Status: Active :)

Home Is Where the Heart Is

Past.

*2 years & 3 months eariler*

The ride to the pizza place was extremely awkward and I was silently praying the whole date wouldn't continue in such a manner. Once the car was parked and we headed inside we were seated at a small booth in the corner.

"So...sorry if you don't like pizza.." Caleb started with a nervous smile, before he could continue I cut him off.

"I love pizza actually, its one of my favorites" I smiled at him trying to ease some of the tension between us.

"Good! I'm glad, I wanted to take you somewhere nicer but I'm kinda low on cash right now, unfortunely.." he smiled happily before trailing off.

"Well, lucky for you I'm a cheap date" I smiled back. He just laughed as our waitress came over to ask for our order.

The date went surprisingly well and before I knew it Caleb had paid the check. We had just talked about normal teenage things, especially music. I didn't know that Caleb sang but supposedly he did.

I was headed to his car when I suddenly felt the warmth of his hand tangled with mine and a slight tug, pulling me away from the parking lot and towards a small childrens park down the block.
We walked hand in hand until we reached our destination.

"Wanna go on the swings?" Caleb asked me as he turned towards me, never letting go of my hand.

"Of course" I smiled as he led us to the swingset. I plopped down on a nearby swing as Caleb sat on the one next to me, never letting go of my hand.

"So...I was wondering...do you maybe wanna go on another date sometime?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly.
He must have been nervous, I don't know why though because its not like I was super pretty or anything.

Turning to him with a small smile on my face I said, "I would love to."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for Jimmie because she's been bugging me about updating.
Lovee you girl!
Comments please?