My Only One

Realizations

Ryan's Point of View

I sat in the living room thinking about what I should do. There was no avoiding this so I wanted to be prepared, not only for her but for me also. I didn't want to be apart from her anymore than she wanted to be away from me. I had to figure out a way to let her know we'd be okay. When I signed my first record deal, all we did was fight. We fought about everything and then as quickly as it started it stopped. Jenna got into the school she always wanted to go to and we decided to split amicably. She had her thing and I had mine. After a couple minutes I came up with an idea that would at least ease the situation. I went upstairs and left a note on my nightstand next to Jenna. I kissed her forehead and then I left to put my plan into action.

* * *

I woke to feeling Otis trying to get free from the covers. I lifted them enough for him to crawl out. He crawled out and went to the other side of the bed. I noticed a piece of paper on the nightstand. It wasn't there before. I picked it up and read it.

I had to run an errand real quick. I'll be back later. I love you.

I sighed and put the piece of paper back where it was. I got out of bed and used the bathroom. Then I went downstairs and sat on the couch. Sarah wasn't here. I took my cell out of my bag and called Ryan.

"So sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up?"

"Shut up! I wasn't asleep that long."

"Yeah, I know."

"What are you doing?"

"Maybe something, maybe nothing. You'll have to wait to see."

"When are you coming home?"

"In about...an hour."

"What? What are you doing that's taking that long?"

"I can't tell you that." I could hear a guy in the background asking him something about silver or gold. "Hey baby, I gotta go. I should be home soon. I love you."

"I love you, too, Ry." We both hung up. I wonder what he's doing and where he is. Whoa, I just almost turned into that girl. That was crazy. I grabbed Ryan's laptop off the table and turned it on. I wasn't about to go through his documents and everything...really. I went to Blake's clothing website. He had a blog on there. In the news section, he announced he was taking a short break from clothes and shows. Details could be read in his blog so I clicked the link to his blog. It was dated around the time he left.

It's been a couple days since I got home from California. It wasn't the best trip ever. I just came home to realize that I had lost some very dear and close to me. Although that person is still alive, I feel like I've lost my inspiration to do what I do. Everything I did, I did it with them in mind. To keep this short and simple, Vengeance is taking a break. No new stuff until I get back on my feet. No new shows either. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone. We'll be in touch soon.

- B


I scanned through the comments. People were pretty much telling him to not leave and quit. Then I saw one that really caught my attention.

B, don't even worry about her. Sooner or later she'll realize what she gave up. She'll regret it. I know she will. Stay strong bro.

The person signed it B2. I knew that was his little brother, Bryce. Things would probably be different had I known this. I don't know if we would still be together but things would be different. I sighed and shut Ryan's laptop. I wanted to call Blake but I knew not to. So I pushed my feelings aside and turned on the TV and waited for Ryan to come home.

***

Ryan's Point of View

I still couldn't get over the fact that Jenna called my house home. She could have said 'when are you coming back' but instead she said 'when are you coming home.' It made me happy to be honest. I parked my car in the garage and went inside. Jenna was sitting on the couch watching some show on the Discovery Channel.

"What in the world are you watching?" I asked her as I sat next to her and watched what she was. On the show, furniture was being thrown around a room and people were screaming. I lowered my eyebrows in confusion and put my hand on her knee.

"A Haunting, it's about people who have paranormal experiences."

"Hmm, awkward." I reached over to the side of her and took the remote. I shut the TV off. "Can we talk for a minute?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I just want to know how you're feeling about me leaving soon."

"Well I don't feel good about it but it's your job. You gotta do it." She shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, I'll have my job to keep me distracted."

Her respond could only mean one of two things, it hasn't sunk in yet or she's really okay with it. I would like to believe the latter but something is telling me not to.

"Are you sure that's it?"

She thought for a moment and then shook her head. "No. I'm sure it's not but I don't want to think about it at this moment. I just want to focus on the time we do have together."

"Okay, we can do that," I said and kissed her forehead. She stood up and excused herself saying she had to make a phone call. I nodded my head and watched her go upstairs. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV back on. After half an hour, I went upstairs. Jenna was sitting on my bed and she was crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat next to her.

"Nothing."

"Nothing's not wrong."

"I just can't tell you!" she told me and walked out.