Status: comment and active

Midnight Horrors

She awake?

“She awake?” asked Sam when Dean came back down from the room Billie was asleep in. She’d been passed out for the past two days and even though her pulse was steady the brothers were beginning to get worried about her. Dean shook his head a grim look across his face. They’d been washing and re-bandaging her wounds daily. Bobby had kept his head buried in work trying not to get in the way of the brothers in-case one of them snapped. I.e. Dean. It had only been a couple of days but both Bobby and Sam could tell he was close to breaking point so they both made sure to stay out of his way. Dean poured himself a glass of whiskey and downed it in one. The liquid burning his throat on it’s way down to his stomach. Dean watched Maud die with his own eyes but something didn’t feel right. In his gut he could tell. It was a feeling he’d never ignored before because it was always right. Well most of the time anyway.

“Nope. Not even a muscle”

“Uh” Sam looked to Bobby who shook his head but Dean caught it

“What?”

“Nothing we just uh..” Sam trailed off and looked back to Bobby for help. Bobby let out a sigh and set the book he was reading down

“Some of the guys I sent to help you well they had a slight problem and a few demons got away. I didn’t think anything of it until this morning”

“What happened this morning?” Dean poured himself another glass and downed it preparing himself for the bad news.

“Well one of the guys were tracking them and uh he ain’t sure completely but he might have seen some kind of conjuring spell being done”

“He thinks they’re trying to bring back Maud?” Dean growled making Bobby shake his head with a sigh

“I didn’t say that Dean-”

“But it was implied, what the hell Bobby why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Because you’ve been so worried about Billie these past few days that I didn’t want to put any more weight on your shoulders boy. Now quit your worrying and sit down. Nothin’s gonna get her while she’s here” Dean fell back onto the old sofa next to his brother and ran his hands over his face with a deep sigh. Suddenly there was a loud thump from upstairs and all three men looked at each other before jumping ot their feet and running upstairs. The first thing they heard was a very audible

“Ah fuck” all three let out a quiet chuckle and Dean rushed into Billie’s room to see the girl sitting on the floor clutching her arm a look of pain across her face. He rushed to her side and she looked up at him and sat for a few seconds before she flung herself at him burying her head into his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's a bit of a filler chapter
Comment, subscribe