Status: New...tell me if I should continue this. :]

But I Never Promised You

Mario Party

I was just getting out my phone to call Conner when he came through the door holding a twelve pack of Mountain Dew and a grocery sack.

“Took you long enough. Jeez.”

“Well excuse me, Missy. Next time I’ll send you out into a city you don’t know and expect you to find the grocery store and be back within ten minutes.”

“Deal. Too bad for you, I’ll probably win it,” I said smiling at him.

“Yeah. Yeah. You ready to get your butt whooped.”

“I’ve been ready for at least five minutes already. I was waiting for you, remember?” I said, putting extra emphasis on you.

He glared at me, “Just start the game, Mika. I’ll put the popcorn in the microwave.”

I giggled, but I started the game like he asked. “Will you bring me a soda when you come in here, Conner?” I asked.

“Sure,” Conner said walking back in with a Mountain Dew in his hand.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling at him.

When the popcorn was done, Conner got up and walked back into the kitchen, grabbing the bag out of the microwave.

“Do you have any bowls, Mika?”

“Left cupboard above the sink,” I told him.

Conner came back with a bowl of popcorn. I decided that getting a little messy tonight would be okay, so I threw a couple pieces of popcorn at Alex.

Alex didn’t want to play along the way I intended. He came over and pulled me close to him, “I can start stuff, too, Mika.”

“Oh, really? What are you going to be starting?” I asked.

“This,” Alex said before he kissed me.

When the kiss ended, Conner was looking at me with a questioning face. “I do believe you said you weren’t dating any of these band members.”

“I’m not dating Alex. I just like kissing him.”

“Aren’t you a little old for things like this?”

“No. Conner I’m only 20. I have plenty of time to find Mr. Right. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“Can we go back to the game now?”

We ended up playing Mario Party for another three hours. Conner was right. He whooped my butt in all three games.

“You suck, Conner. How do you get so good at this?”

“Practice and lots of it,” he said, smiling at me.

I yawned. I didn’t realize I was tired, but apparently today had worn me out.

Conner saw this and smiled. “Okay, guys, little sister is tired so it’s time for you to head back to your place.”

Zack and Rian immediately stood up and walked to the door. They both said goodbye before disappearing out of it.

Jack took a bit more time. He came and gave me a hug that could’ve given a bear a run for its money. When I protested, he finally let go. Conner shoed him out the door.

Next was Alex. I didn’t really want him to leave, so I quickly came up with a plan.

“Come read me a bedtime story.”

He looked at me puzzled, but followed me to my room anyway.

“You don’t really want me to read you a bedtime story, do you?” Alex asked after the door was closed.

I shook my head, “No.”

He smiled, “Good.”

I had crawled into bed and Alex came over, kissing me on the forehead. I sat up and gently kissed him. I started to pull him onto the bed when he broke the kiss.

“I don’t think we should do that Mika. Your brother is right outside that door.”

“I wasn’t going to have sex with you anyway, Gaskarth. I just wanted you on the bed,”

He smiled, “Well, in that case….”

He crawled up next to me and kissed me again.

“Will you cuddle with me?” I asked.

“What about your brother?”

“I don’t care what my brother says. I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.”

Alex crawled under the covers and pulled me up next to him. He whispered in my ear, “Goodnight, Mika.”

“Goodnight Alex.”

Tucked in bed with Alex and Conner being just outside, I felt safer than I had in a long time. It wasn’t long before I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!

I know this chapter is short and WAY filler-ish, but not all chapters can be exciting...and the next chapter should be a good one. :]