Status: Finished

You're Gonna Be the One That Saves Me

Saved

"Miss Peterson, you've got four broken ribs. Now we've wrapped you up, and I'll give you something for the pain. But, when you shower make sure your boyfriend wraps you back up," Did he just address John as my boyfriend? "You can buy that stuff in any pharmacy." The doctor informed me before walking out of the room.

I glanced over at John in the corner staring down at the floor. "You ready?" I asked, slowly getting off the hospital bed. I stood there for a moment waiting for a response from him. He looked up at me, his face held no expression. He got up from his seat and followed me out of the room I was in. Not a word was spoken between John and I, as we walked out of the hospital. You could cut the tension with a knife.

John helped me get into his car, and the pain was unbearable. The doctors gave me a little something for pain but it was wearing off. I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up my painkillers the doctor had prescribed me.
After making sure I was comfortable, John walked over to his side and got in. He didn't start that car, he just sat there staring at the steering wheel.

"Are we leaving any time soon? I need to hurry up and get back home." I told him.
It was a few minutes before he spoke, "Jesse did this, didn't he?" He looked up at me.
"John, you heard my story. I was running after Baxter and ran into a chair, causing it to fall over then somehow landed on it. Jesse had nothing to do with it. He loves-" I was cut off by John.
"Don't you even dare say he loves you. Lacey, I know he hits you. If someone even has the nerve to lay a hand on you, they don't love you. They don't even respect you."

"You don't know anything about Jesse and I. He's done so much for me. He took me in when my mom died, John. I had nowhere else to go. I'm thankful for him." I said.
"Lacey, he took you in so he could control you. You remember that party he threw awhile back?" When I didn't respond he continued talking.
"I came outside to tell you two that the food was here, and heard you guys arguing. He called you names and I saw him hit you."

Tears were forming in my eyes, "I never said anything when I should've. You're my best friend and all this time I've tried to act like nothing's wrong. I didn't want to interfere with anything because I was too scared to do what I'm about to."
I gave John a weird look and opened my mouth to speak but his lips crashed into mine.

My heart felt like it was exploding. I've had my share of boyfriend's growing up, but kissing John was the only one that's felt like this; felt right.
His hand caressed my cheek as he kissed me over and over. He was the first to pull away, "Lacey, I hope you don't hate me for that. But I've been waiting to do that for years." He informed me.

I sat there in awestruck and John noticed, "What I'm saying is that I love you, Lacey. No other girl but you. You're the only one that's had my heart my entire life. I can't tell you how painful it is to watch someone you love and care about so much be talked down to and hit by someone that doesn't know how lucky he is to have that person."

"You really love me?" I asked, still unable to believe what I'm hearing from my best friend.
"Yes, Lacey. I love you with all my heart." He grabbed ahold of my hand, rubbing his thumb along mine. "You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you finally say that, Johno. All those years waiting for you have finally paid off. If I gave you my heart would you promise not to break it?" I asked.

He held up my hand and laced his pinky with mine, "I pinky swear, sweetie." He said, then kissed my finger.
I smiled, but it soon faded when I realized I still have a problem, "What about Jesse?"
"What about him?" John asked.
"I can't exactly leave. All my things are there. Baxter's there. I have no money to move out." I explained.

"Lacey, you're staying with me. I'm going to be the one that saves you from all of this, even if it kills me." John said, starting the car and peeling out of the hospital parking lot.

"Honey, where've you been? I missed you." Jesse said as soon as I stepped out of John's car. He was putting on a show, and a great one at that.
"Jesse, I can't do this anymore." At that point John stepped out of the car, "You've hurt me all this time and I just can't be with you anymore." I said.
I was waiting for him to blow up at me, waiting for him to start a fight.

"You're leaving me? Ha! Where are you going to stay? You have no money and no family to take you in." He smirked.
"She has me." John spoke, standing beside of me, "She'll be with someone that won't treat her like a dog. She'll be with someone that'll actually love her."

"Well, since you've got everything figured out come get your shit and get out." Jesse said, stepping aside so I could go in to get my things. "Johno," I whined, tugging on his hand. I wasn't going in there by myself. He grabbed my hand and we walked in the house. Jesse watched me like a hawk and John watched Jesse, making sure he wasn't planning on doing anything.

About an hour later, I had everything I owned packed into John's car. Baxter was the last thing I grabbed on my way out. Jesse was standing beside the doorway again, seeing us off.
"This isn't over," He said, as I walked past him. John was right behind me and stepped in front of my ex. "You better believe it's over. If you ever come near her again, you'll be sorry."

"Oh? You're threatening me in my own house?" Jesse asked rhetorically.
"John, come on. Don't pay attention to him." I tried getting him out of there.
"It's a promise." John said, before finally giving into me and followed me out to his car.
Helping me in it, with Baxter in my lap. Jesse was staring intently at me with one of his sinister smiles.
As soon as John got in the car, Jesse shut the front door in defeat.

"Everything's gonna be ok, Lacey. I promise." He said.
"I know John. You're my best friend, my soulmate and best of all; my savior.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is. Hope you enjoyed it :]