Status: Working on it ;]

Don't Ever Meddle... With Emily's Heart.

Cry Your Heart Out, Little Girl.

“No, you retard! Let ‘er listen to A Little Piece Of Heaven!” Jimmy beamed from the top of his lungs like a lost child in a supermarket.

“No, I’m playing the other one! She’s my daughter!” My father squabbled back.

Jimmy swatted him away from the stereo system as if he were a small bug. “Put it on, Christ, put it on!” he beamed again. Johnny tried pushing his way back to the stereo unsuccessfully as Jimmy pushed him away once again - this time holding onto his forehead as my father scrambled around under Jimmy’s long arm.

Seeing he had won, Jimmy took control of the stereo and put another CD into the machine. How many albums did these guys have? I thought they were only a NEW-ish band…

“Nope, we’ve been out since the late 90’s,” Zacky quickly informed me, which took me aback slightly - as if he read my mind. I felt stupid now, all this time I had no clue -well, not really- about them. Nor did I know about their great music for that matter.

I nodded several times to the beat. “This is pretty catchy!” I yelled over the music. I defiantly was enjoying it so far.

Jimmy glared at my father, his blue eyes serious. “See, I told you she’d like it,” he stated. “SHH! SHH! SHH! MY BIT’S COMING… UP!” he yelled, prancing around the living room singing along.

Johnny looked smug and muttered, “The weird thing is he calls me the retard!”

A quick chuckle came from Zacky’s direction. “Sorry to disappoint you Johnny, but you are the retard.”

“HEY, I AM NOT!” my dad argued in his defence.

I let out a laugh, accidentally of course. Suddenly, their eyes were on me again.

“See, even your daughter agrees with us!” Matt said as he smirked, showing off some shiny grillz.

I liked how well they all got on with each other, they joked around but you could tell they were a family from a mile away.

With everything going on around me, the room felt as if it was spinning; why did men have to make so much noise? I escaped to the bathroom where it a lot quieter.

I placed myself on the floor and sat there, my iPod in my ears just listening repeatedly to Atreyu, which happened to be one of my favourite bands at the time. “Lonely” burst through my headphones, immediately a very large lump grew in my throat, my eyes watered and my heart ached. Yet, despite that, I could not change it. It described my feelings right there and then.

“Lonely, is this what we’ve become? So lonely, fragile and alone.” Okay, so I was not technically alone but I felt it.

My cell buzzed in my pocket, yet I continued to listen to the music. It buzzed again.

“WHAT?!” I yelled louder than I ever had.

“Emily…?” Brianna’s voice answered. I huffed, I really was not in the mood for her.

“Yes…” I grumbled back.

“Sorry to hear about your mom, hon.” 'Did I hear that correctly? Brianna Smith just sympathized for me?’ I questioned myself. She never did that for anyone but herself.

“Mhm, thanks, I think.”

“Are you gonna be okay?” she asked. Okay, something was up. I knew something was up.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be? I’ve got my dad,” I blurted out without thinking. The other end of the phone went horribly quiet. “Brianna?” I heard her breath escape her mouth and get pulled back through her nostrils. Not mad. Calm. Horribly calm.

“I thought you didn’t find him?” she finally spoke. I nodded even though she could not see me.

“Well… I did.”

“That’s great babe. Is he got a good job?” Seriously, now she was getting on my nerves. She NEVER acted like this. “Well, Emily, does he?” She laughed. I laughed. Everyone was laughing.

“Sort of. Anyway, I have to go. Bye!” I hung up the phone before she could say goodbye. I sat there for a few more minutes then began to realise that I was crying. Crying. Tears rolled down my cheeks, around the curves of my nostrils and disappeared into nothingness, just as everything else does.

‘What the hell am I doing?’ I thought as I stood up. I looked in the mirror to “fix” my face by wiping away my salty tears. All I could see though was my mother staring back at me. I never realised before just how much I actually look like her. For some reason, it angered me and saddened me all at once. I would constantly be reminded of her death every single day.

I thought she was gone. No. I see her face everyday in my own reflection.