‹ Prequel: Tell Me When it's Time
Status: finished!

To Say I Love You

Speechless And Redundant

I smiled when she said my name.
The game on the telvision came to an end on the television.
"Ha, I just totally kicked your ass, Dad!" Jakob exclaimed.
"Jakob Danger Armstrong, where did you learn to talk like that?!" I scolded. It stayed silent for a couple minutes before we all burst into laughter.
Once again, the baby beagan to cry, bringing my attention back to the girl holding the baby.
"Okay, okay, I'll go feed you now," the young girl said, walking off into the kitchen.
"You wanna play again?" Joey asked.
Joey made me proud to be his father. He wasn't one of those dipshit son's who defied their father every chance they got. No, at 18 he's graduating high school and is going to collage on a scholarship.
Joey questioningly looked at me with his chocolate brown eyes and his blond and black bangs hanging partially in his face.
"Yeah, um, can I get some water?" I asked.
"Sure, it's in the kitchen," Jakob stated. "Feel free to whatever you want."
I walked off into the kitchen to find her sitting in a chair at the table as she bottle fed the baby. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water.
"Is that your brother?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.
"No," she simply replied, keeping her eyes on the baby.
"Who's baby is it?" I asked.
"Mine," she replied, taking her eyes from the baby to meet my gaze. "And what right do you have just comming here out of nowhere?"
"I didn't just come here because I wanted to piss you, or anyone else, off. I came here because I was invited to spend some quality time with my son's," I stated angrilly.
I couldn't believe she had a baby and no one bothered to tell me.
"He's not your baby, Billie," she stated, knowing what I was thinking.
I swallowed. "What's his name?"
"Ryder. His name is Ryder," she replied.
"That's a nice name," I said, "how old is he?"
"Two."
Baby Ryder yawned as he started to fall asleep in her arms.
"If you will excuse me, I'm going to go put him down for a nap," she stated, starting to walk away from me.
"Let me help you," I said quickly, softly grabbing her arm. The feel of her warm skin against the palm of my hand felt so familiar and soothing to my soul.
"I've been doing it for the past two years with no one's help," she stated, slapping my hand from her arm. "I don't need your help, nor do I want it."
She then walked away, leaving me speechless. I took a swig of the water that I had in my hand as I headed back into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
T.C: Redundant, Green Day