Sequel: Hey Dreamer
Status: Complete.

To Go From There

Chapter Thirty

“Where are you going?” Dad asked as I threw stuff into my suitcase quickly as I could. I had a few choice words for Rhys and I wasn’t going to let it out now.

“Seattle.”

“What? WHY?”

“That’s where Rhys is,” I stated, zipping the case shut. I hauled it up off the bed, grabbed my CD case and headed down the stairs to the garage.

“And you’re just going to drive to Seattle… why?”

I stopped and turned towards my father.

“Because, he just left and I’m not about to just take that and never see him again. He owes me an explanation, goddamn it!”

“You’re going to miss school,” Dad mentioned.

“Fuck school! It’s my senior year. I don’t have any important classes.”

“Kiernan, this is stupid.”

“No! What is stupid is a boy who’s pretty important to me leaving without telling me. What’s stupid is that I didn’t know he was leaving despite the hints he left. What’s stupid is that it took me this long to go see him and find out that he left. Now I have to go kick that boy’s ass for ditching me when I needed him.”

“Kiernan, you can’t.”

“No, you’re wrong. I can. That boy has been just about everything to me for the past few months, and I am not letting him get away so easily. I’ve got a few things to say to Rhys. And I’m not going to be satisfied until he’s heard everything little thing. You can’t stop me, I’ll see you soon.”

I hurried down the rest of the stairs, grabbed my keys off the hook and headed towards the Taurus. I threw my stuff into the back and started the car up, running back upstairs for my wallet.

“Kiernan!” Dad barked.

“You heard me. You can’t stop me!”

And with that, I raced into the garage, easily pushed the garage door up and out of the way before climbing into my car. Cross country trip in a less than reliable car to see a boy? Yeah, I was crazy. But I had to know why he was gone, why he left when I needed him. And what did he mean when he said, “I don’t think you’ll have to worry about him again”? What had he done? He got himself into some trouble, and I can bet, based on what he did to Lydia’s pervert teacher, that he beat the hell out of Kellen. Now I’m not 100% against eye for an eye but honestly, if whatever Rhys did got him sent away, I’m not gonna support that.

I backed out of the garage and turned on the GPS. I input the address the old lady gave me and my starting address. The map of Pacific Bay popped up on the screen, showing me a red line of which way to go.

I took a deep breath, and pulled out onto my street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhh, yes. Kiernan's rebellious/determined side comes out.
What made Rhys move away? Leave me your thoughts in the comments. :)

xoxo,
Your Backroad Eyes