Gutter ***s

Disturbances

My parents leave and just like the rest of the week Tre and I find it safe to leave my room. We head down the stairs in a whirl of giggles and are startled to find Andrew sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee.
“Listen you two.” He says firmly, “I could hear you at night, and it’s fucking traumatizing to hear your own sister going through an orgasm so stop fucking around.” Tre and I stand there shocked and silent.
“Please don’t tell Mom and Dad.” I say hopefully.
“I won’t, but if I hear you guys going at it once more, I will.” He says seriously, “If you’re really that horny do it in the goddamn basement!”
“Erm, sorry about that.” Tre says glancing at me awkwardly.
“Can you go away; I kinda don’t wanna look at you.” Andrew says looking down at his coffee, “It’s disturbing.”
“Yeah.” I say taking Tre’s hand and heading outside.

“I’m kinda in my boxers.” Tre says as we sit on the porch. I look over at him and realize its true, I got dressed but all his clothes are downstairs.
“Fuck, I can’t believe he heard us!” I exclaim.
“So what, it’s not like he actually walked in on us.” Tre says rolling his eyes, “I mean I actually walked in on my brother and his girlfriend and I’m okay.”
“You’re not okay.” I manage to giggle, “Do you remember being normal?”
“Oh real mature.” Tre says crossing his arms, “And stop staring at my man boobs.” He goes inside leaving me alone. He returns a couple of minutes later dressed.

“Can we go somewhere fun?” he asks with big eyes.
“Like what?”
“I dunno.” He whines childishly, “fun.”
“F is for fucking, U is for Uranus and S is for-“
“Sex?” Tre asks laughing, “Your brother’s still in there in case you haven’t noticed.”
“Wanna just go to the mall again?” I ask as I get up from my spot.
“Nah.” He groans, “Is there a movie theatre around here?”
“Umm, downtown, we have to take like two buses.”
“Then lets take two buses.” Tre says rolling his eyes.
“Just let me grab some cash.” I mutter as I go back into the house. I go up to my room and grab the remaining twenty-five dollars from the money I brought with me. I head back down stairs and my brother is still staring at his coffee mug. I feel sorry for him, but its not like talking will make him feel better, he just has to work through it himself.