We're Not Falling In Love, We're Just Falling Apart

Chapter Five

I was so incredibly out of the loop.

I could tell instantly that Pepper and Nate had past when he arrived. She had forgotten to mention that little fact. I was going to have to somehow get it out of her. That was why I was a little nervous about her and Nate going off alone. That left me with Chuck but that wasn't exactly a bad thing if you asked me. The two of us watched as they walked onto a balcony and Nate shut the doors so they had privacy. I was so going to question Pepper about everything later! I felt Chuck pulling me towards a table and he handed me a flute of champagne. I watched as he pulled out a flask and popped it open.

He poured some of the alcohol into my drink before pouring some into his own. What had I gotten myself into? I glanced down towards my glass, swirling it around a little. He laughed in amusement as he watched me," Never had a drink before Little E?" My eyes narrowed at the nickname, I hated it when people thought because I was young that I hadn't done anything," I've had plenty of drinks before Bass." To prove my point I downed the glass quickly, the liquid burning my throat as it traveled down it. I looked around as I set the now empty glass down to make sure my father and Elizabeth hadn't seen it. They were in discussion with who I was guessing was Chuck's father.

"I guess you proved me wrong," said Chuck as I felt his arms wrapping around me. I nodded as he pulled me against him, looking up towards his face," Haven't you made her jealous enough?" He shook his head as he looked towards Blair who was talking to Serena and a boy who looked to be my age. She was still watching us but trying her hardest not to make it obvious," Just let me do one more thing." He was leaning in towards me and I suddenly felt his lips on mine. My eyes widened as I felt his arms holding me to him, not knowing what to do. Don't ask me why I did it, I think it was either the alcohol or boredom but I began to kiss him back.

I lifted my arms to place them around his neck, sinking into the kiss. He chuckled against my lips as he continued to kiss me. I swore I could hear Blair cursing and Serena gasping in shock. I was waiting for him to pull away but he did. I felt his arms tightening their hold on me as his tongue thrust right into my mouth. I gasped in surprise, beginning to step back, but he followed and soon my back came into contact with a wall. I had never made out with anyone at a big society event. Dorm party? Sure, that was the whole purpose of those. But I had never dared lock lips with someone while my father was in the room.

I heard someone clearing their throat and we pulled apart slowly. I was panting a little and I'm sure my lips were a little swollen. I saw that it was Elizabeth and she did not look pleased," Your father wants us to go home, go find Pepper and kindly release Charles." I looked up towards Chuck's face to see that he looked like he wanted to strangle Elizabeth. I nodded, pushing Chuck away from me as I tried to straighten out my dress and hair. He winked at me as I walked towards the balcony. I could feel the alcohol working it's way into my system and I was going to need to go right to bed when I got home.

After I managed to find Pepper and Nate in a rather interesting position I told her we had to go. She looked annoyed but I was just telling her what I had been told to tell her. I shut the doors to let her and Nate have some privacy. I walked back into the banquet hall and didn't say anything to anyone as I walked into the hotel lobby. I walked towards the service desk and asked for my coat, giving them my number. I glanced around as I waited impatiently for my coat to be given to me. The woman came back with my jacket in her hands and she held it out to me. I smiled at her in thanks before shrugging it on.

I turned only to come face to face with Blair Waldorf and she looked pissed. She faked a smile as some people walked by before she looked at me," I have no idea who you think you are Evelyn but I am going to warn you now, stay the hell away from Chuck!" I raised an eye brow, crossing my arms over my chest," And if I don't?" She stepped closer to me, thinking she scared me," I have the power to make your life hell." I laughed, amused, not at all scared as I shoved past her," I would love to see you try." I walked towards the doors and saw Chuck standing near them.

"Leaving so soon?" he asked as he stepped in front of me, looking annoyed. I nodded, my hands falling to my sides," My father wants me to get a good nights sleep for my first day of school." He laughed as he stepped closer to me, his hands going to either side of my face," I will meet you tomorrow, by the steps at the Met." I nodded, wondering if this was all a game," You do know Blair isn't watching us right?" He shrugged before he pressed his lips to mine quickly," Maybe I just like kissing you." I nodded as he pulled away from me and I watched as he got out his phone," Put your number in."

I took his phone and went to his contacts, hitting add new contact. As a joke I put my number under the name Little E and handed it back to him," I'll see you tomorrow morning." I headed out to the car where my father and Elizabeth were already waiting. I was hoping that Elizabeth hadn't told my father what she had caught me doing. He knew that I had messed around with boys back when I was at boarding school. He just never had to deal with it since he was never around. About ten minutes later I could see Pepper making her way out to the car.

The ride was spent in silence and I could tell something was wrong with her. It was probably dealing with Nate but knowing her she didn't want to talk about it. Once we arrived at our building we all went our separate ways. I went into my bedroom, slipping off my shoes. I stripped off the dress and tossed it to the floor, not caring it would wrinkle. I changed into my black short La Perla nightgown and went to wash my face of the make up. I brushed my teeth and took my hair out of the pony tail. I plugged my phone in before crawling into my bed. I slid my sleeping mask on and let sleep take me.

The next day I woke up to a maid announcing that breakfast was being served. I cursed under my breath as I pulled my sleeping mask off, sitting up. I tossed my sleeping mask to the side, reaching for my phone. I was going to have to hurry up and get ready for the long day ahead of me. I quickly got out of bed and went to go shower. Once I was done showering I saw that my uniform was on my bed. I rolled my eyes at the sight of it before I began to get dressed. I chose to wear a pair of red tights to make it not so boring.

I straightened my hair and put a red solid headband on it. I slipped on my black Prada ballet flats before leaving my room. I was going to have to somehow eat quickly because I remembered I was supposed to meet Chuck. I passed Pepper's room, wondering if she had woken up yet. I headed down to the dining room to see that Elizabeth and my father were already there. The table was filled with more then enough food for four people. The maid pulled a chair out for me and I plopped down onto the chair.

I reached for a pitcher of orange juice and poured myself a glass," I can't really stay long, I am meeting up with someone." My father raised an eye brow at my words," Who?" I shrugged as I set the pitcher down, taking a few sips from the glass," Chuck Bass." That was the extent of that conversation because Pepper came down the stairs. I was no longer going to be in the limelight thanks to her. I gulped down the rest of my juice and took a few bites of a bagel," I'll see you guys later! Love you!" I pressed a kiss to my dad's cheek before I hurried out of the dining room. I made sure I had my purse and phone before I left the building.

Spotted: Little E hurrying towards the Met. Meeting up with C? Looks like B should be threatened. Who would have thought a newcomer could hook herself a Bass? Is she going to be his next conquest or victim? Maybe she can make him change his ways. That's not likely though. You Know You Love Me. XoXo- Gossip Girl

I was running late and I knew it too. I was not too far from the Met but there were so many people! I hoped that Chuck wasn't waiting or maybe he was flirting with some random girl. I was barely paying attention to what was going on around me. That was why I didn't see that I was about to bump right into someone. I gasped as I went stumbling back, my purse falling to the ground. I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited to feel my back hit the dirty cement. Only I never felt it, instead, I felt arms wrapping around me.

My eyes opened to see that I was staring up at a boy. He looked like he was in shock at what had just happened. I hadn't seen him last night but he was wearing a school uniform. I remembered faintly being told that Constance was the sister school to an all boys school named St. Judes. I bit my lip, my face flushing as I struggled to find out what to say," Um, this is the most interesting way I have met someone." He laughed a little as he helped me stand up straight," I'm Dan." He was so not from the Upper East Side from what I could see. I smiled at him as I straightened out my skirt," I'm Evelyn but you can call me Eve or Evie if you like."

He stared at me for a few seconds, not saying anything. I picked up my purse and made sure that nothing had fallen out of it," Is something wrong?" He shook his head a little bit," You are the one that was on Gossip Girl, with your step sister, Pepper right?" I stared at him, wondering if he was speaking in tongues or something," Gossip Girl? What's that?" He pulled out a rather cheap looking phone and flipped it open. He pressed a few buttons before showing me the screen," It's this blogger, no one knows who she is, she posts about Upper East Siders, mostly the people from our schools."

I nodded as he put his phone away, hoisting the strap of my purse up my shoulder," So basically she is kind of like a tabloid only online?" He laughed at my question, shrugging," I guess you could say that so since I bumped into you can I possibly buy you a cup of coffee?" I shrugged, remembering I had promised to meet up with Chuck," Um, well I sort of made plans but I can bail." He seemed a little put out but he instantly smiled when he heard me say I would bail on my plans.

I hooked my arm through his as he led me away from the direction of the Met. He took me into a Starbucks and we both ordered the same thing. We ordered just plain coffee, black, that was it. He was actually pretty funny and had a witty sense of humor. He was nothing like any guy i had met.

I hopefully had not gotten myself in trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter! I hope you guys like it!

XoXo