My Only One

The End

I followed Greg as he zig-zagged all over the place backstage. Despite the showing being almost over, he was still yelling things at random people about this, that and other things.

"Just go up those stairs and you'll be on the side of the stage." He pointed to a set of stairs.

"All right, thanks," I said and went for the stairs. Yellowcard got louder as I got closer. Though the show was just about over, I still wanted to come to show Ryan that I do support him and the boys. They finished "Way Away" and said goodnight even though they still had an encore to do. I hugged the guys before kissing Ryan.

"Hey, you're here," Ryan said.

"One more song! One more song!"

"Yeah, I am."

"One more song! One more song!"

"Even though the show’s almost over I appreciate you still coming."

"It's no problem," I said just before Ryan grabbed his guitar and kissed me again. He and the boys headed back out. The crowd went wild when the opening to "Ocean Avenue" started. They started singing louder than Ryan. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I wish I had my camera. It was definitely a moment worth capturing.

* * *

As soon as we were in the hotel, we were all over each other. It may have been only about two weeks but to us, that's still a long time. Well...to me it is anyway. Then just to our luck, there was a knock on the door.

"Seriously?" Ryan said as he sat up.

"Oh yeah, seriously," I said sarcastically.

"What if we say nothing and don't answer the door?"

"They know we're in here. They watched us walk in here...duh."

"You're right, damn."

As if he heard Ryan, "We know you're in there!" We heard Sean through the door. When Ryan opened the door, Sean was on the floor still attempting to yell underneath the door.

"Interesting," Ryan said.

"Were you guys busy?" Sean asked as he stood up and brushed himself off.

"A little," Ryan responded.

"Oh well," Sean shrugged and let himself into our room. Luckily Sean didn't stay too long. Ryan and I were able to pick up where we left off.

"I didn't realize how much I missed you until now," Ryan said.

"Me or my sex?" I asked and looked at him. By the look in his eyes, he realized what he said and of course he was going to make a joke out of it.

"You or your female? Isn't that the same thing?"

"Lucky save."

"I know. I'm smooth like that."

"I didn't say that much..."

"I know that's what you meant though."

"No...I can stop this just as easily as I started it."

"Aww come on now. Don't do that."

"Then you should be quiet."

"Yes m'am."

* * *
"Hey sweetheart, it's time to get up." I heard Ryan's voice ring out through the silence of our hotel room.

"Okay," I mumbled and rolled onto my back. I caught a glimpse at the clock on the table. It was exactly 5 am.

"Come on, we gotta shower and then get out on the road," Ryan said after a minute.

"I'm coming." I didn't even have to be up this early for work but Ryan was wide awake. Finally after another minute, I was up and following Ryan to the bathroom.

"You'll get used to it after a few days," Ryan told me as he turned on the shower.

"I'm sure I will," I said as I leaned against Ryan.

"Don't worry though; we'll stop for breakfast in a few hours so you can have all the coffee you want."

"I barely have coffee at work so I don't know."

"Why not?"

"I shake when I drink coffee and the shakes don't really work well when you're trying to take a photograph."

"True, well, you're not taking any pictures though."

"I will be later though," I said and looked away from him.

"Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"No reason. You just look like something's bothering you."

"It's nothing really."

"If you say so..."

* * *

I was putting film in my camera in the backroom when Charlene walked up to me. She put her hand on my lower back and peered over my shoulder.

"Whatchya doing?" she asked curiously.

"I am putting film in my camera."

"It's picture time?"

"No, I'm just getting it ready for tonight."

"That's pretty awesome. Who have you photographed so far?"

"I had a Victoria's Secret shoot earlier this week. I usually don't do models but I actually just assisted Tyra Banks."

"You met Tyra Banks? No way."

"Yeah, she's a doll. I had a shoot with Ne-Yo. He's a doll too and just for the record, he is just as hot in person."

"Ha ha sweet!"

"I have a couple shoots when I get back too."

"Do you know who?"

"I think Fall Out Boy. They're not sure of their schedule so in turn, we don't know. Um...there's also The Killers. So yeah, I'll be pretty busy when I get back."

"That's really awesome. I think maybe I should start taking some pictures. I mean, you get to photograph hot guys and I want to do that also."

"Oh trust me; it's not all fun and games. If the smallest thing falls behind, the entire shebang is behind. It's really frustrating."

"Has it happened to you?"

"Yeah, someone showed up late and that in turn made me late for a shoot I had after that which made that client mad..."

"Who was late?"

"I can't say but she might have a sister named Jessica Simpson...maybe."

"Maybe, gotchya."

Ryan came into the backroom.

"Can I talk to Jenna alone really quick?" he asked Charlene.

"Sure," Charlene said and slipped out of the room.

"What are you doing?" Ryan asked.

"Nothing," I said as Ryan pulled me onto his lap.

"Check this out," Ryan said as he reached into a bag that was on the floor.

"Check what out?" I asked cautiously. He opened up a box in front of me. Inside the black little box was a Neil Lane designed 3-carat Asscher cut diamond engagement ring. The ring itself was platinum and had small diamond details around it.

"I was totally planning on waiting until I got home to do this but you're here now and I know we haven't been together for long but we really have if you think about it."

My heart was thumping all the way in my throat as I stared at the ring. This was really about to happen. "Ryan-"

"I want to spend forever with you, marry me?"