Gutter ***s

Joey Ramone

I’m upset because I didn’t get chosen to take the pictures for the Joey Ramone interview, instead I got to take pictures of the new Arsenic clothing and skateboard line. I fill out a photo order sheet at my desk then grab my bag before heading out the door.

On my way past the board room a man with long black hair and a leather jacket steps out and lights a cigarette.
“Hey!” I call excitedly.
“Awe no, can’t you just let me smoke my cig in here.” He groans. I was right, it was Joey Ramone.
“Yeah, go ahead, smoke away.” I say waving my arms spastically, “I-I-I’m a fan and well my boyfriend is well obsessed with you.” I realize I’m sounding like a complete idiot, I unzip my bag and pull out the Ramones tape Tre lent me, “Could you possibly sign an autograph.” He laughs a little.
“Sure, do you have a pen or something.” I pull the pen out of my bag and hand him the pen and tape. He signs it, “You said your boyfriend’s obsessed with me?”
“Yeah, well he’s a drummer too, his band is actually headlining Lollapalooza this summer.”
“What are they called?”
“Green Day.” I say confidently.
“I’ll have to remember them then.” He says with a grin, “Are they any good.”
“They’re better than good.”
“And what’s your name?”
“Lisea Lyons, I’m a photographer for Globan magazine.”
“Very cool.” He says nodding, “Lisea Lyons and Green Day.”
“Well I should be going now.” I say blushing immensely.
“Alright, see ya around.” He chuckles.

I hurry off to the bus stop and take the bus back home then sprint home from the nearest stop. I burst through the door to find Tre pounding away on his drums.
“Tre!” I yell at the top of my lungs. He stops, “I met Joey Ramone!” I screech.
“You lucky brat!” he says, his eyes bulging. I pull the tape out of my bag and shove it into his hands, “You got me his fucking autograph!”
“No, I got you Marky’s.” I say sarcastically.
“I fucking love you!” Tre exclaims.

Billie bursts through the door and both he and Tre let out loud girlish screeches.
“You heard it too?!” Billie exclaims.
“Heard what?” Tre asks as he stops bouncing in his spot, “Lisea got me Joey Ramone’s autograph!”
“They played Longview on the radio!” Billie yells even louder.
“Holy shit!” Tre yells as Billie takes the tape and looks it over.
“Yeah, it was on the battle of the songs and we won!”
“Fuck yeah!” Tre exclaims hugging me excitedly, “Wait, what’s today’s date?”
“April 3rd, why?” I ask as Tre finally lets me go.
“Cause it’s a memorable day.” He laughs.