Status: I'm hoping to actually finish this one, So I guess getting there to be active.

A Twist In My Story

Run run run, as fast as you can.

"RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING, RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING."

"Stupid ph-" "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING"

"Hello?" I said angryly. It was 8 am on a Sunday.
"Oh hey babe, it's Dex."
"Oh hi." Even I heard the change in my voice.
"What's up?" He said happily.
"Just woke up." I said trying to hint him on his waking me.
"Oh. Well, get out of bed. I wanna show you something." He said.

'What the fuck is up with this guy? He ditches me and Linda yesterday, then calls me the next day? Woooow.' Was all I thought to myself. But I agreed anyways.

* * *

2 hours later, I found myself walking down an unknown street holding hands with Dex. It was all good till Isabelle showed up in her car.

"Awh, look, it's the ugliest girl..." She checked Dex out then, "And the hottest guy ever." She looked down at our hands. "Holding hands too? Dex, I thought you said you didn't like her?"
My face dropped.
"When did I say that?" He said almost mad.
"Last night? You know, when we slept together?"

'BITCH!' Was all I could think while running the opposite way from where we were standing.
'He's a jerk, he's a jerk.' I thought while the tears started pouring down my face.

"ALISON! COME BACK!" I heard him shout. But there was no way in hell I was going back to him.
He kissed me one day, slept with a skank the next day. I couldn't believe I fell for it all. He was so nice, and sweet. I knew he was a jerk deep down, but I didn't know it was that bad!

I kept running. I finally reached my house.
I looked inside the window from the street, I saw my mom and dad fighting with Rachel pulling at the bottom of my moms shirt. I wasn't going in there. I started running again.

* * *

After 50 minutes, I found myself sitting on a branch close to the lake. I cried myself out. All I could feel was the frozen tears on my cheeks and the goosebumbs everywhere else on my body.
It was -26'C at the moment, and all I had on was a T-shirt and sweater on. I threw Dex's jacket in the trash while I was running. So I was freezing. But I didn't move, I stayed up in the tree watching the kids in the distance tobogganing. I started crying again, and before I knew it, I was sleeping in the tree branch.

* * *

The world was black, and no one was happy. Everything was broken or not there at all. And I was sitting in the middle of it all, just watching it all pass by.
I hated my life.
My parents, my sister.
Linda.
Myself.
Just everything.

But deep down, for some reason, I couldn't hate Dex. For everything I hated him for, I hated about myself. I couldn't take it.

* * *

"Alison? Alison wake up? I'm sorry." Whispered a voice I didn't know. I was still sleeping, so I tried to ignore it.
"Alison. Please. I'm so sorry." I felt someone shaking me. Why wouldn't they leave me alone?
"Alison, please, just open your eyes." I heard, and suddenly, my body was listening. I blinked twice, and then finally opened my eyes to see a white room.

"Where am I?" Was all I could make out.
"Alison, you're in a hospital. Why were you sleeping in a tree? You fell out, are you okay?"
I turned to see someone. I didn't know who it was.
"Alison? Who's Alison? Who are you?" I didn't understand what was going on. I didn't even know how I was making noise.
"You're Alison. And I'm Dex. Why don't you remember?" Said the guy with the saddest look in his eyes. I couldn't understand why he was so sad.
"I don't know who you're talking about...." I said in a whisper. I felt bad.

"Dex, I'm sorry. But when she fell out of the tree, she hit her head pretty hard, and she has Amnesia." Said someone in a white coat.
"Amnesia?" Was all the 'Dex' character could make out.
"It means she can't remember anything. I'm sorry Dex. " Was all the other person could say. And with that, 'Dex' was walking out of the room looking at his feet.

"Hi Alison, I'm Doctor Daniel, but call me Doctor Dan for short. How's your head?"
"Dex?" Was all I said looking at the door.