Shotgun Sinners

Chapter 3

Meghan's POV

I groaned upon hearing my brother’s squeaky voice. The constant knocking on the door plus what it seems to be an over excited Tracy is a certain sign that the day was going to be bad, for me at least. I pushed the sheets away from me and walked slowly to the door.

“Get dressed; we’re going to the mall!” This is what I’m talking about. I have developed a hate for malls since all I do is carry his bags and bags of merchandise which after a week would be found lying on his floor; clearly a good way to waste money.

“Okay, I’ll be right there.” I mumbled as I pick up random clothes that are conveniently lying on my floor. Not that different from my brother eh? I carelessly put them on and looked at the mirror which was the only time I actually got a look at what I was wearing.

A comfortable pair of jeans, a shirt and shoes; a messy ponytail and that was it. I was ready for the mall. I took another look at the mirror and turned my attention to my shirt. In big, bold, red letters was the word “BOB” written across it. It gave me a good grin. I don’t remember buying any shirt like it but it’ll definitely do.

“Nice shirt.” My brother said in a joking kind of way. I raised an eyebrow on him and the silly smirk on his face disappeared. We skipped breakfast and decided to eat at the mall. We went to the car, the engine connected and we were off. It’s ironic how he is the dude and he is the shopo-holic while I, the girl, despise shopping.

Cheesy songs and murmurs from the people around filled my head as I approached the entrance. I readied my arms for the beating it would take from carrying Tracy’s bags.

We zoomed from one shop to another. The clothes were multiplying by the hundreds and some occasionally being shoved to my face. “Try it on Meghan; I think it’ll look good on you.”

Hesitation would be useless. It seems as if all my sarcasm and complaining just bounces off his head and never reaches his brain. I try it on, take it off and move on. That went about for the whole day.

It was a relief that finally we stayed at one shop for the rest of the hour. It was huge but I didn’t bother to look at the name. I heard laughter from my left and I unconsciously looked their way. It was a bunch of girls and, I think, their boyfriends. They were all standing in front of a rack of old-lady clothes and I noticed, to my big relief, a bench next to it.

I raced my way to the bench sensing that my feet was about to give in. I felt my knees buckle a bit which made me crash on the bench. “Jeez.” I yelled frustratingly at my clumsiness.

The rack tipped a bit and an ugly gray sweater fell on the floor. I picked it up quickly and knocked my head on something. I was about to yell again because of my clumsiness but I felt my throat clench as I stared right into those beautiful blue eyes.

“Oh, I-“His soft voice played in my ears as my heart beat faster. I felt our eyes connect once again. My mouth uncontrollably formed a shy smile. “I-I’m sorry,” he stuttered.

“Oh, it’s okay,” I said in a shaky voice. My nerves were failing me once again but somehow I didn’t want to run away like I used to. I slowly reached out my arm. “I’m Meghan”

He returned the favor. His hand was cold but really soft. I squeezed it a bit, not much to be noticed. “Hi, I’m…I’m Bob.” He said with a big grin on his face

It was the most adorable smile I have ever seen. I felt my heart sink but in a good way. I stared at the girls behind her shooting weird, awkward looks at us.

“Here’s your um,” Handing the sweater to me with a confused look. “Oh, no it’s not—“I was clearly mumbling and his laugh shut me up. Hearing his laugh made me want to tackle and hug him and fighting that temptation is killing me by the second.

I felt a tug on my arm that pulled me to reality. It was my brother, who always had the worst timing. “I have to go, it was nice meeting you.”

“You too.” He smiled once more as I looked at the other direction glancing back from time to time.

--

“Ooh I know that smile!” Alex said in an excited voice. They were all teasing Bob and tapping his back. His face blushed as he looked down on the floor.

“What was her name? Where does she live? Where did she go?” Kay said, obviously excited for Bob. All eyes were on Bob. He felt awkward having the attention on him.

“Her name was Meghan and we talked for like two seconds. I wouldn’t know that much information about her in that time.”

“But you like her?” Gerard said with a look in his face that Bob knew very well what it meant.

“Stop it you guys, she has a boyfriend.” Bob said with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

“Hey look there she is!” Frank pointed from afar. Everyone looked and there she was carrying loads of shopping bags, trailing behind a tall guy.

“So much for a boyfriend look at her, she’s carrying all those bags and that jerk is just enjoying himself!” Chelsea said in a raised voice.

“You, my friend, are getting a girlfriend” Olivia said as she pulled Frank towards the girl’s direction.

“Wa—Wait, you can’t—“Bob said in a shocked sort of way. Frank flashed a teasing smile at Bob.