The Legend of Julianus

chapter 3

*One week later *

I was in the arena again. This time I had a war chain. I was wearing the same outfit but this time I was against a male. He was about 6 foot 8 and I was terrified. He had a bigger war chain and a sword, even a bigger shield. I started to shiver and felt my feet getting sweaty and my hands getting itchy. I almost backed out. I told myself I made it this far I can make it farther. I lifted up my chain shaking and just about in tears. I can’t do it. All of a sudden the crowd cheered my name telling me come on you can do it! I lifted up my chain and smacked him in the face he fell over but came right back up. I just couldn’t beat him he wouldn’t go down. Suddenly out of know where he pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the stomach. That was it i didn’t think i would make it. I raised my hand with one finger and they spared me I didn’t think I would ever fight again. It took me about a year to heal properly and get back into shape. But I got back up there I wanted to defeat the guy who did this to me. I never got his name so I asked around. His name was Hermas. I challenged him again this time i had a sword and a trident. I lifted up my trident and stabbed it into his guts. I knocked him over and smacked him in the head with my shield. He got back up. I just couldn’t get him down. I started to worry that maybe i shouldn’t have got back up here but I just couldn’t help myself I lifted up my sword to his neck and the crowd told me to kill him. I lifted up my sword and stabbed him again in the guts. I gave one final stab and sliced his neck. Waiting for him to come back up I stood there with guilt. He was dead. I got a golden leaf and the crowd cheered me on. I defeated the one gladiator who had never been beaten before. I was a legend. I did one final fight to the new champion. I stabbed him in the guts he came back up I fell backwards by tripping over my feet. I started to tremble he is going to get. I lifted up my head. He wasn’t hurting me! I got up wondering if I was dreaming and felt a sharp pain in my chest. The last thing I rembered was falling over. I woke up in my bed. I wasn’t dead it was all just a dream!