Getting Caught at the Wrong Time is the Worst Thing a Girl Can Do

I've loved and lost

January 1, 2004 12:00am

"Happy New Year!" we all yelled in unison as the ball finally dropped.

Everyone was cheering their bottles, cups, and cans giving a toast for the brand new year and I smiled happily across the crowded living room to my boyfriend of 6 months, Ryan Ross. He took a sip of his coke, only being 17 and not being able to drink alcohol. Noticing me smiling at him, he smiled back and I walked over to him.

As I stood up in front of him, he pulled me to sit on my lap and said, “Happy New Year, Sara."

"Happy New Year, Ryan." I said happily before giving him his first kiss of the New Year.

"Thank you." he said happily.

"You're welcome."I said while resting my head on the crook of his neck.

"Tired?"He asked.

"Kind of."I answered.

"I'll take you home. Just let me put my dad in bed and we'll go." he told me as he helped me get off of him.

"Okay. I'll meet you outside then." I told him as he stood up.

"Okay." he said and with that he walked over to his drunken dad who was sitting tiredly on his chair with a half full beer bottle.

Mr. Ross wasn't that bad of a man and sure as hell wasn't like those other alcoholic dads.
He never hit him or abused him in any way and I felt so bad for Ryan. Ever since his parents divorced it's just been him and his dad, but then Spencer came into the picture and made everything better. Then comes me and then the other guys, so we're his family away from home, but he's such a good guy taking care of his dad. Ryan acts like he's the father more than his dad.

While Ryan put his dad to bed, I gave my hugs and good-byes to all of our friends that were there and as I walked outside, I felt comforting arms around my waist. I knew these
belonged to my love.

"Ready to go?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yeah." I answered.

We walked out with Ryan's arms still wrapped around my waist to his 1989 Mustang.
Getting in, he shut the door for me and then got in. He started the car and we started to drive off to my house that was only a few streets down.

"So, what's your New Year's Resolution?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Go into college." he told me.

"That's not a New Year's resolution, Silly Goose. That's part of a successful life." I corrected him.

"Oh, yeah. Well, what's your New Year's resolution?" he asked me.

"I don't know. I don't make resolutions. Maybe fuck as many guys as I can this year."I said jokingly, but obviously he didn't get it because he stopped the car in the middle of the road and asked me angrily, "What the hell, Sara? So, you're going to be a fucking whore this year?"

"I was just kidding, Ryan. I could never cheat on you, babe," I told him before giving him a comforting kiss."Besides, you out of all people should know that I'm a girl with morals, and having sex with one guys that I truly love with all of my heart is one of them."

"Yeah, I guess I should of known." he said while scratching the back of his head before he started to drive again.

"Note to self: Don't joke around like that to Ryan ever again." I thought to myself, realizing how bad of a joke it really was.

We soon made it to my house and the house was dark except for the light on the outside. I sighed knowing that I had to go in, but I didn't want to.

"So, I guess I'll see you later." he said while looking at me with his beautiful honey, brown eyes.

"Yeah, I'll see you later." I said while going in for a kiss.

This innocent little kiss turned into making out, but by my choice. I didn't want to leave Ryan. At least not yet. As we kissed he put his hand on my own and pulled it towards his body, around his neck.

"I guess he wants me to stay a little longer also." I thought to myself as I began to play with his hair.

I smiled happily in my mind that he didn't want me to go and knew where this was going. While we were breathing after every 20 seconds, we stripped off our clothes. Both of our bodies full of adrenaline and so close together. He pulled away and asked me breathy, “Do you truly love me with all of your heart?"

"Ryan, I love you with every being that I am." I told him in the same voice.

"Good, I love you too." he said with a huge smile at the end.

"With all of your heart?" I asked.

"More than you could imagine." he answered.

I probably looked like an idiot with the smile I had on my face and pulled him into me, kissing him passionately.

Let’s get these teen hearts beating faster, faster.

March 12, 2003 7:00pm

Tonight was the Homecoming dance and Ryan was suppose to be my date. I think my mom was more excited about this dance than I was. Well, then again, my mom loves Ryan. Treats him as if we were already married. I guess since my dad died a few years ago, she needs this happiness.

"Oh, where is that boy? It's already 7:01." she said impatiently while looking at her watch.

"Don't worry mom, he's coming." I told her while trying to calm her down and right after I told her that, the door bell rang.

My mother excitedly opened the door and let in George Ryan.

He looked so handsome in his black suit with a rose tucked inside his pocket. He was holding a glass container that was probably holding my corsage.

"Hello, Mrs. Johnson." he said.

"Hello, Ryan. Sara's in the living room." she told him.

After he took only about 7 steps I was already giving him a huge hug.

"You look beautiful." he said while looking at me up and down at my black, strapless corset dress.

"Thank you," I said blushing a little."You don't look to bad yourself."

"Thank you." he said smiling.

That boy with his boyish charm. When he becomes famous, I'll have to fight off all of his girl fans

"Oh, and I got you something." he said holding out the glass case. It showed a beautiful black corsage with red roses on it and a diamond in the middle of all of them.

"Oh my gosh, Ryan. This is beautiful."I said as he put it on my wrist.

"I just thought I should give you something beautiful for my something beautiful." he told me.

"Oh, thank you so much."I said happily giving him a hug.

"You guys looks so adorable together. Let me take some pictures of you guys." she told us.
A few hundred pictures later, we finally made it to the dance and tonight is definitely going to be a night to forget remember.

**3 hours later**
I was dancing with Ryan, and I was starting to feel really tired and hot. Eh, what do you expect when you're dancing in a crowd of people for hours on?

"Ryan, I'm going to sit out for a while. It's getting really hot." I told him over the loud music.

"Okay, let me join you. I agree." he said.

I grabbed his hand and we both walked out of the crowd of people over to an empty table.

"I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want one?" he asked.

"Yes please." I answered.

"Okay, I'll be back." he said before kissing me on the forehead and walking away.

I sat there looking at Ryan walk over to where the drinks are when a guy came up to me, tapping me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Matt. He sits next to me in art class, plus he's the biggest man-whore in school.

"Hey, Matt. Enjoying the dance?" I asked.

"Yeah." he answered as he sat down next to me.

"That's cool." I said turning to face him.

"So, where's Ryan?" he asked.

"Getting me a drink." I answered.

"Oh, so how does a dork like him get a girl as beautiful as you?" he asked me as he put his hand on my face, but I slapped it away.

"Because he's not a complete man-whore like you are and can actually handle relationships, unlike you." I answered while getting up.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down, sitting on his lap.

"Ugh, get off of me, you fucking pervert." I ordered him as I tried to get up.

"No, I don't think you're right about Ryan. I mean look at him." he told me as made me turn around to see Ryan talking to some girl holding mine and his drinks, but he gave it to the other girl. They were talking about something and then he put his arm around her waist.

"No, he couldn't be cheating on me. Not when he knows I could see him."This was confusing me."Could my eyes be deceiving me? You better not be deceiving me eyes." I tried to focus my eyes in the dark. They all of a sudden walked away, out of my sight.

"That wasn't Ryan." I told him.

"Oh, yes it was." Matt told me.

I felt hurt and fooled. He hurt me, so badly. Pushing myself away from Matt, I walked out of the ballroom where we were having homecoming and sat outside on a curb. Hugging my legs and letting my tears flow out, I all of a sudden heard someone sit next to me.

"I thought he loved me more than I could imagine, but I guess I was wrong." I thought to myself as tears began to run down from my eyes.

"I'm sorry about Ryan cheating on you." he said.

It was Matt. I really didn't want to hear him right now. Not after I had my heart torn to pieces.

Turning my head away from his voice, Matt put his hand on my back, rubbing it like Ryan would when I cry around him.

"If I was him, I wouldn't of done that to you." he told me.

"That's bull shit, Matt. Everyone knows you're a man-whore." I told him angrily.

"Well, at least I know that I wouldn't cheat on someone as beautiful as you." he told me, which caused me to turn to face him.

"Come on, I'll drive you home." he said while standing up and holding out his hand.
I took it and stood up. He took of his coat and put it over my shoulders.

"Thanks."I said weakly.

"No problem." he said as he walked me to his car.

We got into his car and he put the keys in the ignition, but he didn't start the car.

"Again, I'm sorry for what Ryan did to you." he told me.

"Ugh, it's okay. Now can we please just go." I said while looking out the window.

There still was no sound of the car starting, but I had the feeling of a hand rubbing up my leg.

"What the hell, Matt. Let's just go." I said looking at him angrily.

"Not until I get a kiss." he told me.

"Ugh, I'm not in the mood for this right now." I told him bitterly.

"Oh, come on. Just one kiss." he told me.

"Fine, if it gets you to start the car and drive me home." I told him angrily and kissed him on the lips only to be tricked.

I tried to push him off of me, but he was too strong. His weight on top of mine was too great and then all of a sudden someone opened the door.

"What the fuck, Sara?" I heard Ryan ask angrily.
Matt looked up and said, "She's over you, Ryan. Now she's with me."

"No, Ryan don't listen to him." I pleaded, but Matt put his lips on mine.
It hurt me to see Ryan with his angry and sad eyes.

"You fucking slut. I knew you weren't kidding about your new year's resolution. I hope you die.” he told me angrily before slamming the door.

I fought my way out of this and bit his lip, causing him to bleed and he got off of me. As quick as I could I ran out of the car and ran after Ryan, screaming his name and telling him to wait, but he just ignores me. He got in his car and I banged on his windows. He rolled it down and told me, “It’s too late. Sweetie, you had me." With that he drove off leaving me alone and to call my mom to take me home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped you enjoyed my story. It's not really what many people expect, but I think the ex-girlfriend deserves a word in this and decided to take her side on this one. Thanks for reading and comment if you like or dislike it.