He's the Bad Boy. He's the Police Chief's Son. And They Both Like Me.

mall

The next morning was Saturday. Thank god we didn't have school. I didn't want to have to face Ellie, Caden, Cameron, and Marisol just yet. No doubt they would ask where I was yesterday and I didn't want to lie to them. But I have to. If I tell the truth, they'll hate me.

I was having a wonderful dream when my phone went off. I groaned and reached over to get it.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Were you asleep?" I heard Asher ask.

"Of course not. Because normal people don't want to sleep in on the weekends." I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly. They want to go on a date with their boyfriend." I could hear him smirking.

"A date?" I asked sitting up.

"Yea. it's something that normal couples do all the time."

"I know what a date is."

"Good. Then I'll pick you up at nine tonight."

"Wait, tonight? Why couldn't you have waited until later to call me?" I asked.

"You do know what time it is right?" I looked over at my clock. Holy shit! It was 3:20 pm.

"Fuck! I'm supposed to meet Marisol and Ellie at the mall in ten minutes!" I yelled getting up.

"Well it's a good thing I called." I heard him snicker.

"Shut up. Listen I'll call you later. Ok?" I asked walking to my closet.

"Yup. Remember, 9:00."

"Alright. Bye." I grabbed a skull tank top, black skinny jeans, and my blue and black converse. After I took a shower and got dressed, I ran downstairs.

"Whoa." My dad said stopping me from heading out the door.

"Dad. I have to go. I'm meeting Marisol and Ellie at the mall." I said trying to get past him.

"Have you forgotten what day it is?" He asked.

"No. It's Saturday."

"Saturday, October 15." October 15. I'm not sure but that date has a meaning to it.

"It's your birthday!" My mom screamed from behind me. Oh my god! I forgot my own birthday!

"I totally forgot." I said.

"We have a birthday surprise for you." My mom wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Can it wait till I get back? I have to be somewhere." I said pulling away from her. I ran outside skidding to a stop.

"What's this?" I asked pointing to the orange 2010 eclipse sitting in my driveway beside my parents' car. Image

"It's your surprise!" My mom said.

"You got me a car!" I yelled excitedly.

"We figured that since you've been so good since we moved here that we would get you your own car." My father said. So they haven't found out about me skipping school yet. Hmm. Usually they would have found out by now.

"Thank you guys soooo much!" I yelled.

"Here's the keys. No speeding." My dad said throwing me the keys. I got in the car and ran my fingertips over the steering wheel. This is perfect! I started the car and drove away. I was so excited that I had forgotten about the mall. That is, until my phone went off again.

"Hello?" I asked excitedly.

"Where are you?! We've been waiting for ten minutes!" Ellie yelled.

"Sorry. I'm almost there." I said. I didn't want to let them know it was my birthday. I hated making a big deal of my birthdays.

"Hurry!" She yelled before hanging up. I hung up too and continued to drive to the mall. When I pulled into the parking lot, I saw Ellie and Marisol running over to me.

"Happy birthday!" They yelled.

"Who told you?" I groaned.

"Your mom. We were going to pick you up, but your mom said that she had a birthday present for you and that you'll just meet us here." Marisol said.

"I don't want any presents." I told them.

"Then can I have the car?" Ellie asked.

"Hell no." I said.

"Come on. Let's go." Marisol said dragging us away. She tried to get us to go into Abercrombie and Fitch but there was no way in hell we would be caught dead in there. So we dragged her to Hot Topic.

"So where were you yesterday?" Ellie asked as we looked at the shirts in Hot Topic. I froze up as I thought of an excuse.

"I was sick." I said after a while.

"Yea right. Cameron said he saw you in Asher's car." Marisol said. Ellie turned around to glare at me.

"You didn't." She said. Marisol looked at us confused. After a second a look of realization ran across her face and she glared at me too.

"You fell for him after I told you not to!" Ellie yelled.

"I didn't fall for him! Look I didn't want to go to school yesterday but I was already in Asher's car and he suggested that we skip. We didn't do anything I promise!" I yelled crossing my toes.

"Then what did you guys do on your day off?" Marisol asked.

"We went to the movies."

"What one?" Ellie asked.

"Death at a funeral."

"Then what did you do?" Marisol asked.

"Well we ran into Tiffany's brothers again."

"Oh no. What happened?" Marisol asked concerned.

"Nothing. We just... talked." I said trying to find the right word.

"So then what'd you do?" Ellie asked.

"We went to the ice cream shop and then spent the rest of the day at the park."

"What'd you talk about at the park?"

"Just about why I moved here. About our pasts."

"He was slowly making his way into your heart." More than you know. But I didn't say that.

"It was nothing really." I said.

"Sounds like a date to me." Marisol said.

"You aren't going out with him are you?" Ellie asked glaring at me again.

"No!" I lied. They dropped the subject and moved on to something else. My phone went off. I took it out and saw I had a text message.

Asher: So we aren't going out?

Me: What? What are you talking about?

Asher: That's what you told Ellie and Marisol.
I looked at it confused. How'd he know what I said? Unless he was somewhere near here. I looked around and saw a familiar person smiling at me. I fake glared at him.

"Who are you glaring at?" Ellie asked me. She looked where I was looking.

"Asher?!" She yelled glaring too. He just smiled and walked over to us.

"Hello ladies." He smirked wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and removed his arm from my shoulder.

"What are you stalking me now?" I asked.

"Conceited much? I just happened to be at the mall." He said.

"Right. And I'm the pope." Ellie rolled her eyes.

"Funny, I always thought the pope was a guy. Unless...." He trailed off purposely.

"Idiot." I said slapping his head.

"Yes but I'm your idiot." He smirked pulling me close to him. I glared and pushed him away.

"In your dreams." I said.

"Exactly. Allie wouldn't go out with you in a million years." Marisol said confidently. I nodded my head but inside I was feeling guilty. How could I not tell my friends I was going out with him? Oh right. Because if I did they'd hate me forever.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we are leaving." Ellie said.

"See you later Allie." Asher winked at me. When Ellie and Marisol weren't looking, I smiled back at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm planning on a writing another chapter tonight after this one. Remember to comment. :) Comment/subscribe <3VampirePrincess15<3