thinking I had lied to you.”

“You were awake?”

“Of course I was, but I did actually want the water so hand it over.”

After I had taken a drink of the water, I turned to face Jack again. “So, what did you want to do young Padawan?”

“I hadn’t thought that far, yet. I was more worried about getting you to wake up.”

“Jack, some days I really hate you. You wake me up because you’re bored and have bothered everyone else on the plane and you don’t even know what you want to do.”

“Yepp.”

“And it had to be with me.”

“Yepp.”

“Go jump off the plane, Jack.”

“But…we’re over the Pacific Ocean. I’d drown.”

“Good. I’d get some sleep this way.”

“You’re mean.”

“I’m cranky. You woke me up for nothing.”

“Well, let’s play something. I spy with my little eye something,” Jack paused looking around the plane, “yellow.”

Looking around, I noticed three things that were yellow, one of them being my shirt. I figured it probably wasn’t that. It would be too obvious.

“Hmm…the guitar strap sticking out of the case over there?” I guessed pointing to the strap I was referring to.

“Dang. You’re good at this.”

“No, not really Jack. There were only three yellow objects in my sight. One was too obvious of a choice and you play guitar.”

“You’re still better than me. Your turn.”

I had already known what I was going to pick when it came to be my turn, but I looked around the plane to pretend like I hadn’t chosen yet.

“I spy with my little eye something red.”

“Why did you have to do this to me? There are a million things that are red on this plane.”

I shrugged. “I like to make things interesting.”

“My shirt?”

“No.”

“That guy’s hair?”

“No.”

“Alex’s shoes?”

“No.”

“I give up.”

“The notebook sitting in your seat.”

“I would have never guessed that.”

“I know. That is why I am amazing and you never win if you play with me.”

“I should have woken Alex up.”

I laughed at this.

“Didn’t you just say a little bit ago that Alex was boring?”

“I changed my mind. He at least lets me win sometimes.”

“Well, excuse me. I’ll go hang out with members of the other bands and you can wake up your precious Alex so he can let you win in a game. Good day, Jack.”

I stood up and walked out of the aisle leaving Jack sitting there with his mouth hanging open in shock. It didn’t take long for him to recover.

“Mika! I didn’t mean it. Come back. Please?”

I sat down next to a member of another band and proceeded to ignore Jack.

“Hi. I’m Mika. Your song Hush Hush is one of my favorite songs.”

“One of? It should be your favorite.”

“I’m biased. I’m partial to Remembering Sunday by All Time Low.”

“Why are you biased?”

I held up my hand. “Alex Gaskarth is my fiancé. That’s why.”

“So you’re the mystery girl everyone’s heard about but have never seen. I must say, he has very good taste.”

“You know sir; flattery will not change the fact that your song is not my favorite song.”

“It was worth a try.”

“Mika, stop ignoring me.”

I groaned. “Jack, did you need something?”

“Yes, your attention for two seconds so I can say I’m sorry. I was being childish. I was wrong.”

“I accept your apology Barakat. Now, if you haven’t previously annoyed all the members of The Spill Canvas while I was asleep, do sit down. Unless you would rather wake up Alex, Rian, or Zack to talk to.”

“No, Rian will just complain about missing Kara, Zack will bitch about not getting in enough time at the gym and I’m sure as soon as Alex wakes up he will steal you from all of us.”

“Jack, do you not remember the promise I made you before we boarded this plane?”

He hesitated. “No…”

“I told you we would get in so much trouble we would be threatened to get kicked off the plane. I plan on fulfilling this promise before Alex wakes up so we had better get started.”

He grinned devilishly. “I know just the thing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever and is ridiculously short and such. I've been busy with work and playing this game I've gotten addicted to on Facebook, Frontierville. If you play you should totally add me. :]

Anyway....comment/subscribe. It would make my day.