My Only One

Baby Don't Give Up On Me

Ryan's point of view

After hanging up, I stared into space. I wasn’t sure what to think. I thought we were doing just fine. I know she's new at this but she still has the ultimate power to end our relationship.

"Ryan, are you okay?" Sean asked me with a concern look on his face.

"I'm going to bed," I said and got up.

"Dude, are you okay? Is Jenna okay?"

"She's not sure if she wants to be with me anymore. Good night." Leave it to Sean to want to talk about it. He made me sit back down.

"What do you mean?"

"It's exactly how it sounds. She wants to be my girlfriend but at the same time, she doesn't want to be my girlfriend. I don't know how else to put it."

"Why?"

"She said something about being alone all the time. Look, I don't want to talk about this right now."

"Why not?"

"Because I need time to come to terms with it and figure out what I'm going to do and quite frankly, it's none of your damn business at this moment." I understand that he's trying to be helpful but before he can do that I need to come to terms with what she and I talked about. I walked away. I stripped down to my boxers before getting into my bunk. I knew sleep wouldn't come easy but I had to try anyway.

* * *

"I don't know but something's up with Ryan and his girl," I heard Sean say the next morning.

"Something like what?" Longineu asked.

"Something about them not wanting to be together." Sean probably shrugged his shoulders right about now.

"I'll call Melissa later and ask her."

"I hope they work out whatever's going on because the last time Ryan and his girlfriend broke up...so not fun times man."

"I know, right?"

I got out of my bed and threw a shirt on and went out there.

"You guys do know that I can hear you, right?" I asked them. If they’re going to talk about me the least they could do is do it to my face and not behind my back.

No one said anything. Charlene got up and ushered me to the backroom.

"What's going on with you two?"

"Who, me and Sean?"

"No, silly, you and Jenna."

"She's not sure if she wants to be with me anymore."

"Did she tell you why?"

"She's not too happy about the distance thing."

"Ryan, she's probably just freaking out. It's her first time. I freaked out the first time Ryan and I were apart and look at us now, we're married. Just talk to her again and reassure her it'll be okay."

"I'll try but I'm not promising anything."

* * *

It's been a couple days since the last time Melissa and I have talked. It's also been a couple days since Ryan and I talked. It seems like no one's talking to me anymore, except Jared. He's not as bad as I thought he would be. We went out with a group of co-workers the other night and things went rather well. But I've been thinking about Ryan a lot lately. I don't get how Charlene does it. They're always apart and yet they manage to make their marriage work. I'm apart from Ryan for one day and the world's about to end. Some people were meant to be though and maybe Ryan and I just aren't two of them. As I sat on the edge of a table, I put my hands in the pockets of Ryan's hoody and felt my promise ring. I pulled it out and stared at it.

"I didn't know you were engaged," Jared said.

"I'm not," I answered. Instead of putting it on, I shoved it into the pocket of my jeans.

"That's supposed to go on your finger, not in your pocket." I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw Ryan standing the doorway.

I got up and ran to him. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist before kissing him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get you. We got an hour to get your stuff and get on the plane. By the time we get there, it should be almost time for me to go on." He took my hand and was about to pull me out of the room.

"Ryan, wait. Why?" I stopped him.

"I'll be damned if you think for a second time that I chose my job over my relationship with you," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm not letting that happen a second time. I know better now." He took the promise ring out of my pocket and slipped it back onto my finger.

"I love you," I told him and kissed him.

"I love you, too. We gotta get going now."

"All right," I said and took his hand.

"You, by the way, look good in my shirt."

"I know. I like to keep things poppin'."

"You're a gangster now? So let me get this straight, you're a British gangster now?"

"It's G. I'm a G."

"I liked you better when you were Jenna."

"Hey!"

After telling Mrs. Asher the new last minute plans, Ryan and I drove home in my car while the one that brought Ryan to me followed behind.

"You know we're gonna have to talk about this," Ryan said glancing at me before looking back at the road.

"I know." I nodded my head. "We have a whole plane ride to do that though."

I don't think I've ever packed as quickly as I did today in my life since before I knew it we were sitting on a plane. A plane we had all to ourselves with the exception of the limited staff and Ryan's tour manager.

"You stole Jay-Z's private plane, didn't you?" I accused jokingly as I looked around. It was very glamorous to say the least. Very rockstar-ish.

"I wish," Ryan said as he sat back on one of the couches. Yeah, that's right, a couch. I took a seat next to him while still looking around. Ryan looked like he was about to laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh at me," I told him.

"Me, laugh at you? Never."

"Whatever boo."

He moved closer to me and put his arm around me. "That talk, we gotta have it."

"I know," I said. "Do we have to do it now though? I just want to sit here with you."

"We'll talk after the show."

"Okay."

* * *

Ryan's point of view

"Hey Ryan, come on. We gotta go." I felt someone tap my leg. I opened my eyes and looked up at Greg. "We're here. We gotta get you to the venue. I'll take Jenna to the hotel."

"All right," I said and got up. Then I realized Jenna wasn't there.

"She's already waiting."

"Oh, okay." I followed Greg off the plane and saw Jenna kicking at something on the ground. She looked up at me.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty!" she shouted.

"Shut up!" I said and laughed. I took her small frame into my arms and held her for a moment. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Then we both got into separate SUVs and went our ways.