Status: Short Story...Enjoy!

Angels of Mine...

Angels of Mine...

Dec. 26, 2009

I watch her smile as she dances with Jay and I’ve never seen her this happy. To see her smile, laugh and blush like that makes me happy. I’ve known her since she was 4 years-old; and she’s still as innocent as she was back then. She’s grown up to be a beautiful, successful and down to earth 25 year-old lady. I love her like a baby sister, I protect her as if she was my own little sister and I’ll always protect her. I know Matt and the guys protect her too, but I feel like I’m supposed to watch over.
“She looks so happy.” Leana smiles
I nod and smile. “Yeah, she does.”
“Can you believe this will be them in September?”
I chuckle. “I told her at Matt’s wedding, but she didn’t believe me.”
She giggles. “Well because she didn’t expect Jay to propose to her so soon.”
“Why not, they’ve been dating her years.”
“Yeah, but it was made official a year ago.”
I shrug. “I just knew it, and I said the same when Brian and Michelle started dating and look at them they’re getting married in May.”
“Then we get married.” She looks up at me with her glowing smile and sparkling eyes.
I sigh contently and smile. “I can’t wait, baby. Then we can start planning for a little family.”
She nods excitedly.
“Aren’t you two lovebirds going to dance?”
I look up and smile at the adorable smile from my little Desiree. “Of course my little cookie, we were just talking.”
She smiles. “Well enough talking and more dancing.” she giggles.
Leana and I laugh at her.
“Where’s Jay?” I ask
“He went to go get a beer and water for me.”
“Water?” Leana asks
She giggles. “If I keep drinking, I’m going to make a fool of myself out there.”
I shake my head laughing. “You’re too cute to make a fool of yourself.”
She smiles.
“Here baby.” Jay hands her a bottle water, gives Lee a ice cold soda and hands me a beer.
“Thanks, man.”
“Thank you, Jay.” Lee drinks
“No problem.” He nods. “Can we sit for a bit.” He pleads Desiree.
She pouts at him. “Ok.”
He smiles. “I promise you a few more dances, but I need a beer.”
“Ok, baby.” She kisses him.
“So how’s the break going?” I ask
He sighs. “Good, we’re planning on going back in the studio after the New Year, we need a break and George wants to spend some time with the baby and Asia. Right now with everything going on with Deuce we need to figure out if we’re going to use Daniel.”
I nod. “Yeah, it’s tough but all of you need to figure what’s best for the band. I know the fans mean a lot, but in this case you can’t put the fans first because the band could break-up in the end. I saw you guys at the Wiltern with Daniel and all of you kick ass. I personally like Daniel more.”
He laughs. “Yeah.” He sighs. “It’s hard because he’s my friend but he’s putting his side project first over HU so I feel betrayed by him.”
I nod. “You guys will pull through, no doubt about that.”
“Thanks, man.”
As the night went on, Zacky pull Desi out to the floor to dance to their song from when they dated, Jay didn’t care because he knows Desi’ heart belong to him and also Zacky and Desi relationship is special that no one can tear apart. All the girls took the dance for a while. She also danced with her big brother Matt, me and Johnny. She couldn’t convince Brian because he’s not big into dancing and he’s just promised her that he will dance with her at the next party. She didn’t believe him because he always tells her that and she lets him get away with it too. Those two are always bricking at each other and we all get a laugh out of it.
“So cookie, how about we do lunch on Monday?” I ask
She nods. “Sounds good.” She smiles.
“Yeah, we need to catch up and I miss hanging out with you especially after you moved out to LA.”
She smirks. “I know, I just…”
I laugh. “We’ll talk on Monday.” I kiss her forehead. “I love you, cookie.”
She smiles wide. “I love you, too Jimbo.”
“Jay, man nice seeing you again. Don’t be a stranger, you’re part of this family too and so are the guys.” I hug him and pat on the back. “Thanks for making her so happy.” I whisper to him.
As we pull away from our hug and he smiles.
“I love her with all my heart. She makes me happy.”
I smile. “I knew I liked you for a reason. Just take care of her, and I’m trusting you with her.”
He nods.
I sigh. “Alright, will I’ll see you when I pick her on Monday for lunch…you know what let’s make this a lunch date with the four of us.”
He nods. “Cool, I’ll tell her.”
I nod. “You’re all staying the weekend, right?”
“Yeah, she wants to spend time with everyone, so we’ll probably leave New Years day to go to my parents.”
I nod.

As we all walked out of the reception hall, I watched all my friends saying bye to each other. I smile at them, they have made my life so complete and I don’t know what it would be like without them. My life is finally complete, I’m in successful band with my brothers, I have a beautiful fiancée and the world greatest friends. I can’t ask for anything more.

“Jimmy, we need to go, Desi and Jay are waiting for us.” She says in the distance. “Jimmy, come on!”
I heard Lee call me, but I didn’t wake up.
“Jimmy?” she panics. “No Jimmy, please wake-up baby.” She cries. “OH MY GOD!”
I watch her panic but for some reason, I couldn’t calm her down, ‘What the fuck is going on?’ I look at her trying to wake…no, this can’t be happening. I’m 28 years-old. I watch my fiancée crying as she tries to wake me up, then she grabs the phone…
“Please help, my husband doesn’t wake-up. Please send some help.” She cries. “No, he fell asleep about an hour ago…he was fine this morning…no he’s clean…just please send someone.” She cries hard
‘What the fuck, I need to wake up.’
‘Son, you’re not going to wake-up.’
I look up and see a elderly man smiling. ‘Who are you?’
He chuckles. ‘Well James, I’m formerly known as St. Thomas.’
I shock at him in shock. ‘This is a dream, right? I’m gonna wake-up, right?’
He smiles and shakes his head. ‘Son, you’re here to stay.’
‘I can’t leave them. I’m not ready, they’re not ready?’
I look at Leana on her knees next to my body crying, begging me to wake-up. But I had a feeling there was no use, I’m not going to wake-up. I sigh. ‘Was it my time?’ I ask
He nods. ‘My angel James is back home. You did your job, my son. It’s going to hard to let go, but you did an amazing job.’ He smiles.
‘What about all my friends?...oh no… Desiree. My little cookie, does she know yet?’
He shakes his head no. ‘Not yet, but once the paramedics arrive your beautiful angel is going to have to give them a call.’

I sigh as I watch my poor Lee, then I see the paramedics arrive and go over to my body to check me. I watch them do everything possible to get my heart restarted but it was no use. Matt, Val, Johnny, Brian and Zacky were trying to calm to Lee down but it was no use.
She looks up at Val. “Someone call Jay they’re probably freaking out.”
I watch Val dial the fimilar number on her cell, she walks away as she talks to someone and breaks down. Zacky comforts Val as she talks to what sounds to be Jay.
“I don’t know…yeah, just don’t tell her yet…no…we’ll meet you at our place that way we can tell her all together…yeah, I’m gonna call her but if you want to call Daniel…okay see you two soon.” she hangs up. “This is going to tear her apart, Zacky.” she shakes her head as she watches Lee. “This wasn’t suppose to happen.” Zacky hugs her and kisses the top of her head. I’ve never seen grown men cry until today and it’s breaks my heart.
I shake my head. ‘Was it really my time?’
‘Yes, Jimmy. I know it hurts but you did what was asked of you, you help create a beautiful group of friends who all love each other. It’s going to take some time for all of them to understand that you’re gone but they all know they have each other.’
‘What about my little cookie?’
‘Well from what I know, she’s going to be busy planning her wedding and planning a whole new future. I know she’s going to be fine. I want you to know that it will be hard to watch all of this but I want you to see what wonderful things you left behind. You need to trust, Jimmy’
‘Okay, I trust you but I’m watching the most important in my life crying over me and it breaks my heart.’ I sigh. ‘Can I check on them from time to time?’
‘Of course, my son. The only thing is they can’t see you. You can even leave little signs that you’re always going to be around.’
I nod.

I watch everyone gather at Matt and Val’s house, the only still missing are Jay and Desi and everyone is worry how she well react. Seeing all my friends in a house really made me realize how much I was loved and how much my friendship meant to them. I smile but when I hear the doorbell ring my heart sunk to…
Matt opens the door to reveal an adorability smiling Desi and a distress Jay behind her. She hugs Matt as she walks into the living, I see Matt and Jay talking and Jay shaking his head. Matt pats him on the back. I look over at Desi, who seems to be shock to why everyone is there. But being the sweetheart that she is she greets everyone…
“Where’s Jimbo?” she ask
Everyone looks over at Matt…
“Umm…baby why don’t you sit down.” he says
She looks at everyone and sits down. “Matt, why is everyone here? What’s going on? Where’s Jimmy?” She looks up at Jay and he looks away. “He didn’t meet with us for lunch and he didn’t call. I knew something was wrong, but it’s Jimmy nothing bad could happen, right?” she stands up when she hears the girls cry silently. “Seriously what’s going on?”
“Desi,…umm, we’re all here because something happen this morning.”
She looks scared. “What’s wrong?”
Jay comes up from behind her to hug her. “Just listen, baby.”
Matt runs a hand over his shaven head and sighs deeply. “It’s Jimmy, kiddo. He passed away this morning.”
She shakes her head. “No, that’s not true. I talked to him last night. He’s fine. No you’re wrong.” She tries to pulls away from Jay but he holds on to her.
“Baby, he’s telling the truth.”
“NO!!!” she cries. “He can’t be gone. I talked to him last night, he’s laughing and talking about the album. Is this some sick joke?” She cries and falls to her knees. “Why? WHY HIM!!!”
Jay walks her over to the couch. She sobs and sobs. I see Brian hand Jay a cup of water and a pill. I knew that they have to give her a downer to keep her somewhat calm like they did with Chelle and Lee.
“You knew!” she looks at him and pulls away. “Why didn’t you tell me?” she wipes her tears away
“I wanted to tell you, Val called him but it was me that needed to tell you. I know Jay wouldn’t have been able to tell you.” Matt says and hugs her. They both cry as everyone watches in tears.

‘How are you holding, son?’
I sigh. ‘I’m okay. It’s hard watching everyone.’
He nods.
‘Please tell me, everyone well be fine.’
‘Yes, my son. Everyone well continue on with their lives, it might take some of them a little longer then others but there are some changes coming.’
I look at him. ‘Good or bad?’
‘I say good.’ he smiles
I look at him with a rise eyebrow. ‘What are you talking about?’
He chuckles. ‘I was going to wait to tell or show you when she’s found out.’
‘Who? What?’ I was more confused then ever. ‘Dude, what are you talking about?’
He laughs. ‘Well a certain somebody is expecting.’
I sigh. I know it wasn’t Lee, she had been on the pill, Lacy would be out for blood if Johnny didn’t wear a condom, Zacky would be hella pissed he’s not ready yet… ‘Val and Matt?’
He shakes his head.
‘Hmm…Brian and Chelle?’
‘Nope.’
I sigh. ‘Okay, seriously. Who?’
He smiles. ‘Aren’t you forgetting someone?’
‘Who?’ I ask clueless, I’m not liking his guessing game.
‘A certain somebody who just got engage.’
I thought about it and then it hit me. My little cookie. ‘Desi and Jay?’
He nods with a wide smile.
‘But how…I mean I know how it happened. But when?’
‘Well if my book is correct it happen when they got engage.’
I smile as I look over at her. She looked so sad and confuse. ‘Does she know yet?’
‘I believe she has an idea but she’s not positive. Didn’t you find it odd she didn’t drink at the wedding?’
I look over at him. ‘She said…ohh.’ I look back over at her. ‘Is she going to be fine? I mean this shock must have taken or is taking a toll on her and the baby.’
‘The baby is healthy, and Desiree is doing her best to keep herself sane.’
‘She took a downer the other day isn’t that harmful for the baby.’
He smiles. ‘Jimmy, you need to trust me. Everything is perfectly fine with Desiree and the baby.’
I nod. I look at Desiree and smile at the thought that there’s someone growing inside her. Her and Jay have created a little person…her and Jay…I look over at Jay and glare.
‘Jimmy calm down, you had to know that they were…well you know.’ he chuckles
I took a deep breathe and sigh deeply. ‘It’s going to be hard for them; Jay and his band are just getting started. They’re still at that party phase and a baby…’
‘Look, I know what everyone thinks of Jay. He’s a good, kind hearted guy who loves Desiree very much. He comes from a good family. Yes, he’s made some mistakes but who hasn’t. I know you haven’t been perfect. I think Jay has given many reasons to accepted, but there a couple of them who believe Desiree could better. But you said so yourself that you’ve never seen Desiree so happy. He’s the one, the only one for her.’
I sigh and nod. ‘Ok, so if you knew I was going to get in trouble why didn’t you prevent it from happening?’
‘Well for one, everyone needs to learn from their mistakes. I just can’t jump in to help or solve a problem for you.’
‘But you’re supposed to be my angel.’
‘I know that, but as much as I wanted to jump to smack you to get you to understand what you were doing was wrong but a higher power said you would do just fine without my interfering.’
I nod. ‘So now what do I do?’
‘You’ll get the chance to be someone guardian, just like I was with you.’
‘Do I get wings?’ I smile
‘Yes, once you get assigned to someone.’
‘Who would that be?’
He smiles.
‘What?’
He looks over at Desiree and Jay. ‘They’re baby.’
I grasp and grin.
‘But listen, you can’t mold her to be this perfect child. She will need to make her own mistakes, you can only protect and make sure she always protected.’
‘She?’
He groans. ‘It slip out.’ he sighs and looks up. ‘I’m sorry, father.’ he looks at me and smiles. ‘Yes, it’s a girl or at least that’s what the baby is distending to be.’
I grin wider and look over at my little cookie. I hate seeing her so sad…
“Baby, please eat something. You haven’t ate anything.” Jay pleads. “Let’s go out for dinner.”
She looks up at him with tears in her eyes.
He hugs her and rocks her from side to side. “I’m so sorry baby, I hate seeing you like this and I wish I could do something to make things better.”
“Don’t leave me, please.” she begs
“I’m not going anywhere, baby. I’m here to stay. I love you.”
She nods.
“How about I go make us something to eat instead and while you take a hot bath. I’ll even get your bath started.” he smiles
She looks up at him and nods. “Thank you.”
“For what, baby?”
“Everything, you’re amazing and I don’t know what I would have done without you.”
He smiles and kisses her softly. “You have amazing friends and a great family. They would be here for you, they all love you so much and wouldn’t let you go through this by yourself.”
She smiles softly. “I love you so much.”
“I love you very much, too.”
I smile watching them. ‘They’re going to be great parents.’
‘Yes, they are.’
‘I wish I could be there.’
‘You will, Jimmy. You’re going to help protect her when their not around.’
I smile knowing it was true. I’m my little cookie baby’s guardian angel and I get a pair of wings. Lee would be so proud of me.

Fast forward to the funeral…

I sigh as I watch my friends and family cry over me. I watched them all go through the mourning, the anger and the sadness of my death. I know that deep down they well continue on with their lives and continue to do what they did because I always told them that they can’t stop living live or stop their dreams. As for the guys I know they will have a hard time in the studio but they will pull through, there’s still four of them and they can continue rockin’ the world because they know that I would want them to go on with the band we’ve all worked so hard to be where were at and to stop would be a big mistake and many fans were be heartbroken. I can’t let that happen, I won’t let that happen.

“Jay!” Desi screams. I laugh at her reaction to the results of her pregnancy test. “JAY!”
“What!?!” he comes running into the bedroom. “You scared me, I thought you hurt yourself baby.”
She smiles and giggles. “Sorry, baby.”
He sighs and catches his breathe. “What’s going on?”
I smile as Desi grins wider. “Here.”
He makes a face. “Baby, what is this?” he looks at the pregnancy stick. “Is this a…?”
She nods.
“It’s pink.” he looks up at her and smiles. “You’re pregnant?”
She squeals and jumps into his arms. He spins her around and kisses her.
“We’re having a baby.” he smirks.
“Yes, we are.”
He laughs. “Our moms well be happy.”
She nods. “I can’t wait to tell everyone, but I need to go to the doctors first to see how far along I am.”
He nods.
“What?”
He smiles and he rubs her stomach. “I’m just shock and happy.”
She smiles and sighs. “I guess this is an early Valentine’s Day gift for us.”
He laughs. “Yeah, it is. So how about we go out to our dinner with the family and hopefully we don’t let it slip out.”
“Ok, I need to set-up an appointment tomorrow.”
He nods. “How did you figure out you were pregnant?”
She smiles. “I haven’t been feeling well lately, at first I thought it was everything that’s happened with Jimmy but when I really thought about it I was feeling kind of icky since the wedding.”
“But the wedding was in December?”
She giggles. “I know, but I thought I was just being paranoid.”
He nods. “So let’s see, that was two months ago.” he looks at her wide eye. “You’re about 2 months along.”
She smiles. “I nod, but trust me I’ve been suspicious about it so I’ve actually been taking of myself.”
“What about those downers?”
She smirks and goes over to her purse to pull a folded up napkin. She opens it and it reveals 4 white pills.
He chuckles. “Desiree!”
“What? I didn’t want to cause any harm to the baby.”
I look over at Thomas and he smiles at me. ‘You knew?’
‘Yes, she’s a smart girl. She knew something was up with her body, with everything going on she couldn’t find the time to take the test so she knew that if was indeed pregnant she needed to be careful and take care of herself.’
I nod and watch on…

Months later…
‘Back so soon, Jimmy?’ Thomas ask smirking
I glare at him. ‘You know, for an angel you’re mean.’
He laughs.
‘Aren’t you suppose to tell me when I can and can’t look over them?’
‘You have to learn when it’s a good time to check on them. Do you realize how many times that’s happen to me? With you it was hard to figure out when it was that time for you, but I learn to pick up some signs.’
‘So you watched?’
He sighs. ‘No, thank goodness.’
I laugh. ‘But seriously, she’s 7 months pregnant. They shouldn’t be doing that, he’s going to poke the heck of Aubrey and it’s probably not safe.’
‘Jimmy, they’re mature adults.’
I sigh.
‘How do you know her name?’
‘They were talking about names earlier and they seem to have settle on Aubrey Lee Decker.’ I let a deep breathe out. ‘So what else is there to do around here, now that I’m actually somewhat traumatized.’
He laughs. ‘You’ll deal. But now that you ask we can take a tour of your new home, I’ve been waiting for you to ask.’
‘Why?’
“Because after coming into the afterlife, we tend to stick around to watch over our loved ones and we can’t seem to grasp of the idea of being gone. It’s hard, the first year is the hardest but after a while we tend to find other things to keep entertain.’
I nod.
‘But with you, you seem to grow to the idea of being gone better then I did.’
‘How old were you when you passed?’ I ask
‘I was 50 years-old.’ he smiles.
‘Did you have a family?’
‘At one time I did, but my wife passed away before me and my two kids were taken away from me. I had given up on my life. To me life wasn’t meant to be lived without my family, but one day I thought about how disappointed my wife would have in me to give up on everything. So I got better, but two year after getting my life together I was involve in a car accident and died on the scene.’
I nod. ‘Did you ever see your kids?’
He smiles. ‘Yes, I did. I still go see them, my son reminded me of you at one point he was always getting into some kind of trouble but he’s grown up to be amazing father, grandfather and great-grandfather. I’m proud of the two of them.’
I smile. ‘So how long ago did you passed?’
he sighs thoughtfully. “let’s see you’re 29, I was assigned to you when you were conceive so that 30 years ago, I was born in 1895 and I passed in 1945 we’re in 2010, so 65 years ago.’
I nod. ‘Have you seen your wife and kids?’
‘I always do.’ he smiles
I smile back. ‘So how about we take this tour around my new home.’
‘Let’s go. I have a lot to show you.’

I watch in amazement and laugh.
‘That girl has a mouth on her.’
I laugh harder. ‘Come on, Thomas. She’s pushing a baby out.’
He shakes his head. ‘I’m glad I wasn’t in the room when my wife had both kids.’
We watch on…
“I fuckin’ hate you, JOREL!” Desiree screams. “No more sex.” she glares at him
He sighs. “Come on, baby it almost time.”
She throws her head back and breathes heavily. “It hurts, please give me something to take this fuckin pain away.” she ask the nurse
“I’m sorry, honey. You’re fully dilated and you’re going to start pushing so it’s too late for it.” the poor nurse says.
Desiree groans. “I’m not having another baby, if you get me pregnant again I’m cutting your dick off. Got it, Decker?”
“Yes, baby.” he kisses her forehead.
“Alright Desiree, let’s get to start pushing.” the doctor says.
After 30 minutes of pushing, Jay and Desiree welcomed Aubrey Lee Decker on August 10, 2010 at 3:45am. She’s a beautiful 19 inches and 7 lbs. and 5 oz baby girl.
As I watch both Desi and Jay gushing over they’re baby, I felt an itch on my back and that when I realize I have gotten my wings. I smile and look over at Thomas. He gives me two thumbs up and smiles.
‘Get ready James, this little one is going to be a heartbreaker and a troublemaker.’ he smiles
I groan and smirk. ‘I’m up for it.’
He nods. ‘I’m just kidding, she’s going to be angel. Just to give you a heads up, she’s going to have every one of those guys wrapped around her little pinky. Between Jay, Matt, Gary, Zacky and Brian they’re going to have a very hard time saying no to her. Then there are all the other guys like Johnny, the Berry boys, Dillon and such well easily give into her’
I laugh. ‘Oh I believe it. If she has Desi personally and charisma they’re in trouble.’ I smile down at Desiree as she cries happily about her beautiful baby girl, then that’s when I realize I was crying myself and Desiree looks up at me. I look into her eyes and smile but for some reason it felt like she was able to see me because she smile back.
Jay looks up and back down at her. “What is it, babe?”
She smiles at him. “I felt water drop on my cheek.”
He smiles back.
Desiree looks back down at Aubrey. “Hi mamas, you have so many people that want to meet you tomorrow but for tonight it’s you, your daddy, mommy and your uncle Jimmy. I know your uncle Jimmy is watching over you, babes. He’s your angel and he’s always going to protect you. “
Jay kisses her cheek and kisses Aubrey on her little forehead. “I’m sure he’s very proud of you.”
She nods and sighs contently.
I smile. ‘It’s like she saw me.’
‘She did.’
‘How?’
He shrugs. ‘It’s how the big man works. He knows she means a lot to you and he wanted to be sure she know that you well always be there.’
‘I’m glad. So let’s give them some time with the adorable Aubrey to themselves. Let’s go chase some stallion ducks.’
He laughs. ‘Really?’
‘Yes, now come on.’
‘Alright. But we can’t get caught.’
‘Dude seriously, God run this place he knows what were going to do before we do it.’ I smirk.
Thomas laughs. ‘Welcome home, Jimmy.’
I smile. ‘It’s good to be home.’ I take a look back at Desi and Jay with Aubrey in his arms. Desi looks in my direction and smiles wide. ‘I love you, Jimbo.’ she mouths at me
‘I love you too, cookie.’ I smile back.

3 months later…
I smile down at her. ‘Hi beautiful.’ I caress her little face. She smiles back at me. ‘You’re going to be a little heartbreaker like your mom, and that’s going to be a thorn on your dad side.’ I chuckles and she continues smiling. She grabs my finger in her little hand, she coos at me. ‘You’re my little angel. Don’t give your daddy and your uncles such a hard time.’ she just continues to smile.
“Who are you smiling, babes?” Desi ask Aubrey. “Are you talking to your uncle Jimmy?” Aubrey coos. Desi giggles. “Well then, tell your uncle Jimmy hi for me and that I miss and love him very much.” She picks Aubrey up and walks out of the nursery. “I love you, Jimmy.” she looks around the room.
‘I love you both, angels of mine.’ I smile