Mental Breakdown

Warped

His mind was warped from that day, the day his best friend died in front of him. The person who understood him most, who cared enough to take him under his wing when no one else would.

Zack did, and Zack died serving that purpose, serving the duty of SOLDIER. The fragile state of Cloud's mind warped the blonde's thoughts. The raven-haired man dying did it to his mental well being.

"I'm Cloud Strife, SOLDIER First Class," the blonde would repeat mechanically. Zack was a SOLDIER First Class. Cloud's mind mingled his position in the ranks with his own, Zack's experiences with his.

He had a fragile mindset from the loss of mako, his addiction leaving him weak and vulnerable.

His rank was a lie, his made up life he had tangled in his brain a lie. But the word vomit spurted up like a need. A want. He wanted to be that. To be First Class.

He realized a few years later he'd be caught, and gave up lying to everyone. Lying to himself, his friends, coworkers.

It was all a lie, starting from when his best friend died, defending SOLDIER, and his honor.
♠ ♠ ♠
So clearly I'm not good at writing a lot of words within fifteen minutes unless I really know where it is going.
I hope this makes sense, and doesn't confuse anyone.