‹ Prequel: Tell Me When it's Time
Status: finished!

To Say I Love You

Lost In This Moment With You

(No One's POV)
Today was the day they were waiting for.
Billie was finishing up his appearance with the help of Mike and Tre. He wanted to be perfect for his love. Billie had decided the night before that he would die his hair back to black because that's what color it was when he had fallen in love with Lillie.
"Hey, Beej, we better get going before you're late," Mike stated as Tre and I walked towards the door.
We drove off to the church and met up with Jakob, Adrienne, and Ryder.
"Billwie!" Ryder exclaimed, running over to me.
"Hey, buddy," I said, kneeling down so I could embrace him in a hug.
"Billwie, I love you," he said, shocking the raven haired groom.
Billie stayed quiet for a second before squeezing Ryder tighter to him and said,"I love you, too, little buddy."

Lillie was with her mom and best friends as she was getting ready herself. Adrienne had pushed back her hatred for Billie over the past two years and decided that she would let him marry her daughter. Adie had also dressed Ryder up in a tuxedo and sent Jakob to keep the young child busy.
"Lillie, are you ready?" Adrienne asked her daughter softly as she placed the veil on top of her head.
"As ready as I'll ever be," Lillie softly replied, a small smile appearing on her face.
Adrienne embraced her daughter in a hug before everyone, except for Joey, left the room. Joey walked over to her and took both her hands in his, a smile of happiness and a little hint of sadness on his face. Even though he would rather of had his sister marry Jimmy today than his father, he knew that Billie would take care of her.
"I know you may not hear this a lot from me, but I really am proud of you, sis," Joey said. "You've been through a lot, and none of it has knocked you down. And you're still fighting, and that's what makes me look up to you."
Lillie gave him a warm smile and hugged him.
"I'm proud of you, too, Joey," Lillie whispered in his ear to hide back her tears of happiness before they headed downstairs.

Billie stared in admiration at the isle as he waited for the wedding to start. As if someone read his mind, the piano began to play and the flower girl walked down the isle, scattering rose petals along the carpet. Everyone sttod as Joey began to walk Lillie down the isle.
Her dress was as beautiful as can be on her, but she was the only thing that Billie could see. He didn't care about anyone else, all he cared about at that moment was how beautiful Lillie was. He was waiting his whole life for this moment, and as soon as he realized that, a couple tears escaped his eyes. He quickly wiped away the tears before she was right in front of him.
Everyone sat down as Joey planted a kiss on Lillie's hand and took a seat beside his brother. Billie took her hands in his and lead her to face him then slowly lifted the veil over her head. He realized that she had dyed her hair back to black as well, causing him to smile. He caressed her hands in his as the minister said a prayer and began his statement about commitment, love, and devotion.
"And now, Billie Joe would like to say vows of his own."

"Lillie, I really don't know how long it has been since I've felt this way about you. Maybe since you collapsed that night when I caught you just in time and you looked into my eyes before you passed out, or maybe it was when you cried in my arms earlier that night when I told you your mother and I were divorcing. When you had left, I fell into depression and wanted to die, and it was only because I couldn't hold you in my arms every night. And I didn't realize how I felt about you until it was too late. I never told you this before, but before Jimmy was buried, I made a promise to him that I would take care of you for him. I knew then that you couldn't possibly love me as much as you loved Jimmy, and I know that today, and yet I'm here with you today. And starting today, I will love you enough for the both of us," Billie stated, almost choking on tears as he stated the last sentence, a few tears escaping his eyes. Mike handed him the ring and he slid it up her third finger on her left hand. "And with this ring, I symbolize my love and devotion to you, and only you."
His heart was beating out of time as he retuned his hands in her's.
"And now Lillie wil say her vows."

"Billie, I've known what I've felt for you for a while now, but that four years ago when I was leaving, I was still trying to hold on to the life that Jimmy and I could have had, and I rejected you. But the feelings I had for were still there from before. I loved you, I even told you, but never once told me that you loved me. So I locked it up deep inside me and fell in love with Jimmy. And when he died, you were there for me the whole time. You did your best to help me heal, and for that, I am eternally grateful. All you ever did was love me, and I had broke your heart. We started to bond again, but we were forbiddon to see each other, and when you defied my mother and walked over and told me that you loved me, you unlocked the love that was trapped inside of me. Since that day, I have refallen in love with you. And to know that you understand how much I love Jimmy, and still love me as much as you do, makes you a better man than anyone could possiably be," Lillie stated and, like Billie, was hardly able to get out the last couple words. She took the ring from Tre and slid the silver band up his third finger on his left hand. "And with this ring, I devote the rest of my life to giving you the love and care that you deserve."

"If anyone objects to these two to wed, please do so know or forever hold your peace," the minister said. No one spoke, for they knew that they needed each other to heal their wounds and bend their broken hearts with one another, thus giving the two their blessing. "Billie Joe, Lillie, with the state of California, and the power upon me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."
Billie Joe caressed Lillie's head in his hands and softly pressed his lips to her's as they sealed their love with a kiss whilst everyone stood and clapped, a few whistles comming from people, as others had tears falling from their eyes. His arms wrapped around her waist and her arms wrapped around his neck as he pulled her closer to him.
"Lillie, I want you to know that I meant everything I said. I love you, honey," Billie whispered in her ear before planting a kiss on her cheek. "Always have, and always will."
"I know, Billie. I did too," Lillie said. "And I love you, too."
Billie gently pressed his lips to her's before making their way down the confetti and rose petal covered isle and to the reception.