My Only One

I'm Fighting For Us

Ryan's point of view

I grabbed her just before she walked out the door.

"Jenna, what is wrong?"

"Just give me a minute alone, okay?" She tried pushing my hands off her waist.

"All right," I said and let her go, "but only a minute." She stepped outside and shut the front door behind her. I knew she wasn't going anywhere, I drove. Knowing I shouldn't do this, I checked the calls on her phone. Her last outgoing call was to Blake. It was approximately twenty minutes long. That got me thinking. Maybe I'm not what she wants. Maybe she's having second thoughts about me and him, like she chose the wrong person...me. I shut her phone and set it back down. Jenna came back inside after a couple minutes of cooling off. She wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I love you, Ryan."

"I love you, too. Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I just...I just did something I wish I hadn't. That's all."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Ryan." She was starting to get annoyed.

"Okay, I'm just making sure so you can't say I don't care."

"I know," she said and looked at me. "So, what were you doing today?"

"Nothing. I can't tell you yet."

"Ugh Ryan! One day, you're going to be the death of me."

"What? Stop being the curious cat."

"No, not until you tell me what you were doing."

"I'll never tell."

"Yeah you will!"

"Well, eventually but not right now."

"Bullocks!"

"You're British now?"

"Yeah, you didn't know?"

"With you I never know."

"Ha ha! Good!"

* * *

Over the next few weeks, when I wasn't at work, Ryan and I were connected at the hip. Their leaving date was literally just around the corner. I spent my day off helping Ryan pack for a three month tour. After this tour, the boys had a month or two off and then they were planning a European tour. I would get to see Ryan for two weeks a month during this tour except the last time. That would be three weeks since I have to photograph Yellowcard. So Ryan and I would be getting to see each other quite a bit but it was all that time in between visits that had us worried. My work was okay with my visits to see Ryan. Mrs. Asher said she knew how it would be since she's had personal experience with this situation. She just wouldn't say who her personal experience was with. We got Ryan done and he set his bag on the floor near the door. I watched him as he sat next to me on his bed.

"Are you doing all right?" Ryan asked me.

I shrugged. "I'm okay." I moved further onto the bed as he got closer to me.

"Yeah," he said as he climbed on top of me. It came out as more of a question though. "Just okay?"

"Just okay," I said as he kissed my neck. Then he stopped suddenly.

"I have something for you," he said as he got up. He opened his dresser and pulled something small out. He came back and sat next to me. "Okay, so I don't want you to worry about us while I'm gone. Okay?"

"Maybe."

"I figured you were going to say something along those lines so I got you a promise ring," he said as he showed me a diamond ring. My heart leapt into my throat since it looked more like an engagement ring than a promise ring. It probably was but if that's how Ryan wants to spend his money, then who am I to tell him otherwise? I still loved it though.

"I don't know what to say," I said and looked at him. "Well yeah I do, which hand do I wear it on?"

"I think it goes on this one," he said taking my left hand and sliding the ring on my marriage finger.

"I love you so much," I said and wrapped my arms around his neck as I kissed him.

"I love you, too," he said back. The ring looked perfect where it was. "So tonight we're going out the guys and everyone else."

"Who's everyone else?"

"Charlene, Tiffany, the other girls. We get to meet Peter's new fling."

"Oh, for real? This should be interesting."

"Seriously." We could hear the front door open and LP called out to anyone in the house. "Come on," Ryan said and took my hand. He turned my ring around so the diamond was facing my palm.

"What did you do that for?" I asked him.

"They don't know about the ring. I'd rather tell them first than let them find out on their own because you know how that'll end up."

"Oh, that's understandable." We walked downstairs to see everyone waiting in the living room. Everyone really was there; Sarah, Tiffany, Charlene, Melissa...everyone.

"Are you guys ready?" LP asked.

"Yeah," Ryan answered. He switched hands with me so he could hide the ring better. I much rather would have taken his arm like I normally do but you can't win them all.

* * *

It only took someone about half the night to see the ring. We were in the middle of eating ice cream when Tiffany spit her rocky road everywhere.

"You and Ryan are getting married?" she damn near shouted drawing attention to me and Ryan.

"No," I said and looked down at my chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

"That does not look like a 'no, I'm not getting married' ring." Tiffany grabbed my hand and looked at the ring. "Oh you guys are so getting married."

"We're not actually," Ryan finally spoke. "It's just a promise ring."

"So in other words, you're just waiting until you get a better ring to ask her?" Tiffany asked.

"No, in other words, I made a promise to her that I wouldn't fall in love with anyone else while I'm on this tour."

"Aww, that's cute. By the time you guys do get married, she'll probably have a million promise rings," Kat, Peter's new "friend" said.

Ryan shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe."

"Well good for you two," Tiffany said and then stared at Sean. Sean pretended not to see her glare.

* * *

The day finally came. Ryan and I sat on the couch waiting for someone to come get him.

"You're going to be okay," Ryan said as he hugged me.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I just know. It's only going to be a few days."

"Ryan, a few days to you is nothing. To me, it's a long time."

"Just trust me on this." So far all day I hadn't shed a single tear, not until I heard that knock on the door.

"Ryan don't!" I said and grabbed his arm so he couldn't get to the door.

"Jenna, come on, let go."

"No." He still managed to get free from me. He opened the door to find Sean.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, just give me a second," Ryan said and turned to me. Sean stepped inside and waited by the door.

"I really don't want you to go."

"I know, I don't want to go either but I have to."

"I love you."

"I love you, too," Ryan said and kissed me.

"Be careful."

"I will." Ryan gathered his stuff. "I'll call you whenever I can. I love you."

"I love you, too." I watched him through my blurred vision as he left.