Atrophy.

1.

The sickly toxic fumes of bleach attacked the nose of the motionless body, burning. Clean, too clean. As their breath came in shallow, desperate rasps then stopped.

All the sunlight lethargically crawled through the dusty windowpanes, cutting slices of light across the chalky white face; sleep is such a vicious guilt ridden tragedy. Suddenly, the glowing light smothered her eyelids, blindingly and dragged her away from those peaceful dreams~ the machine beeped into life, piercing. Her eyes battled to stay open, it were as if they were stuck firmly together. The bright, insistent light burned through her lashes. Darkness threatened to steal her, yet she resisted courageously.

The silence all around was deafening, tormenting even, pressing against her eardrums—unease rose, bubbling steadily in her stomach as she struggled to make sense of her extraordinary surroundings. Skeletal fingers formed claws that searched among excess mounds of scratchy fabric, searching; but never finding what was lost.

The isolation, the intensity of the lights, the confusion was all too much. Her chapped lips parted and her mouth moved but no sound could be heard; the blood all rushed to her head and she could feel the darkness closing in once again, however this time she welcomed it with a whispered hint of relief. This strange light place was terrifying...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but it's a three-parter. (:
Please comment..