Slash Your Bones Open and Dry

This is what wakes him up

A small, almost unbearable quirking sound is what wakes him up.

Sonny’s breath hitches up; his throat feels too tight for any air to come trough while with wide eyes he looks around himself.

Tremoring he reaches out one hand to shake a sleeping Matt awake; needing hugs, kisses, comfort and someone telling him that these sounds is all in his mind. Except, Matt isn’t there.

A scared breath gets inhaled by Sonny and he clenches the sheets tighter around his fragile pale body, around his shaking form that begs for Matt to be here, to come back from wherever he is.

The sound waking him up is heard again, and he closes his eyes with a groan. Just a helpless sound, telling him that closing his eyes won’t help a bit.

This was a bad idea Sonny thinks while he tries to steady his breath, coming here was a bad idea, I knew it.

Why had he listened to Matt? Why? He had promised himself never to do that again.

Why did I pick up the damn phone? Another thing he had promised not to do if he ever saw Matt’s name blink on the display. The day that almost two years ago was supposed to be the last he would see of the guys in reality, the last of Matt. It had never worked out well in the band, not when Matt and Sonny were avoiding each other, nor when they were all over each other.

Finally Sonny couldn’t take it, it got to be too much. Waking up to a sleeping, naked, Matt, having no idea of what had happened because Travis had got him drunk.

Having nothing but his sore body as a memory.

Sonny was a person that needed memories, he was craving them. He did not want to look back on his life and realize that he didn’t know one thing of his own youth. Being in From First to Last was maybe good for a future career, but it was bad for his life. They had turned him into the kind of person he didn’t want to be. Into a person with no memory but from his time on tour.

He heard the sound again, louder this time, closer.

Sonny opens his eyes again, swallowing down a cry and wondering why he was thinking about that now. He was ignoring the fact that he could hardly pass one day without thinking about Matt, and maybe the others a little too. After all, Matt had called – and even if every being inside of Sonny had screamed do not answer to him, that was exactly what he had done, answered. Matt had said that everything was fine, that they missed him and that no one was angry at him. Well, maybe Travis had been a little back then, but he had found a way to forgive Sonny for leaving them.

Sonny had believed him, he always believed Matt – no matter what it was about because, fuck, Matt always knew how to convince Sonny with just the right words. And Matt telling Sonny that he needed him there, with him, to talk about their relationship had been just the right thing to say.

And Matt knew it.

Their relationship. That was what had gotten Sonny to immediately give Matt the promise that he would be there so soon his schedule allowed it.

“Sonny.” Matt had looked surprised. Like seeing Sonny really keeping his promise and now standing there on his porch, nervously nibbling on his right lip ring, while looking everywhere except at Matt, had shocked him. “I... wow.”

“...here. I’m here, I mean.” Sonny blushed. “Like I...promised. Kind... you wanted... you wanted to talk about our... relationship? Or did you just...”

“Sonny.” Matt repeated, laying his hand on Sonny’s neck, tangling fingers in Sonny’s long hair and pulling him closer. For Sonny the kiss was breathtaking and he instantly let a moan slip out, tip toeing as much as he could to deepen the kiss

For only the third time in his life, he remembers every moment with Matt. Every touch, kiss, arch, the cry when Sonny got so filled by Matt in that special way. The whimpers getting out when they wanted to move faster, but to afraid it would ruin everything. The moans when the speed is alright, the affectionate sounds when none of them could take it anymore, the shudders and shivers of exhausted sweaty bodies

This is what Sonny remembers, and what he craves.

Matt pulled Sonny close to him, kissing him deeply, and looking into his eyes. “I love you Sonny.”

Sonny’s heart beat slightly faster, twitching hard by fluttering joy. “I love you too Matt.”

How much a pair of sugar sweet words can mean what they can delve in the meaning behind.

Matt smiles, dragging his fingers through Sonny’s hair before laying them both in a comfortable position to sleep. “I’m sorry, just so you know.”


Sonny had fallen asleep before he could ask why Matt said sorry. If anyone should say that it was Sonny. He was the one leaving the band, hating the fact that he already knew that without him they wouldn’t make it as good as with him.

A new sound is heard, making Sonny wonder if he should scream in panic or take a sigh of relief. The new sound was someone moving across the floor, towards Matt’s room. But Sonny isn’t sure if that is Matt coming back. His steps are to slow, like they want to drag the moment out for as long as possible.

The door is slowly opened, and for the five seconds it takes to fully open Sonny’s heart stops beating. When he sees the person his heart instead does a flip of shock.

His eyes are met with Travis‘s, the older man staring at him with hate and rage –telling him that maybe Travis hasn’t forgiven him just yet. Sonny’s brain is feverish searching for an answer to why Travis is here, in Matt’s house.

Travis raises his arm, a sharp object glistering in Sonny’s eyes as he inhales deeply. He suddenly realizing why Matt asked him to come, why Matt said “I’m sorry, just so you know.” – fucking liar, he never loved me.

Sonny’s eyes open wide as he looks at Travis, hoping, begging, that he will change his mind.

He knows it’s just false hopes. He knows it.

“Oh fuck.”

The next second it feels like something rips at his throat, shattering it to pieces, spreading it out around him as far as they can get. The sound comes later, followed by a pain too big for words, he isn’t able to scream this feeling out before it goes all black.

---

Matt looks at the pale body belonging to Sonny, so much paler than he have ever seen it. He figures that it must be because Sonny is dead.

“I said I would get back on him for leaving the band.” Travis mutters between gritted teeth. “Fucking ass, just leaving us like that.”

Matt nods at the older man’s comment, unable to take his gaze away from Sonny’s body. Even dead, Sonny is breathtaking. The sight of Sonny’s pale body clashing against the dark blue sheets, his dark eyes staring at the ceiling with an dazed hint over them, dark red blood still pulsing from the open wound. It’s morbidly beautiful.

Matt loves everything that is morbid, Travis knows this. He knows this very well because he is now looking at Matt in that way that means Travis is going to get whatever he wants as a long as he plays his cards right.
“This fucking turns you on, doesn’t it?”

Travis also looks at the dead body of Sonny, thanking himself for being so bad on aiming, because, shit. Seeing Sonny bleed from his throat is just so much more beautiful, amazing and erotic, than if he would have shot him in his heart instead.

“Fuck yes, it does.” Matt looks at his older boyfriend, noticing the same fascination in Travis’s eyes.

Without words the two men’s eyes meet, a knowing is exchanged before their lips are on each others, clashing together with a heated passion Matt had never showed with Sonny.

They both know what the other is thinking as they fall down on the bed.

Travis raises himself up on his arms and looks at Sonny, his hand his meeting Sonny’s cold, dead cheek with a loud and hard slap.

“You always just meant shit for us. You think we cared? Those pathetic fan girls were the only ones that cared about you, about your body. All of us just used you, and you know what? Killing you is the best thing I’ve done in my whole fucking life.” Travis spits on Sonny, enjoying the way Matt shivers under him.

“We used you Sonny boy, you really thought Matt would care about a nobody like you? You Fucking idiot.”

Travis turns his attention back to the already panting Matt. Even if the want to continue to hit and insult the dead Sonny, the tempting looks from his boyfriend are too much for him to ignore. Right now it’s just about the two of them, about Travis and Matt.

Later they can insult Sonny, in ways he never would have thought they could.

And then they can call Derek for help with the body, just a few hours later than they had planned. But its okay, Derek can wait.

Because now,

It’s play time.

End


[A/N: I seriously do not think that Travis or Matt feels this way about Sonny, that would have been just plainly sick (just like my fantasy). And I do not think that FFTL will fail without SonnyI think on the other hand that Sonny won't make it without FFTL, but just ignore that
And... I just say; I'm ready for the hate mail. :p]