Status: in progress

Two Brothers

chapter four

*previously*
"I actually live on Gilman. It's one street over. It's the only white house on the block." I admitted. Stefan looked at me for the first time since he started driving and smiled a little. He inspected me with his insanely blue eyes.
"I think I know where that is." He started driving again.
*previously*

Stefan tried to ignore the fact that Damon was following the red porsche with little success. It seemed like every time he looked at his rearview mirror, or glanced out his window, Damon was staring back at him, a smirk on his lips. There he stood, leaning against a stop sign, just a block away from Katelyn's home. He knew where she lived, of course. He had probably been watching her for the better half of a week already.

Stefan looked at the girl and her tangled red hair out of the corner of his eye. What was so special about this girl that Damon would rather stalk her and kidnap her than kill her?

"This is it here." Katelyn said as he pulled up to the only white house on the block. She hadn't noticed Damon at the stop sign. Good. No need to frighten her any more than she already was. Stefan studied her face. She didn't look terrified out of her mind like she should be, instead there was a slightly stubborn set to her jaw, as if she were working up the courage to say something rude. Probably about Damon. Katelyn got out of the porsche and onto the sidewalk, still not saying anything.

She turned back. "If you see Damon, tell him to give me back my stuff. And that he better not have looked through my bag."

"I'll tell him." Stefan assured her.

"Thanks." Katelyn stared at him for a moment before bolting towards the front door of her house.

"Smart girl. Stay away from vampires." Stefan murmered, half to himself.

"You know, I hear talking to yourself is the first sign of being coo coo." Damon was sitting next to him before Stefan even heard him coming. Stefan pretended not to care. "She's different, Stefan. Can't you feel it?" Damon leaned back to lay his head against the back of the seat and stared at the large white house.

"Damon, why are you doing this again? This isn't going to be any different than before." Stefan sighed, knowing his brother's ears were deaf to anything but the sound of Katelyn steps inside the house, going up a flight of stairs. The two brothers stared at the house.

"Well we'll just have to see about that, won't we?" Damon got out of the red porsche. "Not one scratch, little brother." Damon tapped the car with his finger. "I won't be gone long."

"Damon! What are you going to do?" Damon smiled at Stefan, his eyes mischievous. Without giving Stefan an aswer, Damon blurred away.
♠ ♠ ♠
shortest chapter to date, I believe... but I hope you all enjoyed it :) I've got an actual plot up my sleeve now, so be prepared :)
also, comments are kinda what keeps me going, so every single one are appreciated.