We're Not Falling In Love, We're Just Falling Apart

Chapter One

"What do you think?" asked my father, stepping behind me. I was standing in the doorway of what was going to be my new room in our new penthouse apartment. The house staff had been unpacking all of my things since we had arrived. I looked over my shoulder to see that he was staring down at me, his arms crossed over his chest. It was clear to me that he was more then thrilled at the idea of living in Manhattan again. He was thrilled with his new marriage as well and didn't seem to care what else was happening. He didn't seem to care that he forced his own daughter to leave behind her boarding school and all of her amazing friends. I was being forced to attend some place called Constance Billard, an all girls private school. Who wants to go to an all girls school?

I am all for co-ed education here! According to my father and my new step mother it's an elite school and only the best of the best go there. The only good thing is that I am going to know one person there, my step sister, Pepper. The problem? She is two grades ahead of me so I'm pretty sure I will barely be able to see her. I hadn't told my father about how much I didn't like the idea of going to Constance for two reasons. The first one being was that he was too happy with everything going on. The second one being that he probably would tell me to stop complaining. He tended not to care what other people wanted sometimes. That was probably why my mother had left him in the first place. I shrugged as I looked back into my room, it was twice the size of my dorm back at boarding school," It's decent." That was the least mean thing that I could think to say. He seemed fine with my answer and he pressed a kiss to my head before I heard him walking away.

I rolled my eyes as I told the maids to get out of my room. They both scrambled to leave, clearly able to see that I was in a bad mood. I slammed the door once the both of them were out and glanced around. The room had been decorated by some interior designer that my step mother had hired, according to my tastes. The walls were painted violet, my favorite color, or rather, one of them. The trim was egg white and the floor was cherry stained mahogany wood. There was a rather large window with a window seat underneath it, the cushions were black. The bed was king sized, complete with pillows with feathers imported from Turkey and Italian black silk sheets. There was a purple duvet folded neatly at the foot of it. There was a vanity up against one of the walls, all of my make up and hair products neatly displayed.

I also had my own bathroom and a walk in closet that was filled with designer clothes. I walked towards my bed and plopped down on it. I slid my feet out of my Chloe flats and kicked my shoes to the side. I was now an Upper East Sider, I had no idea what that meant. I had never really lived with my parents growing up, they were always gone. My father was usually on business trips and my mother was always having some sort of affair. I had been left in the care of nannies and once I hit middle school I was shipped off to boarding school. That was probably the best choice my parents had made for me. In the middle of my seventh grade year my parents finally split up. My mother moved off to Europe and my father got to keep me. Did that matter really? No, because I was still at boarding school.

I was surprised when my father told me he was getting married. I was also surprised when he told me I was not going to be returning to my school for my sophomore year of high school. Oh no, I was going to be moving to Manhattan with my new family. I fell back onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling, a blank look on my face. Was I going to fit in at my new school? I knew I was going to have to find out who was at the top of the social ladder and how to either overthrow them or join them. I heard the sound of the door opening and saw that it was my step mother. She was smiling and seemed to be ready to start jumping up and down with joy," We have been invited to a foundation dinner for Bass industries! You must look your best! We are leaving in an hour!"

I didn't get a chance to say anything before she shut the door. I had to look my best? I always looked my best! I pushed myself up and off the bed, walking towards my closet. I knew for a fact that I was a beauty, I had been told that ever since I was little. My black hair reaches my mid back and is loosely curly. I have dark green eyes that sometimes people think are hazel, my complexion is somewhat pale. I am not too tall, only around five feet and four inches but I pull it off. I pushed the closet doors open to show the brand new clothes that had been bought for me as a bribe. A foundation dinner? How thrilling, or rather I would say boring. I was going to have to put on a smile and pretend to be so happy to be going. It would give me a chance to meet some of the people I would be going to school with.

With that thought in my mind I began to search for the perfect outfit. I settled on a black halter top style dress designed by Eleanor Waldorf. It hugged my torso but billowed out at the waist, giving my legs freedom. The skirt ended at my ankles and there was a large slit going up the left side, to mid thigh. My father wouldn't like it but I didn't give a damn if he did or not. If I had to suffer, I was going to look hot while suffering. I grabbed the dress and hung it up on the other side of the closet door. I quickly showered and dried my hair, straightening it before going to get dressed. Once the dress was on I went about with finishing getting ready. I applied a light amount of make up and pulled my hair up into a low side ponytail.

I could hear my father bustling about, getting ready for his first society event in his hometown. I slipped on a pair of silver Jimmy Choos that were also brand new. I made sure I had my black Chanel clutch before I stepped out of my room. I walked down the hall, towards Pepper's room. I reached up and knocked, waiting for her to open it," Pepper? It's Eve, can I come in?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it! It's a bit of a slow start but it will get a lot better. Leave some love <3

XOXO