My Only One

It's So Over

As soon as I knew for a fact that Blake was asleep, I carefully got out of the bed and got some clothes. I went across the hall and into the bathroom and started the shower. I waited a moment out of caution. Once I was sure he hadn't woken up, I took my shower and snuck out of my own apartment. Yes, I snuck out of my own apartment. Talk about a reversed one night stand. Only except that one night stand was with my boyfriend. Once I was in my car, I tried calling Ryan. I was banking on the fact that he would still be awake and I wouldn't be sitting in my car looking like an idiot. To my surprise, he was still awake. After a bit of begging, he finally agreed to meet up with me at Denny's.

* * *

"I was going to tell you soon," I told him as he slid into the booth across from me. The waitress filled his cup with coffee. He pulled the cup towards him.

"Really? Why am I finding that hard to believe?"

"Ry, I know you're mad and all and I'm sorry."

"You should be and yes, I am mad."

"I know you are but you should know that I just ditched my boyfriend for you. I screwed my boyfriend and ditched him the moment he fell asleep for you."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"Ryan," I sighed and leaned back. "I want to be with you. I really do."

You are the one; you'll never be alone again. You're more than in my head - you're more

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket just about in fear that it would be Blake. It wasn't. It was my best friend.

"Whoa. What are you doing up? Isn't it like, 2 in the morning there?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Well, I was going to leave you a message saying that my plane should be coming in around noon."

"Okay. I'll be there to pick you up."

"Can I ask, why are you up so late?"

"I really can't talk right now. I will be there to pick you up though."

"Okay. Love you."

"Okay. Love you too darling." I hung up. Ryan looked at me.

"That was him, wasn't it?"

"Actually no, it was my best friend."

"Oh. So as you were saying..."

"Yeah, I basically said it. You're the one that I want."

"What about Blake?"

"The question isn't what about Blake. It's more what do you want?"

"Well, I want to be with you too."

"So then-"

He cut me off. "But I don't want you breaking up with your boyfriend to be with me."

"I'm not happy with him though. He lives in Chicago. We see each other probably every three months. I don't want that kind of a relationship." I felt like I was trying to convince him.

"I'm in a band. I play music and travel for a living. We'd be apart a lot too."

He had a point but I still tried. "I totally understand that. I really do and I'm willing to give my all with you."

"Honestly, this all confuses me."

"Why?"

"Seriously, I don't want you breaking up with someone just for me."

"Ry, it's going to happen either way. It might as well be now than never."

"Seriously, just go home and think about it for a day or two. Okay? Will you do that for me?"

"Yeah," I said almost in a defeated whisper. We both slid out of the booth.

"Okay. I love you," Ryan said and kissed my forehead. He paid for our coffee and we walked out of there. He walked with me to my car and put his hands on my hips. He leaned over and kissed me.

"I love you, too," I whispered to him as I felt him press himself against me. I deeply inhaled the scent of his cologne and slowly breathed out.

"I'll talk to you later."

"Okay," I said and we kissed again. I got into my car and went back to my apartment where Blake was awake and waiting for me.

"Jenna-"

"Blake, just don't," I said to him and put my hand up.

"What is it that you want?" Blake asked me. I stopped in my tracks.

"My boyfriend."

"I'm right here."

"No you're not! You're not the same boy I started dating two years ago. I honestly have no idea who you are. Chicago's changed you. And quite frankly, I don't like the new you." I walked away from him.

* * *

I held onto my best friend like I've never held onto her before.

"Okay. Wow. Someone's excited to see me."

"Girl, you have no idea."

"Things couldn't have gotten that bad with me away."

"Again, you have no idea."

"What's the root of the cause?"

"I'm having major boy problems."

"Really?"

"Right now, all I'll say is my current boyfriend has clashed with my ex boyfriend."

"The love of your life ex boyfriend?"

"Yes." I nodded my head.

"Aww man. Well, before we go home, let's go out and talk about it."

"I think that's a great idea." Melissa and I linked arms and walked towards the luggage. This moment is the official start of my new life.