Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

How About A Rockstar's Girlfriend?

My insides were screaming. I went on a date with Alex Gaskarth and he was holding my hand.

He made me nervous. More so, than any other boy I had met. What did that mean? Was it some sort of sign?

I’m probably thinking too much.

I started nibbling on the corner of my lip. Why does he make me so nervous?

He looked down at me and smirked.

“What?”

“I was beginning to think nothing made you nervous.”

You couldn’t be farther from the truth.

“What makes you say that?”

“I don’t know. You never seem to lose your head in situations.”

Don’t make me laugh.

“You obviously haven’t known me very long, Alex. A lot of things make me nervous.”

We had gotten in view of the apartment building by this time and our conversation dropped off.

We were still holding hands as we walked up the stairs to the second floor. Even though, the rest of the guys would have no idea when we were coming back, I still expected them to bombard us before we even got to the door.

“I had fun today.”

“Why does this sound like goodnight?”

“I didn’t think you’d want to spend the rest of the night with me. Don’t you have band members you should go spend some time with?”

“I’d rather spend time with you. You’re far more interesting than they are.”

“Now, if that wasn’t the biggest lie I’ve heard in my life, I don’t know what is,” I said shaking my head and unlocking my apartment. Standing in the doorway, I looked back at Alex, questioningly.

“Is there room for one more?”

“You still want to hang out with me?”

Alex smiled, almost shyly, “Yes, Mika, I do. Is that so hard to believe?”

“Actually, yes, it is.”

“Are you going to let me in?”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry. Come in,” I said, a blush creeping into my cheeks.

“It’s kind of bare in here, don’t you think?”

“Well, excuse me, Alex. Not all of us can live the life of a rich and famous rockstar.”

“How about a rockstar’s girlfriend?”

“The only rockstars I know are you and the rest of All Time Low. That would be kind of hard then wouldn’t it?”

Alex stood there and laughed at me for a moment.

“What’s so funny?”

“You completely missed what I was going for with that?”

“What do you…Oh, I feel stupid now,” I said.

“So, will you, Mika?”

“You’ve only known me a day, Alex. Isn’t a little soon to want to be my boyfriend? Shouldn’t you get to know me a little better first? For all you know, I could be a serial killer.”

“I know you’re not a serial killer. You can’t even kill a bug by yourself, let alone a human being.”

“How do you know it’s not just an act?”

“Well, if it is, you must be a damn good actress. And if that were true, why wouldn’t you just go to Hollywood and become a famous actress?”

“I don’t want to be an actress, Alex. I can’t be what I really want.”

A concerned look came over Alex’s face and he walked over to me wrapping me in his arms. “What is it that you really want, Mika?” he whispered in my ear.

“Confidence,” I said, barely above a whisper. “I don’t care if I never get rich or famous, Alex, but I want to like being me.”

I suppose you could classify what we had as a moment that was ruined by my stomach growling, reminding me that we came back to get food.

“Let’s get you some food. I’m tired of hearing sass out of you,” Alex said pointing at my stomach.

“I thought you didn’t talk to stomachs.”

“I don’t talk to MY stomach. I never said anything about talking to other peoples,” he said with a huge grin on his face.

“Okay, smartass.”

He clutched his chest, “That hurts, Mika,” he feigned.

I giggled and kissed his cheek, “Get over it. You’re a big boy now.”

I walked over to the cabinets and started looking inside for something I wanted to eat. I would open one and look inside it for a few seconds and close the door, only to open it again a few seconds later, still not finding anything.

“Why don’t you let me take a look?”

I moved aside to let Alex take a look. Maybe he could find something I missed.

I saw a grin spread slowly across his face.

“What’s going through your head Alexander William Gaskarth? Wait, I’m not sure I want to know.”

He looked back at me before speaking, “Why don’t you go make yourself comfortable and I’ll make you something?”

“I guess that will work,” I responded as I walked out of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Alex sat down next to me.

“Aren’t you supposed to be cooking, Mister Gaskarth?”

“I am cooking. I just have to wait for it to get warm. I got lonely; I didn’t want to stand in the kitchen by myself.”

“Are you going to tell me what you are making?”

Alex shook his head at me, “No, it’s a surprise. I can’t tell you or it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore.”

I rolled my eyes at him, “Fine, Gaskarth.”

“Don’t give me that look, Mika.”

“I’ll give you that look if I want to. You don’t tell me what to do.”

“Whatever, Mika. Just whatever.”

“Back at ya, Gaskarth.”

“I’m leaving.”

“Good. Do it. I don’t care.”

He started walking to the door and opened it, walking out.

I didn’t really want him to go, so I ran to the door after it was closed. He was still in the hallway when I opened the door. “Don’t go. Please?” I asked pleadingly.

Alex smiled at me, before walking back to my door, “I was waiting for you to say that.”

After closing my door again, he kissed me tenderly. He went to check on the food he was preparing a second later. Walking back over to me, he said, “It’s almost ready. Why don’t you set the table?”

I nodded and went into the kitchen, grabbing plates and forks.

Once the table was set and the food ready, we sat down to eat.

“Alex, this looks delicious.”

“Thank you.”

We sat in comfortable silence, just eating and enjoying the others company. Once we were done, I stood up, taking the dishes into the kitchen to wash them.

Wandering back into the living room, I noticed Alex sitting on the couch staring at the blank TV screen.

“What are you doing?” I asked, giggling slightly.

“I don’t know. Waiting for you to come back. I didn’t want to turn anything on without you being in here. I’ve been known to break things if I don’t know how to work them and your remote looks complicated.”

“Did you want to watch TV?”

“How about we watch a movie rather than TV?”

“That sounds like a good plan. What movie were you thinking? I have a bunch of them.”

Alex stood up to look at my movies and pulled one off the shelf handing it to me.

I put it in the DVD player and turned on the TV.

Alex had claimed the couch as his so I went and sat in the recliner. A frown came over Alex’s face.

“What Alex?”

“I wanted you to sit by me.”

“I can’t sit by you if you’re lying down.”

“I’ll sit up.”

I got up and sat by Alex.

We started watching the movie. I didn’t realize how tired I was, by the time we had watched half of the movie I was fighting to stay awake. I spread out on the couch, laying my head on Alex’s lap. I smiled up at him when he looked at me and asked, “Will you cuddle with me?”

Alex smiled before answering, “Sure.”

I sat up again so Alex could lay down behind me before lying down again.

Alex wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him and kissed my neck.

I wasn’t able to stay awake for much more of the movie.

Tucked safely in Alex’s arms, I fell into the first dreamless sleep I’ve had since moving to California.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be greatly appreciated. I like knowing what you guys like about the story.

Sorry for the couple day wait on this, I was with some friends this weekend and they kept me pretty distracted.