Status: just starting up with lots of ideas

Friends or Family?

wow just wow

Ace grabbed my wrist and pulled me out. He brought me out side, to the back yard. It looked like it was a dumpster! Metal parts everywhere, random torn down things, foam here and there.

Ace let go and gracefully climbed up a tree branch. I didn't feel like getting up because my body still hurt like hell. I almost forgot about my pain on the way outside but it made it's way into my mind.

"OK. What I'm about to say you are to never repeat to anyone. Got it?" He stressed.

"Yep."

"Maria is obvious very sick. Yes, this hell hole is our house. It's not a home. It's just a house. The way we pay for this is no crap job. We fight. We win and we pay the bills with the prize. See, Maria is deadly sick and I have to take care of her. Witch means neither one of us can fight. That's where you come in. We need you to fight in our place." He calmly explained.

"No! I won't! I could just give you money for a while! I don't want or need to fight!"

"You do and you will!"

"Why? Why is violence the answer?"

"Look, Maria and I would never accept your money. We have to much pride."

"So, instead you'll just make me fight to the death?" I exclaimed.

"Fighting isn't bad! Sure, it's hard at first but it's a good way to blow off some steam. You learn to love it. Trust me, Maria hated it to at first but she learned! Now she loves it! It's her life's hobby!"

"It's not for me! This still makes no sense! Why can't I just loan you some money?!?!"

"Just, please do it for Maria."He pleaded, looking down at me.

"Yea, do it for me." A soft voice said. I looked over to see a very sickly Maria. She didn't seem to be able to hold up much longer. Her whole body was teetering back and forth.

"Maria, go back to bed." Ace ordered.

"What about Yale? Can't he fight?!?!" I reasoned.

"He's to young." Ace explained."Maria, go!" He yelled at her.

"Why not just lie?" I asked.

"You don't lie to the mob."

"The mob. Oh! So now were dealing with the mob! Oh three cheers for me!" I screamed at him

"Not quite like a mob. More like the gang. We call them the kings."

"So if I do this, what about my family?"

"What do you mean? What family? You mean your rich little foster family?" He asked
snidely.

"They are my adoptive family! I saw them sign the papers!"

"You mean the release forms?"

"What?" I screamed.

Ace jumped down from the tree and ran inside real quick. he came back minutes later.

"Here." He stated.

He handed me a Life magazine. On the front cover in huge bold words was : Avenged chooses to foster!

"No! This isn't true!" I yelled in denial.

"It is. They sent out a whole missing person thing yesterday. You've been gone three days. They also got into this whole thing with the press about your relations to them. Believe me when I say you don't lie to the press." He screamed.

Tears threatened to fall and I ran inside.
It's not true. It's not true. It's not true. It's not true. It's not true.
I was as happy as a clam......about to be dropped into boiling water.