Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

Phase Three, Check

As quietly as possible, Jack and I opened the overhead compartments and pulled out all of the bags the other passengers had placed there. If we noticed a bag lying in a seat or on the floor, we figured out a way to grab them, too. Once we had all the bags sitting in the main aisle, we grabbed as many as we could and started toward the back of the plane.

It didn’t take very long to get all the bags into the empty drawers in the storage room; maybe an hour, at most.

Once we were finished, we went back to our seats and chugged the rest of our drugged water. Soon enough, we were asleep.

I woke up to the sound of someone yelling. I looked at my phone. I had been asleep for six hours. I saw that Alex was already awake.

“What’s he yelling about? He woke me up.”

“His bag is gone. I think he just wants attention. Go back to sleep.” Alex kissed my forehead and I snuggled up to him.

“Wake me up when we get there.”

“Will do. Goodnight Mrs. Gaskarth.”

“We’re not married yet, Alex.” I giggled. He was so cute sometimes.

“No, but we will be as soon as this tour is over.”

“That’s still eight months away. Go to sleep, we can talk about it later.”

I had almost fallen back to sleep when there was more yelling heard from the front of the plane. Apparently, more people had noticed their bags were missing. I couldn’t help but let a small smile slip onto my face. In a few seconds, I had gotten myself under control and my face displayed annoyance at being woken up.

I walked to the front of the plane.

“What’s with all the yelling? This is the second time I’ve been woken up. Whatever it is, I don’t want to know, just be a little quieter about it, will you? I’m bitchy when I haven’t gotten enough sleep and unfortunately for you, you’re stuck with me for the next eight months, so you better get used to letting me get the sleep I want. I know I don’t like dealing with bitchy girls all day, but hey, some of you might get off on that, I don’t know. Either way, shut up so I can sleep. Thanks.”

I walked back to my seat next to Alex and tried to get comfortable again, but I was unable to.

“Today is going to be a long day.”

I knew I wasn’t going to get anymore sleep, so I went over to the seat Jack was occupying.

“Jack, I am brilliant.”

“How long do you think we should wait before we tell them?”

“Let’s give it a few hours. I want them to really start fretting about it.”

We sat in silence for a moment.

“Oh, they are going to hate me once they find out what we did, but it was so worth it.”

“This is why you’re my best friend.”

“Because I’m evil?”

“No, because you’re an evil genius. If you were just evil, we probably wouldn’t get along very well,” Jack said as he let out a small chuckle.

“I am now unable to get back to sleep, so what shall we do? Cause more mischief or be boring and watch a movie?”

“Let’s be boring and watch a movie so I can plot something to top you.”

“As if that will ever happen and you know it. Face it; I’m always going to be better than you. You have no chance.”

“Well, somebody is arrogant today, isn’t she?”

“Who me? Never.”

At this Jack started laughing. “I’m sorry, that was just too funny.”

“I don’t see how that was funny at all, but I’m glad I can make you laugh at my expense.”

“You know for a fact that it was funny, Mika, and you don’t take offense to it so stop running your mouth like it did.”

“I could seriously punch you right now, Jack Barakat. You are so obnoxious sometimes.”

“That’s why you love me.”

“How do you know I love you? I was unaware of this piece of information.”

“If you didn’t love me you wouldn’t put up with all the shit that I do. You’re not that kind of person.”

“We’ll you might be right about that part, but I still don’t love you nearly as much as you claim I do.”

“Mika, get off your high horse and just admit it. You love you some Jack Barakat. You would be lost without me and that’s a proven fact.”

“I could get by just fine without you. I did it for 20 years mind you.”

“Quit being a smartass. You’ve been around me too long. You’d be lost without someone to help pull of your pranks. You need me.”

“Well, look who’s arrogant now.”

We both started laughing.

“Oh, god, Jack I just had the worst realization. We bicker like an old married couple. People on the street would probably think we’re dating if they didn’t know I was engaged to Alex.”

“Are you ashamed of me, Mika?”

“Jack, if I was ashamed of you, do you think I’d go out in public with you?”

“You make a valid point. You are forgiven for almost hurting my feelings.”

I smacked him.

“I deserved that.”

“I know you did. I don’t hit people just for the fun of it. Although, depending on the person it is very entertaining.”

“Like Rian?”

“Exactly.”

“Let’s put the movie in now.”

I got up and put the DVD in the player and pressed the play button. When I sat back down, I whispered in Jack’s ear, “When it’s over, we’ll tell everyone where their things are. I think we should have given them enough time to stew over it by then.”

He nodded and sat back to watch the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever to get out. I've just been so busy with work and stress over the new apartment that I've had MAJOR writers block. Hopefully, I'll be able to start getting back into the swing of things very soon.

I hope you like it.

Comment/Subscribe :]