I'm Sane, Not Insane

I am not mad.

I had not been caught of my deed. For which I had caught myself. Yes, indeed - I had ratted myself. I couldn't take it.
His hideous heart beating and beating, louder and louder. I wouldn't have been caught I say. It was the most perfect crime.
It would've been the most famous unsolved mystery. But yet - his hideous heart had to ruin it all. I thought he was dead!
He was stone dead when I last checked. Yes, before I dismembered the corpse, I had check his pulse - nothing. Stone dead.
His eye would trouble me no more, but then his hideous heart troubled me.

The men chatted freely as if nothing is occurring. But I know, they are ridiculing me. The smiles they had, oh the fake smiles!
How could they not hear? It was unbearable for the human ear and yet they did not hear!? The mockery - I went mad! I couldn't
bear it no more. I had to scream, jump, anything just to get his hideous heart to stop! And the unthinkable happened.

Now, I am here - telling you I am not mad nor insane, I am just sane. Normal as can be. If I were mad, would I have plot this devious plan?
I think not - I would simply attack the old man. But for seven nights I tell you, I watched him and planned my next moves. And if I were mad,
wouldn't have I been caught already? Oh no! This deed had been plan carefully, I rid myself from the eye, but his hideous heart comes to haunt me.

The old man, as I remembered, never wronged me. He never ridiculed me. His gold I never want. But one of his eye - vexed me day and night. And thus
I had the mind to kill. This may be the time you point and scream madman! But Hearken and listen well. I could not be a madman, for which I had plan
everything so damn well. For seven nights I'd watch him and him alone. Watching his every move. For thus he will die in how many days. I could not
just lunge at him... No, No - that will ruin everything. I'd wait in the shadows, until everything was set up and the time would come, when I would rid
of the eye once and for all.

And when I had ratted myself of the deed, I come to the white room and proven guilty I am. I told the judge I am not mad. But he would not listen.
No one did - they all looked with disgust plastered on their face. The people did not understand how that eye vexed me. It turned me into a madman
as that evil eye always fell upon me. I had to rid of it and from myself. I just had to. But no one listened and no one cared. For they thought I was mad.
But I am not mad. Why will you think I am mad...?

It's been years now, and I could still hear his faint heartbeat. The madness I've gone through because of his heart. I had rid myself of
his evil eye, but his heart vexes me from time to time. I could never forget my deed and how I almost became triumph if weren't for his heart.
I explain the story, detail to detail to anyone who wishes to know and they conclude I am mad. Why will they say I am mad? For I always
tell them healthily and calmly the whole story. And how could they say I am mad? But now, I am free from the old man's eye. It no longer vexed me.
But what vexed me is his hideous heart. It makes me go crazy.

The deed I could never forget. Oh how I thought I would never get caught. But his heart. His hideous heart - it beats and beats. Louder and louder.
I must scream! I must rid of that heart. His hideous heart I shall rid next. It vexes me till this day. I dream of his dismembered body under the planks. His eye
that I hate and his beating hideous heart. They follow me - everywhere, every time. It does not want to let go of me! Get away! His heart - the noise its ringing in my ears.
It's getting louder and louder! The low, dull, quick sound at the chamber. It's here. Can you not hear? I am not mad I say! It's growing louder and louder!
I could bear it no longer! I move violently. Screaming and covering my ears. The men come in, they calm me down. How could they not hear it? The old man's beating heart
It is so loud - anyone can hear for miles away. Are they mocking me? Oh shame on their mockery! His hideous heart - it's louder than ever. It's beating faster and faster.
I can not take it much longer! Louder- Louder- Louder! Thud. Thud. Thud. It goes. His eye! It's there. His evil eye is back. There! There! Hark!

"His heart! His eye! Get away - Get away!" I shrieked. "Stop! Away you evil eye! Away you go!!" The two men grabbed me by the shoulders. The other takes out a needle.
I kicked, I scream, I argued with a high key.giving them violent gesticulations. They can not get me. For I am not mad! I am sane! Not mad. Why do they think I am mad?
For I have repeated myself over and over! I am not mad. Suddenly, a sting came running through my spine. The man had shot me. My famous last words...
"I - am - not - mad." It's dark, pitch black. I told them, I am not mad - but no one listened. Are you listening to me? I am not mad, tell them! I am not insane!!

I would not be here. I would have not be found out. If it weren't for his hideous heart, I wouldn't be here. For I am not mad! Why will they think I am mad?
And alas I tell you. I had rid myself from his evil eye. But his hideous heart had haunt me. For it wouldn't die without a fight. His tell-tale heart, did not die.