Status: I'll be updating slow, but please feel free to voice your opinons! :D

My Worst Nightmare

Chapter 7

As I walked into my house I slammed the door behind me. I was so pissed off at Caleb you would not believe. Jonathan a douchebag? Try Caleb a Douchebag . It was going to take a lot for me to talk to that jerk again, and yet I felt so willing to already. Many of the perks of liking some guy you know you shouldn’t. Especially if he says you’re like a sister to him.

I went hurriedly upstairs to take a shower. I did not feel clean after falling into a mini pond of dirty water and I did not feel clean after being so mean to Caleb. Not to mention I needed some quiet time to think things over. Maybe I’d even text Jonathan after I got out of the shower and apologize for Caleb’s behavior. Yeah, I’m going to do that.

Turns out I spent so long in the shower just thinking everything over that the water went cold and I practically fell out of the tub/shower trying to escape the coldness. I dried off and put clothes on and when I put my glasses on I was startled. I forgot that they had broken and everything looked really funny. Almost as if I was looking through a spider or bee’s prospective and how they see the world.

Cursing under my breath I placed my glasses back down and went inside of my medicine cabinet. Luckily I had a pair of contacts left over from last year when I used them. I had decided to try out contacts but no one recognized me and everyone said I looked better with glasses on, except for Caleb of course. He wanted to be too diverse.

It took me about five minutes to finally get both contacts in, but my eyes hurt like hell. I wasn’t use to them but at least I could see normal again. As I was walking out of my room feeling refreshed it dawned on me that my weekend was probably ruined. What exactly was I going to do now that I was sure Caleb wasn’t coming over? Austin wasn’t either since he’s been talking about some party he was going to tomorrow, who knows where too. This weekend was just going to be full of me, myself, and I.

Monday

Just like I knew Caleb never showed up to my house yesterday morning or afternoon or night, same goes with Austin. The only decently good thing was that Jonathan and I could not stop texting each other. But on this dreary Monday I had no desire to go to school. I wanted to skip so I wouldn’t have to see Caleb and get annoyed all over again, but alas it was unavoidable.

I grumbled as I lifted myself out my bed to get my day going. I hated mornings, especially on Monday’s, the start of a new week. I then somehow managed to get an outfit together that actually looked well together and after that I just applied some makeup. When I went downstairs and entered the kitchen I knew any chance of me having a good Monday was ruined.

There sitting in his usual morning breakfast spot was Caleb. He had the nerve of showing up this morning, he really did. I wondered if he thought he was going to apologize and everything was going to be alright that quickly. He probably knew that it would be. I was always so willing to forgive him when he flashed me his one of a kind smile. This time was different though.

“Hey Hail,” he greeted with a smile when he heard me come in. I acted like I hadn’t heard him and headed straight for my refrigerator. When he realized I was deliberately ignoring him after he said hello again he said, “Hail look I’m really sorry.”

“Just sorry isn’t going to cut it this time Caleb,” I sighed, “You really hurt my feelings.”
“Well you hurt mine too.” Caleb said stubbornly.

“How?” I asked, “How could I have hurt your feelings when someone who is my friend you hate beyond reasoning and you said that I’m not a walk in the park implying that you don’t even like me very much.”

“You called me a jerk and I feel like your replacing me with that scu-” he caught himself, “with Jonathan.”

“Wow. Your right Caleb I was so mean to you. I really was. Because I would replace you in a heartbeat,” I said as the sarcasm was dripping from my words heavily, “I’ve never liked you my whole life I just let you into my house every day because I feel like it.”

“I’m acting stupid aren’t I.” he sighed looking down at his glass of milk and then at the plate of waffles my mom probably made for him.

“I don’t know. You tell me?” I took a water bottle from the refrigerator and noticed my mom had made me some waffles as well. I grabbed the two that were left and then went back into the living room. Grabbing my bag next to the couch I headed for the front door.

“Could I have a ride?” Caleb shyly asked, “Please?”

I thought for a moment and sighed. I wanted to tell him no but then I felt bad for not letting him. After all he still hadn’t gotten his car back from his parents yet.

“If I told you I was stupid would that change your mind?” he smiled.

“Fine.” I mumbled as I looked away from his stupidly cute smile. My phone buzzed in my pocket so I grabbed it to see who it was. It was a text and it was from Jonathan.

Morning Haylee :D Have a fantastically boring day in school today.

I smiled to myself as I replied:

You’re going to be equality bored so you shouldn’t be talking. Have a fun day without me and my wonderful texts. :)

Then I saw the time on my phone and gasped. Caleb and I had to leave now or we would be late for school. In that same instance I remembered I had a huge Chemistry test I needed to take since I had skipped Friday. This Monday wasn’t looking great. The only great thing so far was Jonathan’s good morning text and even that wasn’t enough to carry me over throughout the whole day.

“Caleb we have to go right now or we get a detention for Saturday.” I quickly said as he jumped out of his seat stuffing the last of his waffle in his mouth. He threw the dish in the sink, grabbed his backpack, and ran toward the front door where I was.

Luckily we made it just in time and we were sitting down in our homeroom just as the bell rang. We were safe for now. Then just as I was getting comfortable in the hard classroom chairs my phone went off in my pocket again. I instantly knew it was going to be Jonathan this time though.

I don’t think tomorrow is going to be boring for the both of us though.

I was confused by that statement. As I was about to respond to him the teacher saw me and yelled, “Haylee the morning announcements are over and that means homeroom is over. You put that phone away now or I will take it from you and you’ll need your mom or dad to come pick it up.”

I rolled my eyes and shoved the phone back into my pocket, very annoyed. I really hated teachers sometimes. I mean, it’s not like she was even teaching at the moment anyway. With a sigh I got my things out and started listening to my History teachers boring stories about America.

About half way through the class Caleb, who sat next to me, gave me a piece of paper. I looked at him and he mouthed the words open it. So I did and it read:

Did anyone tell you that you look cute today?

I stared at it and let out a huge sigh. This wasn’t helping at all trying to get over him. I wrote back though.

I don’t wanna hear it.

I handed it back to him and continued to work in the textbook, but the paper was quickly given back to me.

I like that you’re trying the contacts again and that you’re wearing makeup. Makes you look extra special.

I’m wearing the contacts because my glasses broke remember? Plus I don’t know where the spare set is and I’m wearing makeup because I’m trying to look nicer my senior year of high school. This is my last impression for people.

You are making a great impression on me.

You’re just being a suck up. You’re still trying to apologize to me.

You’re even cute when you give me that angry look you’re giving me now. Rawr.

After that I just folded the paper back up that he gave back and I tore it into little pieces. He needed to stop messing with me. I just couldn’t pass notes with him anymore when he said things like that. I mean, ok, we’ve joked like this before, but right now at this moment I didn’t know what I was feeling and he was never so insistent on calling me cute before. I was very confused.

Monday was too long of a day and after today I knew the whole week was going to be like this, very slow. I didn’t know if I could survive the whole week without some sort of episode. When first period was over I went to my next class and then my next and then the next it felt like it was a never ending slow waste of my time today.

At last a free, nosey, period presented itself and I was very relieved. I usually sat with Caleb and Austin and some other friends but this time I felt like being alone so I ended up going to the band room. Band geeks are usually obnoxiously loud too, but usually around lunch time they were pretty quiet, not to mention barely anyone came in here for lunch.

I sat at the teacher’s desk knowing full well they wouldn’t mind. It seemed like I was the only one today sitting here too and I got a little sad. What was this I was going through all of a sudden? Before I could think further on the matter I perked right up when I heard the classroom door open.

When I saw who it was I rolled my eyes. At this pace he would have me accepting his apology and have me apologize to him too. Caleb saw me and he smiled as he walked over to me with a lunch tray in his hand.

“I had a feeling I’d find you here.” Caleb smiled wider. I sighed and continued eating, “aw come on your still mad? Come on Hail.”

“Give him a shot then. Go with Austin this Saturday to hang out and jam with the guys. Try and have a damn good time, ok? Clear the tables with Jonathan and start from a new perspective other than ‘that guy is in the rival band and he’s got to be a jerk’, ok?” I said.

With and sigh and a long pause Caleb agreed, “alright, fine, I’ll try, I promise, just for you.”

“You really mean it?” I smiled and he nodded, “Thanks Cay.”

“No problem Hail, but,” he paused, “could I have your cookie?”

“Oh you want me to forgive you and now you want to take my cookie just like that huh? Well no. You can’t” I stuck my tongue out at him and grabbed the cookie shoved it in my mouth.

“That’s not right!” Caleb whined with a pouty face.

“Maybe next time if you’re quick enough to steal it away from me.” I smiled patting him on the back. It was weird, but no matter how angry I was with Caleb it always just melted away. He always agreed with my terms to make me happy again. But then that’s what friends did, right?

After lunch things actually did get just a bit better and didn’t seem to drag on as much. Maybe this week wouldn’t be so bad after all?
♠ ♠ ♠
Now I know I've been away for so long when it comes to writting, and I feel bad trust me, but hey. I got another chapter out :) I'm getting there. Maybe I'll be writting more. I've been having these weird urges to lately anyway. But thats such a good thing. For you guys away :D

..... ew now that I'm looking over this..... it doesn't look like much!!! This is like 4 pages (little bit of 5) in Word!!!

-Jagked (Sam)