Status: New Chapter 24 Part 2 up Laptop revived yay! Getting to it as soon as I can

Speech Is Silver, but Silence Is Golden

An Ugly Shade of Green

My heart was pounding in my ears, my eyes widened in fear as I saw the two heavy boys drawing closer. I stumbled backwards, nearly falling over the book I had dropped. Watching them closely, I heard the high-pitched voice ringing in my ears, asking once again.

“What do you think you’re doing with Draco?!”

My breath came out in quick huffs, the adrenalin rushing through my veins, causing my senses to heighten. Dread filled my limbs and I closed my eyes as my back hit the cold wall.

“Do you really think he would want something like you?” A gruesome laugh rang through the whole corridor. “You, a filthy little blood traitor.”

I opened my eyes, Crabbe and Goyle standing right in front of me, cracking their knuckles, while Pansy was standing behind them, smirking smugly, her eyes shining angrily.

My legs began to tingle. I wanted to run, but the opening was too small. Crabbe would easily catch me before I had even taken two steps. There was only one remaining possibility.

“Don’t call me a blood traitor!” I objected hoping to sound firm. But the slight tremble in my voice was unmissable. However, it bought me some time, Pansy occupied with smirking coldly and planning her next step to make me suffer.

I let my hand slide slowly into my cloak, careful that no one was watching. Crabbe and Goyle were laughing dumbly and I gulped as my fingers touched the wood of my wand.

“Why shouldn’t I? You’re just as worthless-“ Before I could pull out my wand, another voice rang out, interrupting Pansy’s insult. Her eyes widened in surprise and shock and she froze.

“What is going on here?” the familiar voice demanded to know. I took the opportunity to pull my wand out and pointed it at Crabbe, who had, just as Goyle, turned his back towards me. They were staring nervously at the person descending the few steps.

Cold, grey eyes scanned the situation and understanding dawned on him quickly. His voice was even colder than the look he sent in Pansy’s direction.

“I suggest you leave. Now!” he bellowed and Pansy flinched, before hurriedly hasting away, not once looking back. Crabbe and Goyle vanished as well, mumbling apologies towards Draco who only dismissed them coldheartedly.

When they were out of sight, I watched as he picked up the book I had dropped and then held it out for me, his eyes scrutinizing my face. For a moment I remained unmoving. Then, blinking, I regained my senses, put my wand away and grabbed the transfiguration book.

“Thank you.” I whispered, barely looking at him. My heart-beat was slowing down a bit and I took deep breaths trying to calm down.

“Are you…” He hesitated, averted his eyes staring down the corridor into the direction where his friends had vanished. His whole posture displayed insecurity, a rare sight to see. “alright?”

I nodded, my clothes rustling. Draco nodded as well, then his eyes took on a hard look again.

“You shouldn’t have wandered around alone.”

My eyes widened incredulously. “Are you saying this is my fault?” I stared at him, feeling insulted and angered.

He seemed surprised at my tone, his eyes widening slightly and he remained silent, knowing there was nothing to say.

An unbelieving smile stole itself on my lips. “I can’t believe…” I trailed off averting my eyes.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Draco admitted through gritted teeth. My eyes narrowed and I threw him a glare.

“They are your friends! Not that I would understand why, since they are completely brainless, but-" He interrupted my angry outbreak.

“They do my dirty work and I think for them. It’s symbioses, okay?” I laughed in a belittling way, shaking my head.

“Symbioses.” I repeated whispering while snorting lightly and felt rather than saw how his expression changed. I looked up having distinguished hurt for a fleeting moment. The anger subsided quickly and I pushed myself off the wall, standing in front of him, simply staring. His expression was unreadable, his eyes coolly staring at me, while I felt the anger vanishing, leaving a small void behind, which seemed to absorb my breaths.

After a moment I extended my hand and grabbed his, trying hard to ignore the pulling feeling in my stomach. Intertwining our fingers I waited for him to return the gesture. He seemed surprised, his grey eyes widened, but then grabbed my hand, his longer, paler fingers enclosing mine.

I smiled weakly and started to walk down the hallway. He caught up with me quickly, our steps echoing loudly from the walls. Overhead Peeves floated by, throwing curious glances in our direction, but remaining silent. Draco seemed confused, but I knew the sole reason why the poltergeist remained silent was the Bloody Baron.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay a short chapter again. I hope you liked it... sorry for the slow update, but I'm busy right now and I was wasting time today again, watchin Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in one go... instead of doing my 15 pages essay which is important for my A-levels *sigh*... seriously I need to get a grip on myself sometimes... Comment and subscribe please :D